PDA

View Full Version : What is next...?(possibile spoiler tid-bits)

Admiral Noshow
14 April 2003, 06:05 PM
What do you think is next, I mean its kinda gonna be hard to top the "Invaders from another Galaxy" lets ear some ideas

Nova Spice
14 April 2003, 07:34 PM
What do you think is next, I mean its kinda gonna be hard to top the "Invaders from another Galaxy" lets ear some ideas

After the NJO you mean? Honestly, I believe that this is it. This is the finale to the Star Wars novels post-ROTJ. I think you'll see a dramatic increase in Prequel era publications, but I think this is the "saga to end the saga" so to speak.

It's one of those "instinctive" feelings I have. Although I could be wrong, as I remember Shelly Shapiro mentioning that the Vong would not be gone with the conclusion of the New Jedi Order. However, I personally feel that the adventures of Luke Skywalker and crew have come to an end. The Unifying Force (the last NJO novel) may be the "novel of all novels" as far as EU goes. I expect to have a clear and defined ending point; something along the lines of "and the galaxy began the long process of rebuilding what was damaged and remembering what was lost."

Call it a hunch; maybe I'm wrong, but I doubt it. :D :P

Codym
14 April 2003, 08:08 PM
Luke wakes up and discovers that the NJO was just a horrid dream?:D

Ardent
14 April 2003, 10:19 PM
Well, the Clone Wars were Anakin's crucicle, the GCW was Luke's crucible, the YVInvasion has been the Twins' crucible, perhaps a saga surrounding Ben's crucible is the next step. However, what that would be, I haven't the faintest.

Crymoon
14 April 2003, 10:31 PM
After the defeat of Impire we had some post Impire stuff (you know Thrawn etc... :D ) so maybe here we'll have some post Yuuzang stuff (like Yuuzang version of Thrawn fightning hand in hand with Sith against the growing power of Jeedi:D )

And pirates will rule the universe!!!:hutt:

ElfWord
15 April 2003, 06:11 AM
IMO, Star Wars will never end. Ben Skywalker is an obvious figure for future stories to follow. Internal confilct would likely be the next menace the galaxy faces.

Tramp
15 April 2003, 10:45 AM
Even though there may not be any post NJO books slated for the near future, I'd be very surprised if they didn't come out eventually (probably after EPIII), and has been stated above, will most likely deal with young Ben Skywalker coming of age and the conflicts he'll have to face.

ElfWord
15 April 2003, 05:54 PM
There's still the Unknown Regions. And the possibility of a second Eye of Palpatine hasn't been resolved yet. Centerpoint station still remains a mystery in many ways. And who's to say that the Galactic Alliance won't travel to the YV galaxy?

Dan Kyrinov
15 April 2003, 07:00 PM
There's still the Unknown Regions. And the possibility of a second Eye of Palpatine hasn't been resolved yet. Centerpoint station still remains a mystery in many ways. And who's to say that the Galactic Alliance won't travel to the YV galaxy?

'Star Wars: A Galaxy Apart.' I think going cross-galaxy would make an excellent series. Perhaps the people who built the Centerpoint station and rearranged the Corellia system are from the same galaxy. We could find Vong in various stages of cultural flux, all new races and Force-users, and have a good time.

Frobi-Wan Kenobi
15 April 2003, 07:25 PM
I thought that in the Edge of Victory Duology it was said that the entire reason that the Yuuzhan Vong left their galaxy was because they had drained all of its resources and had no planets left that could support life. So taking the decades long trip really wouldn't be worth anyone's expense.

Crymoon
15 April 2003, 10:26 PM
Where there is one galaxy there are more. Iif Yuuzang drained their resources then let's go to another galaxy...
It' a bit like in ST. They first created one sector of galaxy then another then two next and Parallel universe so many possibilities.. Why can use the same ideas but use them for galaxies... If Yuuzang can travel to our galaxy (let say that it is the nearest for them) it doesn't mean that there isn't a better one for us to go to... maybe it lies in opposite direction that Yuuzang's galaxy....
And as SW isn't solley based on science but also on fantasy (or fiction however you put it) then there are no limits to what may happen next... Maybe we should write a book after NJO about another galaxy... well maybe s hort story first...:D

Frobi-Wan Kenobi
17 April 2003, 02:39 AM
"The ultimate conflict between the two greatest clans, known as the Cremlevian War, left the Yuuzhan Vong's galaxy uninhabitable. Only their bioengineered worldships remained, and they, too, began to sicken and die."

Crymoon
17 April 2003, 02:41 AM
ok... that means that Yuuzangs galaxy is inhabitable, but it isn't the only galaxy around..

Frobi-Wan Kenobi
17 April 2003, 08:52 AM
I forgot to say that the quote above came straight out of the UAA (posting at around 4AM can do that to you).

While there are other galaxies for them to go to I'd rather see a push into the Unknown Regions. Or maybe the only reason that the Yuzzhan Vong were able to leave their galaxy was that in consuming all of it's resources the galactic barrier surronding them was weaked enough to allow them through. And that the barriers work as one way streets - you can get in, but you can't get out.

Kanner Ra'an
17 April 2003, 09:18 AM
Id love to see inter-galactic wars. Maybe the new republic has to face Empires that span Multiple galaxys. Realisticaloly though i think the first post NJO novels will deal with the division of the galaxy. Im guessing that more systems will start making other alliances rather then being a part of the oviously ineffective galaxy wide alliance.

Jedi Master Talon
17 April 2003, 09:28 AM
I think the next saga would be about been's life because he's the next in line and you got me on what he's fighting.

Aaron B'Aviv
17 April 2003, 09:39 AM
I want to see more X-wing type novels. Maybe after the NJO is over, they can go back and have a series focusing specifically on Twin Sun's Squadron's adventures against the Vongies.

I've also thought it would be a great idea to have a series about Lieutenant Page and the Katarn Commandos. Who agrees with me that Page is one of the Star Wars Universe's coolest undeveloped characters?

Nova Spice
17 April 2003, 06:51 PM
Who agrees with me that Page is one of the Star Wars Universe's coolest undeveloped characters?

He's definitely an interesting character, but would he even be in the military post-NJO? And with that, who says he has even survived the invasion? Besides, last I read, General Kapp Dendo (Devaronian SpecOps veteran) had taken command of Katarn's Commandoes....

Kanner Ra'an
17 April 2003, 07:03 PM
I've also thought it would be a great idea to have a series about Lieutenant Page and the Katarn Commandos. Who agrees with me that Page is one of the Star Wars Universe's coolest undeveloped characters

Hell yeah.

Ardent
17 April 2003, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by Nova Spice
He's definitely an interesting character, but would he even be in the military post-NJO? And with that, who says he has even survived the invasion? Besides, last I read, General Kapp Dendo (Devaronian SpecOps veteran) had taken command of Katarn's Commandoes....

Page is dead, according to my notes. I should really check to see where/how. I'm fairly certain it was mentioned somewhere in the NJO, though.

Kapp is ostensibly in charge of a group of commandos with a similar mission statement, but I'd thought they were Dendo's Daredevils. Maybe that's just me thinking randomly...

Frankly, if I have to read SpecOps stuff, I want to see guys like Kenth Hamner and Kapp Dendo. Page seems too cut-and-dry to make very interesting reading, despite his reputation for unconventional tactics.

If we're getting into undeveloped characters, let's stop and talk about Bren Derlin. Mkay? Even Tycho Celchu got a big piece of the EU pie. But Bren Derlin, who appeared in TWO of the original trilogy movies, has been shafted repeatedly. And he seems like he'd be a terribly cool person to follow around for a novel or two. From arctic ops like Hoth to ops like Endor...c'mon, that's gotta be a really talented guy. ;)

Kanner Ra'an
18 April 2003, 07:26 AM
Page is dead, according to my notes. I should really check to see where/how. I'm fairly certain it was mentioned somewhere in the NJO, though.

I dont remember reading that. If you could find that info it would be helpful.

Aaron B'Aviv
18 April 2003, 09:23 AM
You may be right... Page may have died early in the NJO. I can't remember, exactly, though. I'm going to have to go back and start re-reading the NJO now. VP seems so far away.

That's not important, though. Del Rey's already moved into the NR era with Tatooine Ghost. Why can't they do more in that area? I wanted to see Bantam do a Page's Commandos series and now I want Del Rey to do it.

Oh, and I wouldn't object to SpecForces books about Kapp Dendo, either. He's cool, too.

A valid point is made about Bren Derlin, too. As far as i can remember, he has only one appearance in the EU- and that's not even an in person appearance, merely a letter sent to Han Solo. He's capable of so much more!

Ardent
18 April 2003, 09:33 AM
Yeah! Del Rey take note! Bren Derlin EU!

powalsh
21 April 2003, 11:24 AM
In the end, the YV upper caste's will be defeated leaving the Jedi to protect the enormous shamed one caste from retribution at the hands of a Bothan Holy war. However I think this would be a great time to interject a litlle peace and stability to the SW galaxy. There is nothing like an alien invader to bring all the differentfactions together, and I think we are witnesing this in the formation of the Galactic Alliance. The New order is not a Republic or an Empire. It is an Alliance. To me that means the old New Republic is dead and its survivors have come to the realization that running an entire galaxy is just to samn hard. So instead they are forming the GA which will probobly be made up of the Remnant, The Hapans, The Corellians, the Corporate sector, etc... In essance a giant free trade and non aggression pact that alows large conglomerated governments to rule and protect smaller sections of space. Te jedi , in turn will continue their tradition as galactic peace keepers. Anyone accepting the idea of a Galactic Alliance would also have to accept the free movement of Jedi through their system. This way the Jedi dont get tied down to any one government and they can help maintain peace throughout the galaxy. Anyway thats my two sense.

Admiral Noshow
21 April 2003, 01:13 PM
thats a mouth full...
:raised:

Admiral Noshow
19 May 2003, 10:30 PM
Well sounds like the Medeavil Ages to me...That woul be kinda neat in Star Wars, Ya know anarchy and stuff....:o

Jedi Master Gambit
21 May 2003, 07:56 PM
The next set of novels will probably be in the Young Adults genre and'll be probably be about Ben Skywalker's training. After that we'll probably get a book about the Galaxy being rebuilt, then the adventures of Jedi Knight Ben Skywalker

starkiller210
22 May 2003, 12:33 PM
It will probaly end up the way all movies end. The good win and the bad lose, but with star wars it will get a lot more complicated and intricate!!!

Kanner Ra'an
23 May 2003, 11:23 AM
I wonder if the Vong will be anniahalated or if they will stick around afterwards, hopefully they wont end up like the remnant and become pathetic.

Tramp
23 May 2003, 05:25 PM
The Yuuzhan Vong are herer to stay. They've pretty much foreshadowed that earlier in the series.

Nova Spice
24 May 2003, 07:57 AM
I wonder if the Vong will be anniahalated or if they will stick around afterwards, hopefully they wont end up like the remnant and become pathetic.

They've gained too much territory to be removed so easily. With all the damage they've done, they've essentially shaped portions of the galaxy as their homes. The Vong aren't going anywhere. ;)

Kanner Ra'an
24 May 2003, 08:53 AM
I know they wont go away, im just wondering if they'll hold on to huge ammounts of territory or end up as a backwater power like the Empire did. That would suck, im kinda sick of the NR/GA always being the big power and undefeatable blah blah, blah blah. Thats why i like the NJO so much, the NR basically gets their @$$ kicked throughout the first part of the series.

Darth Fouts
26 May 2003, 01:58 PM
We have gone 30 yrs w/ Luke, Leia, & Han. We spend something like half of that w/ the twins? Jacen & Jaina will be around for a lot longer than some people are leading us to believe here. I think the SW Galaxy will continue w/ the twins. I do expect more causulties from the NJO befoere it is over. Like Luke perhaps. Remember both Anakin & Luke grew up w/o a father. Sorry Ben it's in the cards.

WAR! Nom Anor for Chief of Staff!