PDA

View Full Version : Surronian Conqueror deckplan

S.L.A.M.
12 February 2003, 12:34 PM
Here is my second deckplan (The first being the Trianii RX4).

It is the Surronian Conqueror, The ship that is flown by Guri of Black Sun which is called "Stinger".

Coming soon

Uulshos DPx yacht.

Chris Curtis
13 February 2003, 10:02 AM
Looks like some good work, SLAM.

One suggestion for you: don't work in the JPG format. Every time you save it, you lose a little data, which is why your image looks so pixelated. Instead, use a "lossless" format while you're still working on it: TIFF, PNG, etc. Once you're done working and want a version for display, you can save a copy as JPG or GIF.

S.L.A.M.
14 February 2003, 05:05 PM
Thanks for the advice Chris.

But I have about 3 other dckplans on the go and are saved in JPEG, but when I Save As I dont get an option to save it as a TIFF or PNG file.

One reason for the pixelated images is that my scanner is broken so instead of scanning an image to the right size and drawing a plan over it, I am having to stretch small images I have on file.

If anyone has a request for a deckplan please let me know
I only have a few rules

1. Thou will not do plans of decks that alredy exist, Such as plans by brother Frank of the Bonura order or brother Ben of the Flooding Paddock.

2. Thou will not do large decks at the moment, I am just starting so I am just doing plans up to about 40 meters.

3. Thou will have to make do with quickly drawn plans because of not having much spare time.

4. Thou hath only D6 books at the moment.

Currently on the Holonet are

Surronian Conqueror
Trianii RX4

Coming soon are

Uulshos DPx
Incom Explorer

coldskier0320
19 February 2003, 06:01 AM
I agree, it looks very good. Good work, S.L.A.M.:D And by the way, i loooove your sig!

FVBonura
8 March 2003, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by S.L.A.M.
1. Thou will not do plans of decks that already exist, Such as plans by brother Frank of the Bonura order or brother Ben of the Flooding Paddock.

S.L.A.M. if I may quote my own website: http://deckplans.00sf.com/howto.html (http://)

Find ALL the photographs and drawings of the ship you want to draw. This includes finding any deckplans of the ship that may already exist on the net. Someone may have done most the work for you already.

I wrote this for someone thinking of drawing a deckplan of a specific ship, and one already exists of it. I thought they should study the other ship to see if it can shed some light on their own project. I never said that a deckplan should not be done because one exists already. If that was so, I would have never developed the Ghtroc 720 nor would I be developing a new YT-1300 right now.
:vader:

Durian Keldrona
8 March 2003, 11:19 PM
Do you have stats for this ship?

blemelisk
10 March 2003, 08:49 PM
Great Job :D
i would like to see:
Naboo Royal Starship (Star Wars Ep 1)
Naboo Royal Cruiser (Star Wars Ep 2)
i dont think that either of these have been done yet... :)