PDA

View Full Version : SPOILERS: Force Heretic 2 and 3

Dan Kyrinov
30 January 2003, 09:35 PM
http://www.starwars.com/eu/news/2003/01/news20030130.html

Wow! Check out the link for two stunning covers by Jon Foster and details on the last two books in the Force Heretic trilogy. Is that a Ssi-ruuk on Refugee? What the heck is going on in Reunion? Can't wait to read the scenes the covers portray!

Talon Razor 'GM'
30 January 2003, 09:53 PM
That IS a Ssi-ruuk, you can tell by the paddle-beamer! Cool! Wow! Ssi-ruuk, a much cooler bad guys then the Yuuzanh-Vong! I wonder if they are setting up the Ssi-ruuvi to be the galaxy bad guys? They both look cool, can't wait to read what is inside!

Nova Spice
1 February 2003, 07:32 AM
Yes, that is a Ssi-Ruuk on Refugee. It is not known why they're coming back into the galactic scene, especially since it was thought the Chiss eradicated them.

Another interesting twist is that Han Solo is heading back into the Koornacht Cluster in Remnant. Perhaps the Yevetha have a part to play as well?

I think it's becoming more and more clear than the Galactic Alliance may be just that: an alliance between the remaining free forces in the galaxy. Now, if only the authors would shed some light on what Wedge has been doing with the new, resurrected, "Rebel Alliance." ;)

Jedi Master Talon
3 February 2003, 10:17 AM
Those books look so amazing. Oh I can't wait for them to come out in the stores.

Dan Kyrinov
3 February 2003, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Nova Spice
Another interesting twist is that Han Solo is heading back into the Koornacht Cluster in Remnant. Perhaps the Yevetha have a part to play as well?

I read the Black Fleet Trilogy for the first time just last week. I think it's not the Yevetha, they're impossible. Han saw the significant illusionary powers of the Fallanassi while he was imprisoned: he spent time among hundred of illusionary prisoners and that one girl (already returned the books and can't look up her name) in the prison had him fooled the whole time. I think Han is gonna look for the Fallanassi.

Now, if only the authors would shed some light on what Wedge has been doing with the new, resurrected, "Rebel Alliance." ;)

That may get saved as a hanging plot hook for a while. If you're up against Ssi-Ruuk, looking into Koornacht, and exploring in search of Zonama Sekot, it may be tough to check on Wedge!

CaamasiJedi49
3 February 2003, 05:24 PM
I'm sorry Dan, but our force adept friends the Fallanassi fled the Cluster at the end of the Black Fleet trilogy. I think the Yeventha could be (and this is a BIG could) helpful since they are technological genius's and they have warriors willing to kill until completely incapacitated. Now that is a fanatic! Anyways, I agree with Nova Spice since it would make sense that the Galactic alliance would join the rest of the free forces to build up their forces for the final offensive against the Vong. Also, Nova Spice has never stirred us wrong, so I'm going to believe what Spice said. But, believe what you want.

Caamasi Jedi49

Dan Kyrinov
3 February 2003, 08:39 PM
I realized that the Fallanassi packed up just about ten seconds after I logged off. Thanks for keeping me honest. I still think I couldn't stand having the Yevetha as allies. Their murders and attacks were just too brutal, and maybe it's just because I read it recently, but I think the Yevetha have a more ingrained superiority complex than even the Vong.

wolverine
4 February 2003, 04:15 AM
Well, there is the natural enemity that SHOULD be there between them. One is a fanatical race abhoring the use of technology. THe other is a fanatical race that excells in the use and manufacturing of technology....

Kanner Ra'an
4 February 2003, 10:09 AM
Well, there is the natural enemity that SHOULD be there between them. One is a fanatical race abhoring the use of technology. THe other is a fanatical race that excells in the use and manufacturing of technology....

also i think it was Mara jade who said that the Vong would hate the
Ssi-Ruuk as well. Use living beings to power droids, pure blasphemy! The Ssi-Ruuk would be a prime target for anniahlation.

CaamasiJedi49
4 February 2003, 02:55 PM
That would make sense. They could convince the Ssi-Ruuk of the advantage of joining this alliance. But I doubt they will do much beyond just ensuring their own survival, knowing that they hate to die anywhere but on a planet they control. And dan, I did say it was a BIG could.

Caamasi Jedi49

Nova Spice
4 February 2003, 07:21 PM
Also, Nova Spice has never stirred us wrong, so I'm going to believe what Spice said. But, believe what you want.

Wow, thanks for the vote of confidence Caamasi! Glad to know someone out there believes me! :D :p

Anyway, I just picked up Remnant today and let's just say that things are really starting to point towards a possible alliance with both the Yevethan and Ssi-Ruuk. As I'm only one hundred and thirty pages in, I won't reveal any spoilers. ;)

Pel
13 February 2003, 09:11 PM
I don't agree that Han & Leia's mission is to actively involve the Ssi-ruuk or the Yevethans in the war. To do so would mean that the Galactic Alliance is really serious about exterminating the Vong; something that just doesn't jive with everyone's talk of a non-military option (at least in the beginning of the book) to end the conflict.
Oh well, we won't know for a while, so I'll just go Rage until the next book is published :p

Frobi-Wan Kenobi
13 February 2003, 09:26 PM
I'll be interested to see what you guys think after you finish the book in the Spoilers thread.

Jedi Master Talon
19 February 2003, 10:25 AM
I think the covers look amazing some time this week I'll be getting Remanat that looks great. Don't spoil it for me.

CaamasiJedi49
21 February 2003, 12:30 PM
Well Pel, if you read Remnant, the question about the Yeventha is answered. And also, you never know Pel. You and everyone here has to admit we never thought the Alliance and the Empire would every be at peace, let alone militarily allied with each other. So be a bit open-minded, because you never know.

Caamasi Jedi49

Celebelen Khelekluin
21 February 2003, 04:25 PM
WOW. Thanks for those links....could that be Jaina on the cover of Refugee? And look closely at Reunion...that's Jacen and Danni...isn't it?B)

Dan Kyrinov
25 February 2003, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by Celebelen Khelekluin
WOW. Thanks for those links....could that be Jaina on the cover of Refugee? And look closely at Reunion...that's Jacen and Danni...isn't it?B)

I have poor color vision, so I'm not sure who the character is on Refugee. If it's obvious to anyone else, help a brother out? Jacen and Danni on Reunion... that's an interesting idea, and once again, can't see to tell.