PDA

View Full Version : Who do you wanna see duel in Ep.III?

Admiral_Atredies
8 March 2003, 09:36 AM
Hey, who do y'all think would be the coolest duel in Ep. III (other than Anakin and Obi-wan cause we allready know thats gonna happen). Here are some possibilities:

Palpitine and Yoda: What can I say besides WOW...
Mace and Palpitine: Another awsome battle and a way for Mace to die?
Dooku and Anakin: Maybe Palpitine instructs Anakin to "replace Dooku" like Luke in ROTJ.

Anything else you can think of is fine, and I'd like to hear them.

Celebelen Khelekluin
8 March 2003, 10:06 AM
I want to see Palpitine kick some. Seeing him whip out a lightsaber and start with the ass kicking....he needs to show WHY he's able to control people like Vader. And anyway, seeing his official stat block for him in RoTJ with a lightsaber is just great. I wanna see him USE it.
:rguard: :emperor: :rguard:

Jim Williams
8 March 2003, 10:56 AM
Obi-Wan and Anakin Skywalker, of course.

Mace vs. anyone would be great. I don't care if a Sith padawan learner accidentally stabs him in the throat with a butter knife...the dude has to fight someone in melee combat this time!!!

Anakin vs. Mace (the traitor :? )

Mace vs. Dooku. Source material says Mace has only been defeated by two people, Dooku and Yoda. I'd like to see it.

Mace vs. Jar-Jar (oh please)

Wait, how many can we list?

Reverend Strone
8 March 2003, 11:17 AM
I tend to doubt we'll see Palpatine take it to anyone (that just doesn't seem to be his style), but I'll put money on us getting treated to some more Tyranus action. Mace is a shoe in for some whoopin' I would think, which should keep us all very happy. I'm hoping we'll get to see most of the Jedi Council in some form of action (gallant last stands perhaps?), though whether they perish in stand-up fights or by some other means will be interesting to see.

dgswensen
8 March 2003, 11:23 AM
I want to see Anakin as Darth Vader duel Plo Koon, Mace Windu, Kit Fisto and Barriss Offee at the same time, in some dark and smoky environment a la the carbon freezing chamber in ESB.

Hey, you didn't ask what would be likely to appear in the movie... just what I'd want to see....

Admiral_Atredies
8 March 2003, 03:17 PM
There's no limits, really. I just started this as a way for us all to say "hey, this would be SO awsome...", even though none of it'll probably happen.

Although, I have to admit, Palpy and Yoda would be a fight to see indeed! To me each represents the dark and light sight incarnate, the very representations of ultimate good and evil. And I think we didn't even scratch the surface on Yoda's powers in Ep. II. Will this ever happen? No. Is it cool to hopelessly think about? Yes.

:yoda: +:emperor:

Crin Daroota
8 March 2003, 04:17 PM
I wanna see Kit Fisto, Shaak Ti and Eeth Koth take on Anakin in an all-out alien vs. human battle! Those have to be the coolest aliens in SW films since ROTJ.

Jedi Cahlwyn
8 March 2003, 08:16 PM
I definately want a Palpatine vs. Yoda situation. Whether it is Force powers or lightsabers. I want to see it.

I'm VERY eager to see the rumored Obi-Wan vs. Anakin duel... I think that will be the best ever. Obi-Wan will kick his arse!

I would like to see, fairly early on, Anakin vs. Tyranus (like someone said early that it would be like Vader vs. Luke to see who is Palpatine's new apprentice).

I think that we will have several very good duels. I hope it isn't glossed over or ignored... please George do a great job on this one! (even though I LOVE Ep 1 and 2... I want 3 to be the best of all six)

Ardent
9 March 2003, 12:51 AM
I find this question best answered with: more swordplay, more better, more popcorn, more butter! (more bathroom)

I'll take whatever I can get, and if it's a lot, I'll like it more. ;)

Needles
10 March 2003, 05:44 AM
Vader vs. Windu, while Dooku and Obi wan go at it at the same time, then of course Obi-wan and vader would move on up the bracket to the finals...

Jericho_Narcas
11 March 2003, 03:46 AM
I wanna see some more Vader action myself. :D

Darth GM1983
13 March 2003, 08:20 PM
Yeah I think Mace vs. Dooku would be a safe bet since Sam Jackson already said something about it.

But I have to agree with most of you, Palpatine vs. Yoda would rawk. Then again maybe seeing the Jedi Council vs. Vader would be the iceing on the cake :D

Darth Fury
13 March 2003, 09:08 PM
Anikin VS. Plo Koon

Codym
14 March 2003, 04:14 AM
It would be cool to see Anakin and Yoda cut loose on each other. Unlikely (impossible even,) but it be cool to have the most experienced go against the raw talent.

ElfWord
14 March 2003, 06:46 AM
I really want to see some cool duel moves between whoever duels. What I want to see most is a returning saber throw.

Also I want to see some better locations for a duel, that would be great.

As to who..

Anakin vs. Palpatine ("Give into your hate young Skywalker. Join me, and together we will rule the galaxy.")

Other than that, I think it would be cool to see some early versions of Emperor's hands fighting some of the Jedi. Maybe three of them vs Jedi Knights, with everyone switiching who their dueling with and using force powers.

Admiral_Atredies
14 March 2003, 01:26 PM
Other than that, I think it would be cool to see some early versions of Emperor's hands fighting some of the Jedi. Maybe three of them vs Jedi Knights, with everyone switiching who their dueling with and using force powers.

You read my mind! I thought that it would be pretty cool to have the Emporers hands and Vader (if he exists at the end of the movie) going through the temple slaughtering the Jedi left and right. Unhonorable,yes, but dramatic.