PDA

View Full Version : Yoda species?

Jahr the Tusken
14 April 2003, 11:07 AM
What ever happened to that female Yoda-like Jedi Council member in Episode I? And is Yoda the only one of his species and if not, what is his species?

Faraer
14 April 2003, 11:48 AM
Yaddle's fate is told in Jedi Quest #6 The Shadow Trap (which I've not yet read, but the series is excellent). Only Yoda and Yaddle have been seen of that species in the movies or EU. The name of the species isn't known.

Mad Tech
15 April 2003, 12:09 PM
Yoda (and Yaddle) are of a species known as the M'petttz. The originate from the planet Hen'sson. Their leader is the great and wise K'r'met. Hen'sson was a soft and plush world of fun and happiness until the coming of the evil one known as Darth Elmo. But that's a story for another day.

Mad Tech

Trandoshan Jedi
16 April 2003, 01:09 PM
:D thanks for clearing that up.
Actually I read somewhere that Lucas had originally named the Yoda species Whill. But I do know that Yoda speaks with poetic inversion (see i do pay attention in English class)

Faraer
16 April 2003, 02:22 PM
The Star Wars novelization sets itself as part of a "Journal of the Whills" (see here (http://www.starwars.com/episode-iv/feature/20000530/indexp2.html)). People have speculated Yoda's a Whill based on that.

In Frank Oz's own backstory which he made up for Yoda, his mode of speech was standard when he was a young Jedi...

Aaron B'Aviv
19 April 2003, 09:42 AM
Yoda is a member of the species Ninehundredyearsold. He says so in the movie ESB.

When Ninehundredyearsold you be, look this good you will not!

Tramp
30 April 2003, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Mad Tech
Yoda (and Yaddle) are of a species known as the M'petttz. The originate from the planet Hen'sson. Their leader is the great and wise K'r'met. Hen'sson was a soft and plush world of fun and happiness until the coming of the evil one known as Darth Elmo. But that's a story for another day.

Mad Tech

Mad Tech, YOU ARE WARPED!!! :D :D :D ROFLMAO.

Altman
25 May 2003, 08:04 PM

LOL...gotta love that one...

And on the lighter side of news for the Planet Hen'sson...It's being purchased bacy by the former ruleing family...Henson's kids are buying back the company... Deal should be finalized this summer...

Lucas Carr
25 May 2003, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by Mad Tech

Mad Tech

I knew there was something fishy with this post, but I didn't get it until the third time I read it. The third time I "said" the strange words and I finally got it. :D :D :D

AzmoDanakar
27 May 2003, 08:18 AM
A member of Yoda's species ( the Yodanians ? ) can be seen in the trailer for KOTOR. He is directing republic forces in a losing battle in the scene. " Around the game, a marketing campaign create.." Who da man? Yoda man ! :yoda: :yoda: