PDA

View Full Version : Trade Federation

Jess
21 March 2003, 08:20 PM
I knew I had another question but could not think of it the first time I posted, but it came to me
~a light pops up over the typists head~
What happened to the trade federation, after the first three movies?
We saw them in the first two, but are they around later in the episodes, SW,ESB,RotJ???

Late night discussions make the mind wander all over with questions,hehehehehehehe

ty all who respond...

Deck
22 March 2003, 01:36 AM
Look <a href="http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8952&highlight=trade+federation"><b>here</b></a> to get some first impressions, although this thread asks for the Trade Federation after Episode II. :)

XavierDrgn
22 March 2003, 07:08 AM
i would say that whatever happened to them may not have been so important to put it in the OrT. course we all know the reason being that GL hadnt dreamt them up yet. and maybe thats why the OrT isnt out on DVD yet cuz hes waiting to add some goodies from the Pre-T to the OrT. (OrT=original trilogy/Pre-T=prequels)

in the end it awaits to be seen the outcome of nute gingrich....err gunray and his federation.

(ps. shouldnt this thread be in Old Republic forum? not D6 discussion?)

May the Force be with you
Xavier D'rgn:raised:

Darth_Cassed
22 March 2003, 07:12 AM
Trade Federation may have given wake to the Corporate Sector? Or maybe the formed into another corporate group?

Grimace
22 March 2003, 09:04 AM
(ps. shouldnt this thread be in Old Republic forum? not D6 discussion?)

It probably should be....I'll move it there.

Crin Daroota
23 March 2003, 07:50 AM
Though of course we probably won't know until Ep III, Return of the Merchandiser, I would assume that any large group (such as the Trade Federation) that's run by aliens would be destroyed overtly or subtly by Palpatine. We all know how he feels about non-humans having power, now, don't we?

This is just my guess. With GL, lately, anything goes. C'mon, battle droids? Those things had as much accuracy as Threepio. Who would really have paid money for those things? :D At least the Super ones in Ep 2 could do something.

Anyways I'd assume the Trade Federation is gone and dead by A New Hope.

Rogue Janson
23 March 2003, 08:29 AM
As part of the losing side in the clone wars, I'd assume the Trade Federation is dismantled, thus handily removing another potential opponent to Palpatine's plans.

XavierDrgn
25 March 2003, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Rogue Janson
As part of the losing side in the clone wars, I'd assume the Trade Federation is dismantled, thus handily removing another potential opponent to Palpatine's plans.

i agree with your comments. reading CoD, its clear that whatever happens in Ep 3 Palpy isnt going to be keeping the TF around. just pawns to the fire, sorta. that and with the Techno union forces being stronger, TF's probably dont stand a chance against the Clones. just my .02 credits worth

The Force be with you

Ronen Tal-Ravis
7 April 2003, 03:39 AM
I assume either they are destroyed in Ep III or they are consumed by the Empire. After all those groups would pose a threat to the Empire as well as they were able to challenge the Republic.

Darth_Cassed
7 April 2003, 03:48 AM
.02 cents worth? Isn't that $.0002?

In any case, I'd assume the Trade Federation will be no more. The Empire relies on non-humans (don't give me Thrawn) and, for the most part, manned vehicles, not droids.

Hyperspace Marauder
9 April 2003, 11:00 PM
In the beginning of the D20 Rebellion era sourcebook (I think), there is a speech from Palpatine addressing that the Senate is corrupt. He states that there needs to be a single unifying vision to guide the galaxy into the New Order. He names Humans to be the sole source of that vision. The crowd goes wild.

I have to agree that the Trade Federation, along with other confederacy participants, suffer the penalties of losing a Civil War. Their leaders are probably arrested (executed) and their assests are absorbed by the government (Imperial Arms).

Just a thought,
Hyperspace marauder