PDA

View Full Version : DesertWind

QWERTY
5 March 2003, 04:19 AM
I have just finished reading I jedi again and wondered if anyone new who this fella is, before anyone says thats his smell i now i was jusy wondering who he is

Qwerty

Codym
5 March 2003, 04:37 AM
I believe the character was meant to be Obi-Wan, before everyone found out he didn't come from Tatooine himself. Concidering the scene you are talking about also includes a Jedi fading, it's best just to accept this as one of those things that happen in these sorts of book/film relationships.

Ardent
5 March 2003, 09:10 AM
Desertwind is most certainly supposed to be Obi-Wan and while he was not Tatooine born-and-raised, he HAS spent some time there. Besides it's a much better name than Citystank.

Pel
5 March 2003, 06:48 PM
*LOL* :D :D :D :P

Ok, re-entering Sith mode...

:tarkin:

QWERTY
12 March 2003, 04:24 AM
ok Thanks people

Qwerty

Jedi Master Talon
18 March 2003, 10:54 AM
When I read that book I thought DesertWind was Obi-Wan but I could have been wrong about that. Though thats my guess on who it is because no other Jedi has been mentioned coming from a desert world or just plain desert then Obi-Wan.

Aaron B'Aviv
28 March 2003, 02:34 PM
I saw an argument somewhere or other online that argued that Desertwind is NOT Obi-Wan, contrary to everyone's first impressions upon reading I, Jedi . First of all, the idea that Obi-Wan smells like desert to someone with as sensitive a nose as a Caamasi clearly is is pretty silly. Secondly, Michael Stackpole's comments on the subject are to the effect that if Obi-wan's appearances in the movies preclude him being Desertwind, then he's not. Otherwise, it's possible that he is but not certain.

I think it's simpler to just say that Desertwind is just some unimportant human Jedi from a desert world.