PDA

View Full Version : What would YOU like to see in the Online Journal

BRodgers
13 March 2003, 05:42 AM
Hey All.

Just wanting to get some feedback here so we can make sure your favorite fan publication is heading in the right direction.

So! Vote, and also leave your thoughts, we would love to hear em'.

Remember, only through your feedback and input will the Online Journal grow and prosper.

Thanks!

ij thompson
13 March 2003, 08:55 AM
Are you going to make Fiction an option? I don't know about everybody else, but humour/entertainment makes me think of other things.

Just a thought! :)

BRodgers
13 March 2003, 10:08 AM
Oh stop that....

;)

evan hansen
13 March 2003, 10:29 AM
Hey folks --

I just wanted to add a quick note to the Baron's request...

If you can, please take the time to vote in this poll. The Online Journal has returned with a vengence -- as evidenced by us using so much bandwidth that we got kicked off our last host's servers -- providing us all with an amazing source of fan-based material and filling voids that many of us thought would forever remain unfilled after the departure of the Adventure Journal and, later, Gamer.

But as with all things at starwars-rpg.net, it doesn't work so well without the community. Take the opportunity Bob is providing you and run with it. Tell these dedicated, hard-working folks what you want, and they're going to make it happen -- and that's good news for everyone.

farr0095
13 March 2003, 11:36 AM
The journal is just awesome. Everything that comes with it is great. Sometimes I don't feel the great need to use/read some articles, but I'll likely get around to them eventually. What I do like, although I don't have enough opportunity to really use some that I've seen, I love adventures. That really helps me at least come up with ideas, if not just a way to run something on the fly. I'm trying to help with that idea, by working on some to submit. Still, those are a great addition, in my mind.

Nova Spice
13 March 2003, 07:28 PM
Agreed, more of everything would be great! I think that original fiction would be a great plus. I am a part-time fanfic writer myself, so naturally I find that type of thing entertaining.

Otherwise, the only thing I want is more OJ! And I mean the juice; I've become a bit parched! :D :P

Donovan Morningfire
14 March 2003, 03:19 AM
Since "fiction" wasn't on the list per se, I had to go with art. Reading stats/descriptive stuff is all well and good, but a good picture goes a long way.

But the one thing I'd love to see is more fiction. I know there's folks out there with stories to tell, folks like Nova Spice, Terras Jadenor, 'Ris, and dragonseye.

I know I kinda had the distinction of having a the first piece of a fan-fic in the first issue of the reborn Journal, but I for one always like to read other people's stuff.

Prometheus
14 March 2003, 10:47 AM
can anyone submit a fan fic? and if so where to we send it or post it?

BRodgers
14 March 2003, 10:55 AM
Anyone can submit Anything ...

Now of course, there are guidelines and all that.

You can find all of the info Here (http://starwars-rpg.net/journal/dev/entryform.php) .

For all intents and purposes, everyone can just assume fiction falls under humor/entertainment option (at least thats how we will interpret the results).

Thanks!

And Keep those votes a comin'!!!!!!!!

Darklighter
14 March 2003, 11:58 AM
And I just wanted to let the folks know, Bob, that we are by no means limited to one fan-fic per issue. To date, though, we've only received enough to do it this way - one per. We'd love to have another one in there (and maybe more, who knows?), but we need your stories to do it. So send them in!

OK, shameless plug for fan-fic concluded. :D

Trandoshan Jedi
20 March 2003, 05:21 PM
I don't care what ya'll do, Just as long as you keep the journal out there and make new ones too! I LOVE THEM!!!!!:) :D :lukejedi: