PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Online Journal #3 question

LawgSkrak
6 February 2003, 09:14 AM
Shouldn't it be out by now??

1 was Nov 15, 2 was Dec. 15. Shouldn't 3 have been Jan. 15

Where is it? You are killing me.

Also are you still doing Galaxy Wide News Nets? I am interested in writing them for you. But only if you have it on the Contents page listed as

Galaxy Wide News Nets
compiled by Sean N. Koury

Just like Holonet News is in the Insider.

Let me know

BRodgers
6 February 2003, 11:29 AM
Actually, it comes out whenever we get it done. There has never been a "Set" date for distribution.

That being said, the tentative date right now is March 1st. Recently the editors had a meeting and decided that a quarterly publication was more feasable than a monthly. This decision was based off of several factors and will make for a more complete and enjoyable publication in the long run.

As far as how your credits will be presented, you will get due credit for anything you create and submit...we don't post anything..be it articles, submissions or artwork without giving full credit to all parties involved.

Hope this clears things up.

Jedi_Shadow
25 February 2003, 08:27 AM
So we can look forward to another issue soon, right??:D

Just kidding. You guys do a great job. The Online Journal is one of the greatest ideas out there.

Jim Williams
25 February 2003, 09:11 AM
As a "victim" of scottyboy's plea for material, I can attest that one thing definitely (okay, probably) slowing down OJ publications is (drum roll please) SUBMISSIONS. Or lack thereof.

So send in...
Ships
Weapons
Characters of all kinds, especially with some background meat to them
Stories?
Adventures or story arcs, you know, like the little ones always on wizards
House rules
PrCs and Archetypes
Alien Species

And yes, Submit to the OJ even if it is already here too. there is a wider Star Wars community that may be in need of your material. Ardent's Warder PrC was both critiqued here on the holonet and sent to the OJ (but not formally Submitted here). I'd even go so far as to think of sending in an archetype version that I like over one archived here.

If they don't like it, they'll tell you. Or, if Submitting something here seems intimidating because of the format or whatever, send it to the OJ.

So send something that's a testament to your creative efforts. All of you GMs out there HAVE to have one NPC that's interesting, even if it is just because of its combat feats. You players...want to "immortalize" your PC? Send it in. Send something.

(click) Rant off. This message was meant to be inspiring, not offensive. Please deposit negative feelings in appropriate receptacle. Thank you.

scottyboy
25 February 2003, 01:26 PM
I've got to take the time to send a quick thank you out to Jim for that little bit there! So, "Thank you Jim!!!" No seriously, thank you very much to everyone who supports the OJ. We try very hard to give you guys the best d**n SW publication that we possibly can. But, as Jim stated, there's one thing that holds us back... SUBMISSIONS! Since the OJ is a submission based publication, we can't promise anything for you guys if we don't have enough material. There is nothing I would love more, than to be able to make this a monthly publication! I would love it, but the rest of the staff would probably kill me if I even suggested it!!! :D No really, please submit as much as you guys can think of. Anything SW based will at least be considered for placement in an issue. From a single character to a full campaign of adventures. And remember, the OJ isn't system specific either. You can submit D6, D20 or both! We have our own conversions staff that will take care of everything. Again, thank you to everyone who supports us, we're doing our best.

Reverend Strone
26 February 2003, 01:02 PM
Just a thought-

In the quest for content, how about approaching Armage and Moridin about a regualr section that could be entitled something like "From the SWRPGNetwork Archives"? Each issue this section could feature a few choice nuggets from the huge stash of stats and write-ups stored in the archives here.

I'm sure a huge number of the folks that visit this place are unaware of how much material there is just sitting in the archives, so it will help educate readers about that resource and it also helps fill out the magazine without people having to take the time to generate all new material. A good number of these entries are illustrted too! ;)

Armage Bedar
26 February 2003, 02:06 PM
...plus it might actually get me off my duff and converting old, D6-only entries ::grins::

Reverend Strone
26 February 2003, 03:20 PM
There you go! Another good reason. Thanks Armage!:D :D

BRodgers
27 February 2003, 11:11 AM
Excellent idea Rev !

And for those entries that don't have art it would provide an opportunity for the write up to get some visual representation.

I look forward to seeing more, keep those ideas coming!

:lando:

Armadious
27 February 2003, 04:49 PM
I donít know how feasible this is but along the lines of "From the SWRPGNetwork Archives" perhaps entries from old sites that are no longer operational?

Of course one would have to find the owners...

LawgSkrak
6 March 2003, 03:38 PM
I can't wait for Issue three to come out. I keep checking almost everyday, but is never there. :( I am so sad. :( :(

Jedi_Shadow
6 March 2003, 07:52 PM
I guarantee that some of the art this next issue is top notch. I should know...

LawgSkrak
8 March 2003, 09:05 AM
yeh but when do we get to see this great art :)

Jedi_Shadow
8 March 2003, 02:46 PM
That's a question on all our lips, LawgSkrak.

blemelisk
11 March 2003, 09:05 AM
i have a few things i might like to try and submit but how do i go about submitting them?.

scottyboy
11 March 2003, 09:13 AM
It's really easy! All you have to do is go HERE (http://starwars-rpg.net/journal/dev/entryform.php)!!! Just fill in all the appropriate fields and then click submit and you're done. If you need any further help, please feel free to either PM or e-mail me, I'm always willing to lend a hand.

Sherman Shipyards
24 March 2003, 01:01 AM
Is there an ETA for the next OJ? and has enough stuff been submitted for Issue #3?

BRodgers
24 March 2003, 04:35 AM
Well, to my knowledge all of the art and articles have been completed and submitted for issue #3. Hishman told me the web coding was done and I think Axe and Scott are working on getting the PDF coded...once thats done it should be rolled out.

Sherman Shipyards
24 March 2003, 01:46 PM
Thanks for the info. I look forward to seeing it.

Nafai
24 March 2003, 03:30 PM
Hishman?? Is there a Pokemon that's been added to the staff? ;)

scottyboy
24 March 2003, 04:03 PM
It's funny you should ask <b>Nafai</b>. Because we've actually added two, count them... TWO Pokemon to staff! We have <b>Hishman</b> who's special powers are to completely change his enemy into a web-enhanced free publication. AND... our newest member is..... (drum-roll please!)... <b>Dookiemon</b> we haven't quite figured out what he does yet... :D

LawgSkrak
1 April 2003, 09:36 AM
Online..Journal...withdrawals...getting...worse!

Jedi_Shadow
1 April 2003, 01:23 PM
Man... I hear ya'.

scottyboy
2 April 2003, 07:45 AM
Don't fret my friends... Soon... <b><i>very</i></b> soon...

BRodgers
2 April 2003, 08:03 AM
Scott's lyin'....

It's going to be another four weeks.

:D

scottyboy
2 April 2003, 08:17 AM
{ <b>Scott</b> turns and looks blankly at <b>Bob's</b> grinning face }

{ Then turns and looks at the ever-growing lynch mob slowly advancing in his direction }

{ Then looks BACK at <b>Bob's</b> still grinning face }

{ Then <b>Scott</b> turns................................ and run's for his life! }

No, really people, there were a few hangups in getting this issue together, but it WILL be here <b><i>very</i></b> soon! I promise!

BRodgers
2 April 2003, 08:20 AM

I have no doubts at all about that Scott...

Between what I've seen of the great content and of the excellent work the Swaggers have turned in this time around it is going to be a great issue.

When people wonder why it is taking this long, they just need to remember that you and Axe are doing your best to give them a great publication..and that takes time...but it will be worth it!!

LawgSkrak
2 April 2003, 12:47 PM
Today would be great!

hehe :)

Donovan Morningfire
2 April 2003, 03:31 PM
I don't know how much of the Online Journal fans I speak for when I say this, but I know I speak for at least myself when I say ...

I'd much rather have a long wait and get a great issue than have issues cranked out quick and be nastier than a twenty-ton pile of Rancor poo :D :D :D

evan hansen
4 April 2003, 12:13 PM
*chuckle* Well said, Donovan.

Keep you eyes peeled folks. It won't be long now. :)