PDA

View Full Version : What's you'r favorite lightsaber

Brishti Kildruun
11 April 2003, 01:37 PM
Alright, alright, so there are a lot to choose from, and they're all kinda cool in their own way. But which one REALLY makes you feel the force flowing through you...

Adesh Gundeep
11 April 2003, 04:04 PM
They're all cool, but I'm a sucker for the double-bladed sabers! And Maul used it with such finesse. I have to admit, I was also torn between Vader's or Obi-Wans!

They're all cool, though!! Brish, how could you make me choose!?

*walks off hunched over, head shaking in utter confusion...*

Hyperspace Marauder
11 April 2003, 04:42 PM
I am a firm believer that the novelty of a lightsaber would never get old. If I had one, I would be hacking into trees and cars and mailboxes... B)

Satyrgrrrrl
11 April 2003, 04:49 PM
DOOKU!!! DOOKU!!! DOOKU!!!

When I saw his lightsaber, I said "[Explicative Deleted], that's a fine-looking lightsaber!!"

It's cool, and he weilds it like a master. I love it with the action figure, too.

ARRRG!! Dooku again gets the shaft!!! There's no DOOKU smiley, so I'll just use the other old evil guy... :tarkin:

Brishti Kildruun
11 April 2003, 07:49 PM
I completely spaced him out. Well, how about your second favorite... or your favorite from those listed. Dooku's pistol grip is pretty cool! I'd have to say however that I like Maul's, but Mace's is awsome too! so is Obi-Wan's, and Luke's isn't bad, and...

Addie, I'm sorry.. okay? But you know I have to make your life difficult, to even things out a bit. you make my life difficult, I make yours difficult, and in this, we find balance in the force...

*Here Brishti opens up the book entitled The Secrets of Life and puts on a HEEUUUGE pair of glasses, reading from the book with an air of superiority and wisdom*

"One must find balance by reciprocating the kindness of others and those gestures shown to offer this kindness..."

Nova Spice
11 April 2003, 07:54 PM
Personally, I think Obi-Wan's is rather cool. I have seen the images of the handles and Obi-Wan's design is kicking! Plus, I really like his blue blade (the original lightsaber). The first is always the best IMO! :D

Bombaatu
11 April 2003, 10:37 PM
Gotta love Darth Vader, the prototype "bad-ass-with-a-lightsaber", plus really cool armor and James Earl Jones (James Earl Jones!!!) as his voice. So yah, by default, his lightsaber is the coolest... :D

However, I gotta agree that Dooku's is pretty damn cool as well, despite its.. suspect shape ("It's a lightsaber! It's a marital aid! IT'S BOTH!!!").

Satyrgrrrrl
11 April 2003, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by Bombaatu
However, I gotta agree that Dooku's is pretty damn cool as well, despite its.. suspect shape ("It's a lightsaber! It's a marital aid! IT'S BOTH!!!").

See, now that's just tasteless.

:rolleyes:

Anyway...

Since Dooku's lightsaber was forgotten, I just have to go with... (drum roll)... Obi-Wan's. The one that fell down the shaft during the fight with Darth Maul. I know, I know, it wasn't *really* his, but I think it's sleek design was the coolest so far.

:D

Thanks for the fun thread, it made me find *THIS* (http://www.thelightsaber.com/history1.htm) site, which is a lot of fun, even if I don't know half the people there. ;)

Brishti Kildruun
12 April 2003, 05:00 AM
You're welcome for the poll. I'm in the process of designing a lightsaber for a new character( Brishti's is already done and it is FINE ) but Gamin is a different sorta girl so I've spent the last couple of days sketching out different designs, and looking at pictures of all the various sabers for inspiration. That's how I got the idea. I totally agree on Obi-Wan's. "Saber that Falls Down Shaft" is DEFINATELY my favorite Obi-Wan saber. Thanks for the awsome website, I just Loooooove looking at different sabers. Sorry again that I forgot Dooku's :rolleyes:

Darth Fury
12 April 2003, 05:54 AM
I've had a thing for double bladed lightsabers ever since I read the comics about Exar Kun.

Wesly Senesca
13 April 2003, 10:41 AM
I'd have to go with Like's green 'saber. From my experience, it's the one lightsaber (save for maybe Yoda's) that's survived the longest. So far, Obi-Wan's gone through three 'sabers, Mace two, Anakin two (three if you count his Vader persona), Yoda rarely used his, and Dooku--to my knowledge--still uses his original saber. Besides, Vader, the man resonsible for the destruction of the Jedi Order, even told Luke that his lightsaber was more powerful than the one he previously wielded; a saber that Vader had constructed himself right before he turned. Hell, in the Decipher card game, the lore for the Luke's Lightsaber card reads:
"Weapon of a truly powerful warrior." Vader didn't have that, Qui-Gon, didn't have that, and Obi-Wan didn't have that either (both versions). Also, think of what will become of his lightsaber when he finally passes away. He's been using the damn thing for so long, it's bound to have some artifact qualities to it.

face it, :lukejedi: + :sabersml: = lots of dead :stormtpr:'s

coldskier0320
14 April 2003, 06:15 AM
If Dooku was on here id go with him, since hes not, ill go with Exar Kun...wait a minute! hes not here either! Oh well...of these, id hafta go with Yoda's, i just think its really cool. In fact, if i was a jedi, i might just get a downzised one for easier concealment and ease of use. Anyway, those are my picks:D

Crymoon
14 April 2003, 06:36 AM
I must say Dooku's lightsaber is the best for me... but as I haven't seen it in the poll...
I must say that Maul is my second favorite - maybe it doesn't have the best looking handle but it alows a vast array of possible moves and fightnig styles.
I'd add also Corran Horn's double-length-blade lightsaber... You can stick it in eyes of some damn Yuuzangs... :D

Jedi_Shadow
14 April 2003, 10:20 AM
I chose Darth Vader's simply because when I have sword fought, that's how I fight as well. Vader was not known for incredible finesse, but rather unmatched power. I'm not the graceful when my friends and I play swords, but I have been known to break the sticks we use on more than one occasion.

Trandoshan Jedi
16 April 2003, 08:15 AM
THe double lightsaber!

Brishti Kildruun
17 April 2003, 05:23 AM
The double-bladed lightsaber!... It's a sweet thing...:maul: B)

Lucas Carr
21 April 2003, 08:50 PM
I actually don't think I have a favorite, though I must say that the uniqueness of Darth Maul's saber is something one has to take into account.