PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Best Jedi

Adesh Gundeep
6 April 2003, 04:21 AM
Just Thought I'd Try one:D

Iain Kysler, Jedi Apprentice
6 April 2003, 04:34 AM
Anakin Solo.

1) Who was the first to return to the Jedi Academy, and held off the Peace Brigade long enough for the other students to escape to the relative safety of the caves? Anakin.

2) Who saved Mara Jade Skywalker from the Vong despite her illness and its effects on her? And killed a cadre of YV warriors in the process? Anakin. And on the first day of this little chase, who saved the Danteri from being YV torture objects? Anakin.

3) Who managed to reactivate Centerpoint Station when hundreds or thousands of techs, and Corellian techs at that, couldn't bring it back on-line? Anakin.

4) Who LED the mission to Myrkyr and died ensuring that the Vong couldn't come up with any more Voxyn DNA samples? Anakin!

5) Who is just all-around cool, in my opinion? Anakin!

Solo, not Skywalker.

Crin Daroota
6 April 2003, 04:35 AM
From the poll choices, I just had to go with Mara. She always saw things more clearly than Luke (after that whole YOU MUST KILL LUKE SKYWALKER trouble ended). I haven't read any NJO, but what I read of Mara makes her a dang good Jedi in my eye. :)

Codym
6 April 2003, 05:31 AM
Once again, the best Jedi is left off the list. What to you guys have against him?

Jim Williams
6 April 2003, 07:54 AM
But this has already been covered and responded to 46 times...

http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10694

Darth_Cassed
6 April 2003, 09:33 AM
Yea, it has, but o well. I like Corran Horn. Very resourceful Jedi....

Lucas Carr
6 April 2003, 09:43 AM
That depends on the definition of "the best."

So I could say Yoda, Windu, Obi-Wan, at least, depending on the definition.

Brishti Kildruun
7 April 2003, 06:40 AM
I don't know about the best, but I kind of like the sounds of Mara Jade. I mean, come on, the whole disguise thing was pretty darn good. so, I voted Mara as an all around really cool Jedi.
personally I think that Jedi Master Iain Kysler's a pretty cool, expensive glow rod(Lightsaber) bearer! ;)

Ardent
7 April 2003, 03:45 PM
I stopped responding to these threads because nobody gives the love for Qui-Gon. :(

Adesh Gundeep
7 April 2003, 04:42 PM
I completely spaced him out, for some reason! I'm deeply sorry!

*Adesh hits her head with the palm of her hand and shakes her head at her own stupidity, then slowly drags herself out the door, arms hanging as low as is physically possible, back hunched over, head leaning back.* :o

Jedi Cahlwyn
7 April 2003, 04:51 PM
Yeah, my vote would have been for Qui-Gon Jinn or Jacen Solo.

Out of the choices above, I went with Obi-Wan Kenobi. Old Ben does his best to hold up peace and justice without allowing his feelings to get in the way. Yes... he messes up sometimes, but his heart is in the right place. He is powerful with both the Force and lightsaber, and is also a skilled diplomat. A well-rounded Jedi in my opinion.

Normally I would pick Yoda, but isn't he in his own league? :D

Darth Fury
7 April 2003, 05:19 PM
I don't think so. It may be done to death but yoda is the end all be all of Jedi. I mean after 900+yrs of meditation and reflection on your relationship with the force and to still realize that what you have learned is just a scratch of the surface. That is the kind of wisdom and knowledge of self that makes a Jedi great.

Everybody spouts off about how great Qui-Gon was but for all his live in the now be mindful of the living force and the present, and let the future take care of itself sure didn't give him a heads up to dodge Darth Maul's lightsaber!!

Reverend Strone
7 April 2003, 05:22 PM
Yoda all the way. I mean, the guy embodies (albeit diminuitively) all the great aspects of a true jedi.

He is patient, wise, compassionate, farseeing, true of heart and brave, and when it comes to it, though he seems reticent to resort to the use of violence, he can crack open a serious can of whoop-ass on anybody.

No competition in my mind.

Nova Spice
7 April 2003, 07:11 PM
As far as "best", it really depends on how you define "best."

-If you mean the embodiment of all that is Jedi, then as the good Reverend stated, Yoda wins hands down.

-If you mean in raw Force power, I think Anakin Skywalker takes that title.

-If you mean the "best" as in, the Will of the Force, Luke Skywalker is the champion in that arena.

Personally I think Luke Skywalker is the "best" as he single handedly redeemed the "Most Gifted Jedi ever, turned Most Deadly Sith Lord ever" and rebuilt the Jedi Order from scratch. In the NJO, Luke's wisdom and calm are rivaled only by Master Yoda and Master Windu.

Luke Skywalker, the Master of the New Jedi Order. ;) :lukejedi:

Crin Daroota
7 April 2003, 10:08 PM
For the most part, I give Qui-Gon high marks. Still, he was responsible for keeping Jar-Jar around for a whole movie's worth of "meesa gonna annoy you now, okey-day?" And that is simply unforgiveable :D

Dr_Worm
8 April 2003, 03:09 PM
Personally I think Jar Jar was the best Jedi ever, but since he is not on the list I went for Horn. He is about the only reason I read NJO books, though I still have not read I, Jedi.

Darth Fury
8 April 2003, 03:54 PM
"I Jedi" is one of Stackpoles best works to date IMO. If you liked the Rogue squadron series you will definitely like "I Jedi".

Dark72Jedi
9 April 2003, 11:21 AM
I have to go with Yoda. He survived the fall of the jedi and lived when the jedi were still strong. Not only that but in the movies you see that he is one of the jedi that has not become complacent...even Mace Windu thought that Dooku couldn't possibly be behind the stuff that happened in AotC.

Trandoshan Jedi
16 April 2003, 08:18 AM
I think Jaina Solo is the best jedi ever, but since she's not up there I'll go with Aayla Sercura...wait she isn''t there either?! Fine i'll go with Yoda!