PDA

View Full Version : Who do you think the coolest Supporting Character is?

Trandoshan Jedi
17 April 2003, 01:05 PM
Mine is Boba Fett!

Darth_Cassed
17 April 2003, 01:59 PM
Is it not Admiral Piett? Not Peitt?

I would say Boba Fett.....maybe you shoulda had an "other" catergory?

Adesh Gundeep
17 April 2003, 02:08 PM
I'd have to say Lando. Don't get me wrong I LOVE Boba Fett, but Lando is just such an awesome character.B)

Trandoshan Jedi
17 April 2003, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Darth_Cassed
Is it not Admiral Piett? Not Peitt?
Opps!:o

Codym
17 April 2003, 04:58 PM
Coolest supporting character? Boba Fett.

Favourite supporting character? R2D2.

Nova Spice
17 April 2003, 06:47 PM
Wedge Antilles carries the cake as far as best supporting character! I mean, what supporting character survives all three major battles in the films and lives to tell about it? What supporting character took down the first Imperial walker and vaped the Second Death Star?

Wedge is the man! :D:wedge:

Darth_Cassed
17 April 2003, 08:12 PM
Admin, mind if we bug ya to fix the little Peitt thing? Not a top priority....just a little bug... :P

Why Lando Adesh Gundeep?

Ardent
17 April 2003, 09:57 PM
I've decided to adopt Bren Derlin as my latest cause.

Bren Derlin is the best supporting character!

Satyrgrrrrl
17 April 2003, 10:11 PM
Drat!!

I picked Jabba, but it was only because I didn't see TARKIN!! :tarkin:
He actually had Vader's leash!! Truly Evil, with a capital E!

And, he wasn't some stinkin' Force User! ;)

DRAT!!

Oh well, Jabba's still cool in my book.

He's why I love playing Hutts as a GM.

*Ho, ho, ho...*:hutt:

Both of these guys show that you can be monumentally EVIL without having to use the Force, and that's why I love them!

Of course, Palpy's still my fave of all time. :emperor:

Deck
18 April 2003, 12:55 AM
I corrected the typing error of Admiral Piett.

<b>Satyrgrrrrl</b>, do you wish your vote being transferred to Tarkin?

My favourite supporting character is Lando. He is present in so many books and is described very well, I think he's even a main character. :)

Darth_Cassed
18 April 2003, 07:09 AM
So technically Lando isn't a supporting character is he then Deck?

Oh, and thanks for fixin that!

Satyrgrrrrl
18 April 2003, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by Deck
<b>Satyrgrrrrl</b>, do you wish your vote being transferred to Tarkin?

That would be great, thanks!

:tarkin: :D

Ardent
18 April 2003, 08:14 AM
Lando has an entire adventure of his own :( He can't be a true supporting character. He cheated!

Trandoshan Jedi
18 April 2003, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Ardent
Lando has an entire adventure of his own :( He can't be a true supporting character. He cheated!
what is this adventure? i'd love to read/watch it.

Jim Williams
18 April 2003, 02:46 PM
Wedge---two Death Stars on his X-wing. That's like....historic.

However, I also have to say I've always liked the dialogue between all the pilots when they attack the 1st Death Star. It appeals to my military background, especially Red Leader. Very heroic.

And I use General Dodanna's line all the time. "Then man your ships, and may the Force be with you."

Ardent
18 April 2003, 08:17 PM
The novel where he gets trapped on the Teljkon Vagabond with Pakpekatt. Don't remember the title off the top of my head...anyway, it's at least 70% Lando, 70% of the time. Then there's the whole Lifewitch thing...Lando isn't really a supporting character :( IMHO.

Adesh Gundeep
19 April 2003, 03:23 AM
Why Lando? Because even though he made some wrong choices, he still remained one of Han's good friends, and risked his life to try and help Han and Luke(at least I think that's why he was at Jabba's Palace....:rolleyes: ). Anyway, he was definatlely a scoundrel and created his fair share of problems for other people, but all in all, Lando stayed loyal to his friends.....and thats all I have to say about that.:D

And please, if anyone feels the need to correct me on any of these facts, please don't hesitate to do so:)

Brishti Kildruun
19 April 2003, 09:27 AM
I have to go with Boba Fett. Yes, I know, alot of people agree with me, but, what's not to like about the man!? An extremely close second would have to be Lando. He's just got the coolness thing going on as well. my two, shiny, copper, monetary unit's worth.

Hyperspace Marauder
19 April 2003, 02:43 PM
From a story point of view, I have to vote for Chewie. He was the glue that held that Heroes of Yavin together. He sufferred like the rest of them. But he was stalwart and kept everything together (despite the fact that he almost choked Lando to death).

As far as supporting characters and loyal sidekicks go, no one puts a plasma cutting-torch to a Wookiee. :D

Lucas Carr
21 April 2003, 05:55 PM
What an individual sees as the "best" may vary from time to time. When I read the poll, my first thought was Boba Fett. But I'd have to agree with Codym and say that the coolest supporting character would be a much better "award" to give to Fett.

N`gosi
21 April 2003, 09:16 PM
come on chewie is the best. especially the way he died, you cant ask for a better supporting character

Its2bad4u
21 April 2003, 10:13 PM
Though I voted a while ago, I'll comment now... Its a tough choice between Lando and Chewie...

:lando:vs :wookiee:

actually I totally forget which one I voted for... I hope you've all enjoyed this completely pointless post... remind me not to try to post at 2:15 AM...

Cant sleep Sith will eat me... cant sleep sith will eat me...

maxkuney
25 April 2003, 01:10 PM
Well, I have to jump in late with a vote for Chewie. The way he managed to express himself without intelliglbe words was truely moving. Oh, and wookies have been known to pull people's arms off if you don't vote for them. :D

Max

stoic_75
25 April 2003, 04:35 PM
Boba Fett is the "coolest" supporting character? I'll admit I'm a bit confused as to how we are supposed to judge that attribute. Boba does little except stand around look menacing. While he does manage to capture Han, he falls down a sarlaac pit in a rather "uncool" fashion.

R2D2 is not menacing but cool in the fact he is short and a droid. R2D2 is certainly the most useful of all the supporting characters. He cracks security codes, repairs hyperdrives at critical moments, shut downs trash compactors, and saves the party's butt at every opportunity. That's pretty cool in my opinion.

Lucas Carr
25 April 2003, 07:51 PM
I just rewatched ESB and RotJ today. And I noticed R2D2 doing things I'm sure the average R2 droid is incapable of doing. But I haven't checked the rules for this though.

Dr_Worm
26 April 2003, 04:31 PM
man...I have to pick betwee Chewbacca, Lando, Boba Fett, and Wedge?
that is a brutal choice.

Well lets see...I discount Lando becuase he is verging on a main character....then I can discount Boba Fett because as cool as he could of been he was made out to be pretty bumbling...but after that I can't decide. Wedge is a kick butt pilot and a steady hero, but Chewie is a take no guff, rear-kicking walking carpet. I have to think this over more. Perhaps meditate on this most crucial of decisions.

Sithspawn
27 April 2003, 03:52 AM
A few years ago I would probably have said Boba Fett, but lets face it, what does he actually do (except talk back to Vader & survive). I've voted for Chewbacca, a very underused character on film and in the books (I've plenty of gripes about the books, such as why Chewbacca doesn't speak when every other alien does, but that's OT).

There are a couple more notable supporting characters I like too which were not on the list. Admiral Ozzel played by Mr. Sci-Fi convention himself, the Dr.Who veteran, Michael Sheard. He really is a great guy, and as a Dr.Who fan I have to give Ozzel the nod for one of the greatest deaths on screen. The other is General Veers, again, a great performance from Julian Glover.

Dea-Ev Dacal
9 May 2003, 01:05 PM
Chewie, the most loyal and devoted sidekick(probably the hairiest too) ever.
E.D.

ElfWord
9 May 2003, 06:17 PM
Lando is the man, I'd have to say that even Boba Fett is 2nd to him. No one in the SW universe is quite as suave, sophisticated, skilled, crafty, and lucky. Lando is the man!

bountyhntr
16 May 2003, 06:00 PM
R2 has got the tools!!

Sasche
17 May 2003, 10:51 AM
I had to go with Lando. The question asked who was the coolest . And so this has to go to him.
There are many good choices. I would put Chewie as maybe the "all-around best". Scariest, or most "bad-ass" would go to Boba Fett. I know I'd have problems keeping my shorts clean if I heard Boba was going to collect a bounty on my head.
Most trustworthy: R2. Who else got them out of so many jams?

But when the poll asks for Cool...

Bjorn
20 May 2003, 02:03 PM
I'd have to go with Chewie. A great character. I loved his loyalty to Han, then to his family. I hated to see him die. :(

Bjorn

sjard
14 June 2003, 12:57 AM
I'd have to go with Wedge. he's been my all time favorite star wars character since i was about 4. as for boba fett, what's there to measure against? he's 99% hype and 1% substance. the first thought to cross my mind on seeing him as a kid holding his late fathers helmet was
"Don't bother kid, in 27 years you get taken out by a blind guy with a stick!"

yeah, i know all about the EU stuff on him, he's still mostly hype.

sjard.

JediJester
17 June 2003, 01:43 PM
Boba Fett may be the most menacing, Lando the smoothest, and Chewie the most loveable, but R2-D2 gets my vote. It may not be very menacing or able to pull people's arms off, but there is very little that R2 can't do and its got a pair of cahones that would make a rancor jealous. How many times has this little droid trundled his way through the middle of a firefight to perform some major task (opening doors). Plus you, just can't go wrong with someone who back-talks like he does, we may not be able to understand him, but those bleats and blats don't need much translation :P .

Silent
17 June 2003, 04:27 PM
Yup, my vote went to old (literally!) R2-D2. He saves everyone twice a day before breakfast can survive a blaster bolt and a TIE-Fighter hit, and is so cool that he doesn't even need words to express his coolness! Hehe, give him 5 minutes with the Slave 1 and we'll see just how far that big-shot clone can go...

Still, Wedge is a pretty good character, at least once you get into the multitude of EU books about him. Chewie's also good, but nuthin' can match R2!:P

(This reminds me of another reason I like R2: anyone seen the "Underneath the Dome" documentary on the AotC DVD? Heeheehee...)

Jedi_Staailis
17 June 2003, 04:53 PM
R2-D2, by a long shot. As has been mentioned previously, he saves the heroes' lives over and over. He slices computer system, fixes ships, smart mouths, and goes on secret missions. His personality is very clear, despite the fact that he never has any true lines.

And heck, if you look closely in the Naboo sequences of AotC, he even climbs stairs!

Dea-Ev Dacal
19 June 2003, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by ElfWord
Lando is the man, I'd have to say that even Boba Fett is 2nd to him. No one in the SW universe is quite as suave, sophisticated, skilled, crafty, and lucky. Lando is the man!

Ooh, good choice, He's also the character most like Barry White in the SW universe. I mean, his ship has a red velour interior (all he needs now is a little fireplace, activated by remote control), he is a rich, suave smooth talkin' ladies man, with the most famous mustache in the galaxy. What man wouldn't want to be Lando (except for the occasional act of treachery :)).

I was thinking that if Lando had to have a theme song, it would have to be the Love Theme, by whoelse, but Barry White himself.
E.D.

Darthspectre84
21 June 2003, 09:02 AM
I go for Boba Fett being the coolest :) come one who is cooler in that list then Boba....