PDA

View Full Version : New Update

BRodgers
22 March 2003, 09:39 PM
Got a slew of new stuff up tonight kids!

Head on over and check out what happens when you pit your favorite Raptor Squad personality against some of Sci-Fi's toughest customers in Darned Near Epic Duels!

This month?

Khara Doone vs Faye Valentine from "Cowboy Bebop"!!

Then if you have a block of time to kill..check out the two new pieces of fiction we have up... complete with new artwork from yours truly and SWAG Artist Tracy "Elfgirl" Hart!

And of course, as always, we Love to hear your thoughts and feedback!

Thanks!!

Boca Jantho
24 March 2003, 10:12 AM
I wanted to take a moment and congatulate Bob and Tracy on another fine update. In addition to the new items Bob has mentioned we also have the next installment of the Raptor Squad Casting Couch featuring the Imperial players from our game.

The fiction features some fine pieces of art as well. Be sure to check out episode 9 " the Askala contract" written by Bob . It also features a cover piece paying homage to some pulp covers of early sci-fi. Very cool stuff.

As always we are trying to make our site not only beneficial to the gaming community, but entertaining as well.

Look for works from our other players in updates to come.
As always, thanks for visiting and we appreciate your continued interest.

Thanks

Tony Garrett

Chris Curtis
24 March 2003, 07:51 PM
I admit that I haven't had a chance to check out all the new content, but the Khara Doone vs Faye Valentine piece was really good.

Now, to be fair, I think Faye got shortchanged a bit, but that's probably just because I happen to really like Cowboy Bebop. I'm certainly looking forward to future installments of "Darned Near Epic Duels", though. Can't wait to see what comes up next!

BRodgers
24 March 2003, 08:07 PM
Heh..thanks Chris!

You would actually be surprised as to how close that one really came. If not for a few small factors it was actually going to go in Faye's favor. In fact, if the location had been different or the elements, that may have made all of the difference.

That is one of the things we are focusing on in the Duels feature..ANYONE can win...We figured it would be more fun if the possiblity existed that any Raptor could bite it...

For the record, we actually had a great time coming up with this one...the discussion was amongst several of our players and GM and included random chance in some situations along with maps and a discussion that actually involved the kind of desk chair involved.

In all, it was really fun and we are looking forward to presenting more as time goes on.

And of course if anyone has any suggestions for future bouts, we would love to hear em!

Thanks!

:lando:

Darklighter
28 March 2003, 03:19 PM
To the Raptor Squad crew, I just wanted to say that I really enjoyed all of your updates. Took me awhile to get through it all! It was great. Bob and Tracy, your stories and art were excellent (loved the poster on Ep. 9). Guys, I definitely found it entertaining. Thank you. :)

BRodgers
31 March 2003, 10:07 AM
Heya Darklighter ,

Thanks for your kind words! We had a great time getting this update together..hopefully, if everything works out, we'll be able to serve up a monthly update for the rest of the year.

Glad you enjoyed it!

:lando: