PDA

View Full Version : Epic levels for SWRPG

Mustang_GT
10 February 2003, 05:09 AM
I was told earlier last year that an epic levels book would be published for SWRPG. Is this true? Can anyone confirm this?

~MustangGT

Rogue Janson
10 February 2003, 07:28 AM
I'm certain I've seen JD Wiker deny the likelihood of an epic levels book. Try searching back in the D20 forum and you might find it.

Ardent
10 February 2003, 10:25 PM
JD mentioned HE wouldn't be responsible for it, although he didn't specifically say that he could guarantee it would never be done.

I'm fence-sitting on the issue. I feel allowing NPCs to move up to level 25 might be good for the scale of power, but I don't think Star Wars will work out well with an epic-level system for general consumption.

Jedi_Staailis
11 February 2003, 05:45 AM
I happen to remember the name of the thread that Rogue Janson is referring to, and did a quick search. It can be found here (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?threadid=7641).

XavierDrgn
13 February 2003, 03:08 AM
Originally posted by Ardent
I'm fence-sitting on the issue. I feel allowing NPCs to move up to level 25 might be good for the scale of power, but I don't think Star Wars will work out well with an epic-level system for general consumption.

I gotta agree with Ardent on this one Mustang. while D&D Epic lvls can include the search for godhood, kingdom ruling or just general upper lvl monster bashing, SW has always been about the underdog getting over on the BBEGs. and while i myself would love to see a 30th lvl Palapatine(that guy could sell frozen ketchup to a Hothan native)it just doesnt sound right. now as for epic lvl Force skills and such...i think you could modify some of the D&D Epic stuff to your campaign.

The Force be with you
Xavier D'rgn:raised: