PDA

View Full Version : Where was the Sith Empire?

Mad Tech
1 March 2003, 05:59 PM
What section of the galaxy was the Sith Empire located in? I can't seem to find where this is mentioned.

Mad Tech

Ardent
1 March 2003, 09:39 PM
Mention of its specific location is very vague, but I'm willing to bet it was out in the direction of Bpfassh and Dagobah. Just conjecture, though.

Rogue Janson
2 March 2003, 05:01 AM
Korriban and Yavin, both Sith strongholds are located in North East of the galaxy. But I seem to remember the explorers who first ran into the Sith empire were mapping one of the southerly trade routes at the time, so I'm not sure.

JudroBathens
3 March 2003, 08:49 AM
Good shot, Janson!

Heh heh... I've been waiting to use that one for a while.

Yeah, I had pretty much made the same assumption--northeast quadrant, out towards what would eventually become the Corporate Sector--based on the locations of Korriban and Yavin. I had the same question myself, pertaining to the location of a world in my campaign. The world in question had been one of many to be attacked by the Sith during the Great Hyperspace War.

It occurs to me that some kind of galactic historical atlas might be a cool game supplement--or even just a general-interest reference book, something like an Essential Guide To Galactic Astrocartography. Maybe include maps showing political boundaries and such during the various historical eras and conflicts--your Great Hyperspace War, your Sith War, your Clone Wars, your Galactic Civil War, your Yuuzhan Vong invasion, and so forth. If Star Trek can have its Star Charts, why not something similar for SW?

cartographer
3 March 2003, 06:44 PM
Just posted on the WOTC site that Ziost, which has also appeared on a map near Korriban & Yavin was a prison world in the Sith Empire.

I would love to see a Star Wars version of Star Charts. That book definately was one of many inspirations for my site.

Nova Spice
3 March 2003, 07:03 PM
I would love to see a Star Wars version of Star Charts. That book definately was one of many inspirations for my site.

Speaking of nav-comp cartographer, perhaps this Sith Empire question might make a nice addition to your site one day? I wouldn't mind seeing a detailed map of the Sith Empire, especially in the format you've been using on your website.

And as Ardent mentioned, there had to have been some sort of Sith presence near the Southwest quadrant of the galaxy as well. Bpfaash and Dagobah were both powerful dark side locations according to the EU and the films. Perhaps the Sith Empire encompassed large portions of the Outer Rim?

Sounds like a good project if you ask me.... :bothan:

Tramp
5 March 2003, 05:18 AM
From everything suggestted in the books, Bfassh and Dagobah weren't associated with the Sith (or Dark Siders in general) until around the time of the rise of the Empire. :kenobi:

Pel
5 March 2003, 04:12 PM
Quite true. And Yavin was only a fallback position for Exar Kun and company, once things started going badly for them. I agree with the NE quadrant idea, but tend to think the Sith controlled much of the Outer Rim and Wildspace at the height of their power. Maybe there's even a small Sith enclave left over in Wildspace, or perhaps the descendants of a Sith mission to conquer the Deep Core will emerge and make another bid to control the galaxy.

Through the Sith, all things are possible.

Hyberion
10 March 2003, 06:50 AM
actually, Yavin was also where Naga Sadow fled to after he was defeated at coruscant and returned to find that the republic had followed him and he was defeated again. a few thousand years later Exar Kun followed the leadings of Freedon Nadd who led him to Yavin where he found Sadows alchemy apperatus and ship, along with the remainder of the massassi race who had turned into a very primative society over the last few thousand years.

Hyberion