PDA

View Full Version : Which Solo

Kanner Ra'an
13 April 2003, 05:55 AM
Okay just wondering. Which of the Solo children do you like the most (Or hate the least) and why.

Darth_Cassed
13 April 2003, 06:23 AM
Solo? I know not of any Solo. I only know of Darth Bane and our war against those vile Jedi....

I'm pretty impartial to it, I'm not much of an NJO guru, but Jaina seems to be a great Jedi, much less kid.

Kyndig_Episte
13 April 2003, 06:55 AM
i like jaina because her character is cooler and very much less whiney than that of the two boys, now only one boy.

ElfWord
13 April 2003, 07:15 AM
Anakin all the way. He's definitely the most powerful of the kids, and the one with the greatest destiny.

Satyrgrrrrl
13 April 2003, 12:12 PM
I want to see some new blood in the world, not just follow two families around.

It's nice that they had kids and all, but I'm tired of seeing nothing but Solos and Skywalkers.

You'd think, in a galaxy this big, there'd be more heroes. And don't mention the side characters in the books, because that's what they are, side characters. I'd like to see some other family could produce kids that are heroic enough to be the main characters in some Star Wars books.

There. I've ranted and I feel better. Please feel free to continue on with the thread. :D

Nova Spice
13 April 2003, 02:39 PM
I happen to like Jaina Solo when comparing all three siblings (though I think Anakin is a moot point altogether, considering he's dead). ;)

Jaina has more "natural" skills than Jacen does or Anakin had. Her ability to pilot and her mechnaical inclination seem to make her more well rounded than the other two. Although Jacen's natural flair for diplomacy and his animal affinity are nice touches too, Jaina's abilities seem far more practical. I think Jacen has her beat as far as raw Force ability, but Jaina's natural leadership skills make her all the more attractive. :D

Tramp
13 April 2003, 06:54 PM
I happen to really like all three almost equally. However if I had to make a choice it would have been Anakin while he was alive, simply because of his potential. of the two remaining Solo Kids (althoght they're certainly not kids any more) I'd have to say Jaina. Not only for the reasons that Nova Spice mentioned; but, like her mother and aunt, she's a serious hottie, 'nuf said (sue me, I'm a guy). She's got her mother's looks and her father's attitude, on top of that, she's a Jedi. If that isn't a great combination, I don't know what is.

Ardent
13 April 2003, 09:50 PM
I happen to identify very closely with Jacen's character, so he sort of shifted into my favorite spot. The philosopher in him just appeals to me, I guess. ;)

Jacen was originally a blatant attempt to appeal to fanboys IMHO, but the character has evolved significantly since then. I like the recent steps and the fleshing out of his character. Very...cool. ;)

Although I share the desire for new, non-Skywalker/Solo heroes.

Codym
14 April 2003, 05:16 AM
Jacen Solo, Balance Point - The book where he finally grew up and proved himself to be the only real Jedi in the Solo clan. Other than that, none of the Solo children have captured my interest: Jania is a standard flyboy (or girl in her case) with Jedi powers but little personality, Anakin is a too simpilistic Anakin Skywalker wannabe, and Jacen has been too wishy-washy (he has seemed like a different character in almost every book he's appeared in.) Give me Mara Jade or Corran Horn any day.

Admiral Noshow
14 April 2003, 06:00 PM
I HATE ALL THE REBEL SCUM!

HEHEHE Im pro-imperial:P

coldskier0320
15 April 2003, 03:22 AM
She's got her mother's looks and her father's attitude, on top of that, she's a Jedi. If that isn't a great combination, I don't know what is.

Tell 'em Tramp !!! My thoughts exactly!

Trandoshan Jedi
16 April 2003, 07:45 AM
Jaina is coolest!!!!:D B) :D

Trandoshan Jedi
17 April 2003, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Tramp
I'd have to say Jaina....like her mother and aunt, she's a serious hottie, 'nuf said (sue me, I'm a guy). She's got her mother's looks and her father's attitude, on top of that, she's a Jedi. If that isn't a great combination, I don't know what is.

Heck yeah she's a hottie!

Iain Kysler, Jedi Apprentice
18 April 2003, 03:01 PM
Five words:

Anakin Solo is the MAN!!!

Tramp
21 April 2003, 03:37 PM
Colskier, Tandoshan jedi,It's nice to know that good taste is so easy to recognise.:D

Lucas Carr
21 April 2003, 06:06 PM
It's been a long time since I've read NJO, not since Stackpole's Jedi Duology. But from what I remember it was Jacen or Anakin, can't recall more precise then that.

Jedi Master Talon
12 May 2003, 09:09 AM
Anakin is the greatest one of all but it made me mad at the outcome of Star by Star. He is amazing.

Nova Spice
12 May 2003, 10:02 AM
Anakin is the greatest one of all but it made me mad at the outcome of Star by Star. He is amazing.

Well, he was amazing. :D

starkiller210
12 May 2003, 05:15 PM
It's anikan, he's just one of those go get'em guys + jaina goes to the darkside and jacen is a "treehugger" (no ffense) it's a pity he had to die thou.B)

Sirec Tyrak
13 May 2003, 01:33 PM
too bad Anakin was cut down in his prime. He had soo much potential.