PDA

View Full Version : Shockboxing

whumfleet
16 April 2003, 08:09 AM
Wonderful article. I always wanted to write something like this up after I came up with the Barabel Shockboxer for Heroes of the Galaxy. I applaud Gary for taking this on.

Wayne Humfleet :nfighter:
Former Journal contributer and WEG Freelancer.

Penangallan
16 April 2003, 08:57 AM
Thanks for the kind words, Wayne. It was a fun article to write, and I'm proud to have it in the OJ. I tried to write about something that I would use for my own games, and (outside of your template in H&R) shockboxing had never seen an in-depth treatment for either game system. I'm happy to see that you enjoyed it, because you inspired it.

Cheers!
Gary

Darth_Cassed
16 April 2003, 06:29 PM
Yes, I found this article interesting too....

Hell, I found the whole thing interesting!! :D You all do great work over there.

scottyboy
17 April 2003, 05:25 AM
I have to agree that <b>Mr. Astleford's</b> submission is a very well thought out and thorough article. It adds a completely different aspect to the game that A LOT of players and GMs really don't take into consideration. <i>Sports in the Star Wars Universe???</i> Who'd have thought? No really, great job Gary!

<b>Whumfleet</b>, I see your signature line says that you're a 'former' Journal contributor... You don't have to be 'former' if you don't want to! Any submissions that you would like to make would be more than welcome!

whumfleet
17 April 2003, 05:34 AM
We considered an article on Sports in Star Wars at one time for the old journal, but never got a chance to write it. nderground Swoop Races, Grav Ball, etc..

The online journal is great and fills a great voide left by the gamer.

scottyboy
17 April 2003, 05:37 AM
An underground Swoop Racing Circuit, huh? That sounds like it could really make for a good article! Feel like taking it up <b>Whumfleet</b>?

whumfleet
17 April 2003, 05:44 AM
It's possible. I haven't written anything in almost 8 years but I'll see what I can do.

I wish I could find the short story I did on Uglies that never got printed. But I think it's lost in a space time vortex.

:nfighter:

scottyboy
17 April 2003, 05:56 AM
That would be outstanding <b>Whumfleet</b>! I eagerly anticipate seeing some stuff from you! If you were a freelancer for WEG, I'm sure even after 8 years your stuff is still going to be top notch! If you need any assistance whatsoever, please feel free to let me know either by PM via this site, or you can e-mail me. Thanks!

Ardent
17 April 2003, 10:03 PM
There's a bunch of info on Swoopchasing in the Black Sands of Socorro sourcebook. If you didn't already know that. ;)

whumfleet
18 April 2003, 03:38 AM
Hmm, patty may have already went and done that then. One of the other articles I co-wrote was "Swoop Gangs" from journal #6 and we had started to go over a Illegal Swoop Race. Thanks for pointing out "Black Sands" I have it just haven't read it...:nfighter:

scottyboy
18 April 2003, 06:57 AM
Well <b>Whumfleet</b>, you can still do something original about swoop racing if you'd like. Or you could check out THIS THREAD (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11843&highlight=bank) and write something about it if you'd like. I'd really like to see something about it. Actually, you can write anything you want to! Those are just some ideas. I'd <b>really</b> like to see a submission from you if it's at all possible. I think it would be an outstanding addition to the Online Journal.

Ardent
18 April 2003, 08:08 AM
Erm, yeah, don't let my pointing out that there's already been some coverage deter you. There still aren't any d20 mechanics for Swoopchasing, although I don't think they'd be terribly difficult to convert from D6...I'll stop now...

whumfleet
18 April 2003, 08:42 AM
That wouldn't deter me Ardent. My main deterent is finding time between work and taking care of my family. But maybe now that I have a mission I'll be able to make the time.

:sabersml: