PDA

View Full Version : Battle of Ebaq?

powalsh
17 April 2003, 05:24 AM
I am getting my Pcs involved with the Battle of Ebaq. Does anybody out there have a clear idea as to how many ships are in the Galactic Alliance defense and the YV attack?

Kanner Ra'an
17 April 2003, 09:12 AM
It started off with forty, then i think another twenty came with the convoy. Garm bel Iblis' forces though were huge, sveral hundered at least, but probably closer to a thousand.

Nova Spice
17 April 2003, 07:14 PM
Here are some "educated" estimates straight from Destiny's Way:

New Republic Forces (aka Galactic Alliance):

-General Keyan Farlander's fleet contained at least forty capital ships toward the end of the battle, and it says that he lost a third of his forces, so we can assume that he started with about sixty capital ships and their appropriate starfighter complements.
-Admiral Traest Kre'fey's fleet contained about four-fifths of Fleet Group One's ships. If my estimates from Star by Star are right, then that's about two hundred capital ships, plus or minus a couple.
-The Smuggler's Alliance had fewer vessels than Farlander's fleet and all were transports except for the Errant Venture. So we'll say that's somewhere between thirty-five and forty-five ships.
-General Garm Bel Iblis' fleet contained half the armada he was using to guard the shipyards at Talaan. Assuming all of Fleet Group Two was at Talaan (all the surviving ships from Star by Star), I think you could reasonably account for at least two hundred and fifty capital ships, if not more.

The Yuuzhan Vong (aka Bantha Poodoo at Ebaq)

-Battle Group of Yun-Yammka matched Farlander's force two-to-one meaning it had precisely one hundred and twenty capital ships in it. Assuming that's correct and all the Vong battle groups were evenly divided, that's six hundred capital ships for the Vong. Five battle groups multiplied by one hundred and twenty equals six hundred.

That's my best guess... :D :P

Ardent
17 April 2003, 07:58 PM
It should probably be pointed out that Nova has a better eye for logistics than most of us, so his 'guess' is actually an educated, logically-based assumption that's, more than likely, right on the money. ;)

powalsh
18 April 2003, 08:52 AM
Ill take Nova's educated guess any day of the week. Thanks a lot for the info.