PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Republic comics, help needed!

Korpil
26 March 2003, 07:45 PM
Hello all!

I went today to my nearest comic shop only to find that they had run out of SW: Republic #50 :( they had a lot last Friday!!!! anyway...)

My campaign involves Kamino and the clones just in that time period so while I find that issue, could somebody post a brief summary of what happened on that issue? I'm looking for information about what happened to the clone production lines.

Thanks a lot!

Faraer
27 March 2003, 05:53 AM
SPOILERS FOR REPUBLIC #50, NATURELLEMENT:

Quoted from Nathan Butler's Star Wars Timeline Gold (http://www.starwarz.com/timeline):

On Kamino, Anakin Skywalker has a vision of he and Obi-Wan Kenobi flying in Jedi Starfighters during the forthcoming Battle of Kamino, where he witnesses Obi-Wan being shot down. He tells his master of the vision, but Obi-Wan warns him to concentrate on the present. Obi-Wan then briefs the assembled Jedi on what is to come. Thanks to Quinlan Vos, the Jedi know that the Separatists are about to strike at the Kaminoan cloning facilities. Master Oppo Rancisis has devised a strategy for defeating them. Several other Jedi are present, including Aayla Secura, Tsui Choi, and others. After the meeting, Obi-Wan and Quinlan (talking via comm) discuss Obi-Wan's difficulties in relating to Anakin, while Anakin and Aayla discuss Anakin's own frustrations. Soon, the battle begins, and Anakin flies with them, despite Obi-Wan's earlier reservations. During the battle , Jedi Master Kossex is killed and Obi-Wan is indeed shot down. When Anakin comes to aid him, his ship is caught by a sea creature. The two are left stranded until a Kaminoan comes to their aid. The fleet has arrived, and the battle continues . . .

Inside the Kamino cloning facility, Jedi Master Shaak Ti and Lama Su keep track of the battle. They know that they must get the children (the second generation of clones) to safety and hopefully also save the third generation, which are still in cloning tanks. To do this, they will be aided by a special experimental group of clonetroopers known as Advanced Recon Clone Troopers, or "ARC Troopers," who retain more of the independence and attitude of Jango Fett. The troopers and Shaak Ti save the children, then, with the arrival of Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker after their ordeal on the sea, head for the third generation facility to destroy it and keep it out of Separatist hands. Instead, the Jedi combine forces to protect the area, allowing this part of Jango's legacy to live.

The Corporate Alliance has hired famed Mon Calamari commander Merai to lead the attack during the Battle of Kamino. While in battle, he takes an underwater craft to knock out the cloning facility's only hope of power-an underwater power station. Upon arrival, though, he finds that they have been deceived. There is no power station below the city. As he attempts to escape, he is forced to self destruct his ship in the midst of Jedi Starfighter hyperspace rings. The other enemy vessels flee. The Battle of Kamino has been won, but why would Merai have planned such a poor attack strategy? As the Jedi ponder this, the mastermind behind the attack, the Dark Lords of the Sith, confer. The slight advantage that the Separatists had gained has been dealt with. Now both sides are nearly equal again, ensuring that the Clone War will not end soon . . .

Korpil
27 March 2003, 07:34 AM
Thanks a lot Faraer!!!!!