PDA

View Full Version : New Story (just an excerpt)

Rouge8
7 April 2003, 06:19 PM
Space: a featureless void with more tricks to spring than a Hutt. Freedom, hope, loss, and sorrow are not space itself but mere effects of something greater. Space creates and destroys. It is not one single thing, but instead many parts creating something different. Drifting…

Colonel Gavin Terrek awoke to the low rumble of starship engines. He blinked twice when the realization hit him that he was not in his TIE Defender. The intensity of the overhead lights could only mean one thing: he was onboard an Imperial Mark II Star Destroyer.

“Midnight Squadron, this is Midnight One. We have contacts launching from the ImpStar Deuce. Two, you’re my wing. Three, Four, you will engage any incoming TIE Fighters. Two and I will pick up your scraps. We may not be able to defeat them, so prepare a hyperspace velocity to get us out of here safely. Any Questions?” “Leader, this is Three. I’ve picked up half of a wing. And, to make it worse, these aren’t fighters, these are interceptors.” Gavin swore under his breath. It looks like we’ve found part of Zaarin’s fleet. This is not good. “Midnights, we’ve found Zaarin’s fleet. Prepare for more advanced fighters in reserve. We can take three squadrons. Begin your assault.”

Note: italic text is either thought, but now mostly recalling what happened.

RevengeOssus87
30 April 2003, 04:27 AM
sweet

farr0095
30 April 2003, 04:29 AM
Boy, that was hardly enough to constititue a teaser! Mmm... leaves me wanting more. :-D

Dalla Madine
30 April 2003, 12:48 PM
Sounds good but it also leaves me wanting more of the story!

-Dalla Madine- :daala:

Rouge8
30 April 2003, 06:19 PM
Anoyone know any of the names of Zaarin's crew?
I need them to continue.
I thought of this in the car, at 11:00 pm, on the way home from Florida.
I wrote it down on a notepad.