PDA

View Full Version : Boba Fett a clone???

Crymoon
11 April 2003, 12:16 AM
Ok. let's start....

Boba Fett according to Episode II is a clode of Jango. So it is his true name or not?

Acoording to Bounty Hunters tales... it ain't and he has been a stormtrooper for some time...

Drat I don't know what to make of it.. So how is it really.. what is his biography?

Wade Trenor
11 April 2003, 03:20 AM
Boba Fett's early history has (and still is) been covered in the novels and comics. He appeared in the Zam Wessel and Jango Fett one-shot comics, which showed his youth (albeit briefly), and then he appeared as Jango's clone in Episode II. He has three novels written about him set during the Clones Wars published to date, with a fourth coming in October. They describe how he gets off Geonosis, and why he becomes a bounty hunter. I'm not sure how the Stormtrooper or Journeyman Protector aspects come into it though.

There was also a comic book series called Jango Fett: Open Seasons which describes part of Jango's past. Jango was orphaned in a battle between two rival Mandalorian mercenary groups, and was raised by the leader of the 'good' mercenaries - Jaster Mereel. This could therefore explain why Boba Fett uses this name as an alias.

Korpil
11 April 2003, 03:49 AM
Just remember that everything explained now on the prequels overrides whatever we were told by other authors.

Boba Fett is a clone of Jango. Not anymore the Journeyman Jaster Mereel as told in "Tales of the Bounty Hunters"

C-3PO was built by Anakin Skywalker, no longer a faulty droid on a production line as told on the same book...

Even further, on the novelization I believe of Star Wars A New Hope, they tell us that Obi-Wan and Owen Lars are brothers! Which obviously is not the case as told on Episode II.

Remember EVERYTHING that an author other than George Lucas publishes about Star Wars can be changed without notice by the man himself!

Crymoon
11 April 2003, 03:53 AM
thanx for help guys appreciate it...;)

Korpil
11 April 2003, 03:54 AM
BTW check on the official homepage, they explain this discrepancies at least for Boba Fett saying that since he is a loner who doesn't talk much and his life is surrounded by mistery, those were simply rumors about him...

http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/bobafett/index.html

Macdeth
11 April 2003, 05:15 AM
Maybe a little off topic, but what is with Fett deaths?

Jango having his head so easily taken off and Boba and the sarlacc's pit? Com'on!

Aslo, I have the ep II DVD and yes I did see the pack flutter out...but COM"On!

It's almost as bad as Greedo shooting first.

Crymoon
11 April 2003, 05:20 AM
According to novels Boba didn't die in Sarlacc but cut his way from it. ALthough heavy burnt he survived thanx to the help of Dengar (the bount hunter) who fortunately was flying over the Sarlacc at the time when Boba escaped from his death.

Codym
11 April 2003, 05:22 AM
Boba Fett has had dozens of origin stories before AOTC, and these have always been shoved aside by the "many stories of Boba Fetts origins exsist..." reasoning. AOTC merely showed us the true story. And Boba is his real name, as he was being raised by Jango as a Son, and not a Clone.

As for the Obi's brother thing, In the original script for ROTJ, when Obi-Wan tells Luke the true story of Anakin Skywalker, he says that Owen was his brother (and told of the duel on the fire planet.) These made it into the novels and fact files, but because they never made it into any of the movies, were safely changed without contridicting the main timeline.

Hopefully that helps.

Korpil
11 April 2003, 05:53 AM
Originally posted by Crymoon
According to novels Boba didn't die in Sarlacc but cut his way from it. ALthough heavy burnt he survived thanx to the help of Dengar (the bount hunter) who fortunately was flying over the Sarlacc at the time when Boba escaped from his death.

Then again, George considers he died... mostly:

http://www.starwars.com/community/askjc/steve/askjc20021202.html

Crymoon
11 April 2003, 05:58 AM
George is a fine example of Sith... he puts a rumour here and there plays fans against each other... drat... sometimes I love him like i love Gates... :D

Thanx for help everyone.. and let's forget about it... it's getting pretty sad...

Trandoshan Jedi
16 April 2003, 01:28 PM
George is a fine example of Sith... he puts a rumour here and there plays fans against each other... drat... sometimes I love him like i love Gates
LOL

dgswensen
16 April 2003, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by Macdeth
Maybe a little off topic, but what is with Fett deaths?

Jango having his head so easily taken off and Boba and the sarlacc's pit? Com'on!

Aslo, I have the ep II DVD and yes I did see the pack flutter out...but COM"On!

Not to threadjack, but about Jango Fett's death... I had the same complaint about Jango, until a friend pointed out to me that in the course of the movie, Jango took Obi-Wan to the cleaners, killed the Reek with one shot, set Mace Windu on fire, and killed a Jedi Master with a handful of point-blank shots, before finally being dispatched by a bit of bad luck. As he put it... "How much more a** do you need Jango to kick before it's enough?"

Darth Fury
16 April 2003, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by dgswensen

Not to threadjack, but about Jango Fett's death... I had the same complaint about Jango, until a friend pointed out to me that in the course of the movie, Jango took Obi-Wan to the cleaners, killed the Reek with one shot, set Mace Windu on fire, and killed a Jedi Master with a handful of point-blank shots, before finally being dispatched by a bit of bad luck. As he put it... "How much more a** do you need Jango to kick before it's enough?"

Lets not forget that Mace is supposedly the best swordman the jedi have to offer.(next to :yoda: of course):D ;) :P

Darth_Cassed
17 April 2003, 03:49 AM
I don't care who killed Jango Fett, I hated that death. It was so anti-cilmactic.

Crymoon
17 April 2003, 04:00 AM
You know how the saying goes:

Everything lies in the yey of the beholder.

I'll bet that for all those guys who loved to see Jedi kick somebody's ass it was quite climatic...
It's like with Mauls death... damn... I wish he could live forever... He was menacing, didn't talk much and fought like hell!!!

Needles
19 April 2003, 01:44 PM
hated Boba's death, he's still alive in mmy games...
Loved jango's death, it helped bring Mace to a new level, which we'll come to appreciate w/ EpIII

Lucas Carr
21 April 2003, 08:26 PM
Although I'd heard the Obi-Wan and Owen are brothers rumor, it was the novelization of ANH that made me believe that it was Owen and Anakin that were brothers.

I read somewhere that the Tales are not part of the continuity, and that thus they might not have happened. So yes, Boba Fett is a clone of Jango Fett, though he was raised as Jango Fett's son.

Dea-Ev Dacal
15 May 2003, 09:11 PM
Part of the reason, I think why Boba Fett is so popular is the mystery surrounding him. People are gascinated by enigmas such as him and just want to try to figure as much as they can, knowing they will never truly know jis whole story.
E.D.

mojo1701
16 May 2003, 02:56 PM
Mace probably sliced off the head at the neck because it would've been easier than trying to go through the armour. I don't believe the neck was protected, so he could move, right?

Lucas Carr
17 May 2003, 11:34 AM
As far as I remember, the neck was less armored then the rest of him.

Crymoon
18 May 2003, 10:16 PM
In most armors joints are less protected then the rest of the armor so possible target for sneak attacks would include:
neck, knees, elbows, groin (hope that's the right word.. :D), armpit. Wrists are very often covered by gloves. In some armors you could harmstring the target.
So in a normal fighting situation it's easier to hit somebody's neck, choosing from them.

mojo1701
19 May 2003, 07:50 AM
groin (hope that's the right word.. :D)

Yeah, that's right. I don't know why most people don't understand that the word 'groin' means the joint inbetween the torso and the leg? (sorry, had to say it. Just so cheesed about it)

Crymoon
19 May 2003, 10:41 PM
I've recently said that I have changed the testicles of my computer so this time wanted to be sure I didn't put the wrong word again...

I'm typing fast as I'm posting from work and don't have really much free time. :D

joebi_wan_kenobi
22 May 2003, 10:44 PM
i don't know... how i tried to mesh the expanded universe and GL info on boba fett was this theory----

yup, fett was a clone of Jango, no doubt about that. came from the man himself. but remember, boba was only 10 at the times of AotC. after his father died, and the clone wars started in earnest, he probably went into hiding on some backwater planet called concord dawn (gasp!) where he eventually became a journeyman protecter under the name of jaster mereel (possibly from the stories that jango told boba growing up--- like the events from the comic book ;) ). he did his thing, got exiled, and might've tried stormtrooping and decided to go awol because being a stormtrooper sucks. he said to hell with it, the empire's here and most everyone has forgotten about the name fett. now i'll try dad's line of work. he tried it, found out he was good at it and liked the lifestyle and money, and became the best. end of story. least until that rat bastard solo showed up.... *shakes fist at the heavens*

well, that theory eases my mind, at least :)

boba fett is a smoove criminal.:D