PDA

View Full Version : What's your fav NJO book?

Jedi Master Talon
20 March 2003, 10:38 AM
What is your favorite book written for the NJO right now.

Darth_Cassed
20 March 2003, 11:06 AM
ahhhh so many options

In fact my favorite is Vector Prime, I just like the way the whole thing started. Yes there are other good books, but there are so many key things happening in Vector Prime. Makes the New Republic look very imperial.

Nova Spice
20 March 2003, 03:01 PM
Placed my vote for Enemy Lines I: Rebel Dream. I think that this book has to be my favorite, as finally the shattered New Republic defiantly takes a stand against the Yuuzhan Vong under the leadership of my favorite character, Wedge Antilles. B)

Besides, what better gets the John Williams soundtrack kicking in your mind as you read, than the formation of a new Rebel Alliance. :D

Vreel Kudarin
23 March 2003, 09:17 AM
Star by Star is my favourite, and I think my favourite Star Wars novel overall as well. I loved it because of it's epic nature, the vast scope of the invasion of Coruscant. The Empire Strikes Back is my favourite film, in a large part due to the drama of the heroes getting trounced by the bad guys, and this is precisely what happened in Star by Star, and why I enjoyed it so much. After seeing Coruscant realised in Episode I, the scenes of flaming projectiles and hideous invasion craft raining from the skies brought something completely new to the Expanded Universe.

Jedi Master Talon
24 March 2003, 10:29 AM
I loved Conquest it was so amazing when I first read it Anikan nwas cool. Ecspecially with his lightsaber :sabersml:

Jim Williams
24 March 2003, 11:44 AM
I liked Traitor for the character development and cool scenes. While I don't like the "no dark side", the story was compelling.

Ganner was awesome. Jacen and Ganner was better. Vergere's entire relationship with Jacen was well-written and followed smoothly with her death in Destiny's Way.

But the best parts were Jacen and his dealings with the Vong. I mean, just when you thought it was bad enough to face a dark-sider with six lightsabers protruding from his joints, here comes Jacen with dozens of amphistaffs coiled about him AND he's controlling those belonging to his enemies!!! Sweet!

And the best scene by far was flipping the YV into the wild amphistaff grove.

Kanner Ra'an
24 March 2003, 06:06 PM
Destinys Way. The huge battle at the end was awsome, and i though the writing was generally good, though i didnt like the fact that the author used corillian gunships and MC-80s instead of Ranger gunships and Mediator class battlecruisers. Star by Star comes next

ElfWord
25 March 2003, 09:47 AM
I voted for the 1st Force Heretic because I like the development it gives to Pellaeon and Jacen. It also brings into focus the big picture of the galaxy at large.

Jedi Master Talon
25 March 2003, 10:05 AM
Your right Jim what they did with Traitor was ingenious. It was really cool how they had Ganner get killed it showed he was more down to earth.

Vreel Kudarin
25 March 2003, 10:32 AM
It's interesting to see people going for Traitor. As I understand it a lot of people really hate Traitor. I very much enjoyed Traitor's hints at how NJO will be resolved, it was interesting in how different it was to other novels, and it was well-written. However, I couldn't get away from how 'un-Star Wars' the whole pathos was, mainly due to the heavy questioning of the nature of the Force, and the near-complete immersion in hideous-Gieger-like-alien-inavders-ness 8o

Kanner Ra'an
25 March 2003, 12:27 PM
Though i didn't vote for it i also liked traitor. The fact that it did question the very nature of the force and the fact that it was the first book to shake things up a little since Vector prime is what apeals to me.

Trandoshan Jedi
16 April 2003, 07:48 AM
Star by Star by far outclasses any of the other books

Lucas Carr
21 April 2003, 06:19 PM
I've only read the three first of these. And I don't recall which one it was, or if it was both, but it is most definitely Dark Tide.

wolverine
22 April 2003, 03:08 AM
Dark ride, ruin.

It was one of the first times, we get to see the Vong for all their nastyness. And that battle between Shedo shai and Corran horn was majorlly cool!

Jedicrono
24 April 2003, 06:03 PM
It's incredible how much Traitor stands out from the rest of the series. There are other, more impacting books, Vector Prime, Star By Star, but Traitor was a mature read that starts the NJO towards it's amazing conclusion. It made me care about Jacen Solo for the first time ever. Then he had to be so differently written in Destiny's Way. That book really bothered me because of it. :(

Kanner Ra'an
24 April 2003, 06:49 PM
It made me care about Jacen Solo for the first time ever. Then he had to be so differently written in Destiny's Way. That book really bothered me because of it.

Ya that was a dissapointment. The other authors seem to work against each other. Their is a very general concensious on whos doing what were but otherwise they dont seem to be able to coordinate character development or emphisis very well. Personally i would like to see Jacen start showing his uniqueness. He went from being an Uber Jedi in Trator to just one of the guys in destinys way.