PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Ep3 book?

XavierDrgn
17 March 2003, 03:30 PM
( Disclaimer: hopefully this thread belongs here. if not please move to according forum. )

I really love the books that come out between the Eps. like CoD or AS. Does anyone know when they usually come out? as in how long before the movie does the pre-book come out? is it a year? or months?

i just started collecting the pre-novels and they were already out when i went to get them. stupid me!

The Force be with you
Xavier D'rgn:raised:

Frobi-Wan Kenobi
17 March 2003, 04:25 PM
There is an entire novel series planned over the next 2 years that focuses on the Clone Wars. The first book will be Mace Windu - Shatterpoint due out in a 2.5 to 3 months I think.

Codym
18 March 2003, 02:39 AM
Here's a list of the confirmed Clone War novels coming out between now and Ep3:

Shatterpoint by Matthew Stover (June 2003)
Escape from Dagu by William Deitz (March 2004)
The Cestus Deception by Steven Barnes (June 2004)
Untitled Paperback 1 by Steve Perry and Michael Reaves (July 2004)
Untitled Paperback 2 by Steve Perry and Michael Reaves (October 2004)
Jedi Trial by David Sherman and Dan Cragg (November 2004)

There should also be a prequel Thrawn novel coming out somewhere in there, penned by none other than EU God Tim Zahn. The prequel "bridge" novels have been pretty good so far (Shadow Hunter being the only one I haven't liked,) and there are some good authors in the list, including the most welcome return of Steve Perry. Hopefully this will keep you well entertained over the next couple of years.
:D

XavierDrgn
19 March 2003, 06:11 AM
Thank you Masters for your continued assistance. a humble(and misinformed) Padawan such as myself needs all the lessons he can get. ill definately get to the bookstore sooner with such knowledge.

May the Force be with you
Xavier D'rgn:raised: