PDA

View Full Version : I've got a guess at who's Sidious's Master!!!!

Tossk
21 April 2003, 08:06 AM
The Umbarian ''Adviser''!!!!
The guy in the big white robe, like it was made of feathers.;)
His species is known for manipulation and they are kind of mysterious, Plus the New Order is good to them!B)

Feel free to disprove me!:rolleyes:

Ardent
21 April 2003, 08:47 AM
Sly Moore? Is female. And is not a Force-sensitive character according to the database.

Tossk
21 April 2003, 04:45 PM
Whichever gender, Besides, who would spoil the suprise by giving it away in the databank?;)

Reverend Strone
21 April 2003, 05:33 PM
Well, Sandi Finlay, who plays Sly Moore, certainly isn't aware of any greater plan for her character, and seeing as how she was cast on appearance and not voice-work, I tend to doubt she'll have a part in Ep III big enough to include dialogue. Nice theory, but I tend to doubt it.

I would be very surprised if the issue of Paplatine's master (if he even had one) is addressed in the film. I would be even more surprised if such a character were actually to show up on screen.

Ardent
21 April 2003, 06:16 PM
I agree with the good Reverend. I don't think Palpatine's master is really an issue worth covering, at least right now. ;)

Darth_Cassed
21 April 2003, 06:44 PM
Palpatine's origins could be numerous. Coulda been on the Order. Coulda been self taught from material. Coulda found a holocron. Hard to speculate....then again that's what these threads are for!

Codym
22 April 2003, 01:42 AM
George has always said that Yoda and Palpatine's origins are off limits, at least in his mind, as not to drain the pair of their mystery. And lets face it, any backstory, no matter how well concieved, would be able to do justice to those two.

Tossk
22 April 2003, 05:42 AM
Out of the sientient beings, Sly Moore seems to be the most likely in my mind, but that makes it eaisy to recify any crazy PC killing of palpy, Sly just cooks up another!:D B)

Trandoshan Jedi
22 April 2003, 12:30 PM
You're insane! Well so am I, but thats beside the point. I would like to point out that this has been addressed somewhere, don't remember, but SIdious had a Sith Master, who he killed. Well that's what I've heard

Tossk
22 April 2003, 03:24 PM
If you can find out where I can read up on this, i'd be apprecated!

:D :bothan:I'm a Leiutenant!!! WHEEEEEEEEEE :bothan: :D

Calanthe
22 April 2003, 11:12 PM
...a master, and an apprentice."

Sidious' "master" is certainly no longer around (most probably dead).

Tossk
23 April 2003, 03:01 AM
But where to read on this? On plapy's master....:raised: :?

Ronen Tal-Ravis
23 April 2003, 04:59 AM
I think its either Darth George or Darth Lucas

Tossk
23 April 2003, 02:21 PM
You mean Darth Falnelous?:D ;) No offense, George the Mighty, Just some goo, clean fun....;)

Dalla Madine
1 May 2003, 12:56 PM
All evil brothers scare their evil, insane sisters! lol! But I agree w/the others I don't think that it's who you think it is...... :vader: Sorry 'bout the vader....I think it's cute and represents evil....not Darth Sidious' master I just put it there for fun...and evil purposes!

-Dalla Madine- :daala:

Tossk
1 May 2003, 02:00 PM
Well, in light of that, Who could be his master? Mmm? Not so fast to bring up a point, now are we...:D :) [I'm making mean stats now, that's all...]

Corwin
19 May 2003, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by Ardent
Sly Moore? Is female.

And what does that have to do with anything? While she couldn't be Sidious's master due to the fact she's still alive, and that would make three Sith Lords, the fact she's female dosn't mean anything

In point of fact, Darth Bane's aprentice was a woman, so there you go.

starkiller210
21 May 2003, 01:26 PM
How did palpaine hide his powers from the Jedi, he was right next door to the Council? :(

Admiral_Atredies
21 May 2003, 01:38 PM
Eh, I don't really care who Palpy's master was. Probably killed him second day of training :)

How did palpaine hide his powers from the Jedi, he was right next door to the Council?

Explained in AOTC, when Dooku is talking to Obi-wan in the prison chamber. "...he has clouded their vision my friend..." I do belive those are his words. Also, Macetells how the Jedis powers of vision have become diminished.

Corwin
21 May 2003, 08:34 PM
And don’t forget Yoda’s immortal words of “the Dark Side clouds every thing!”.

It was never really a mystery to me how the Jedi failed to see Palpatine for what he was. The Sith didn’t remain undetected for a thousand years by chance.

MKnote
22 May 2003, 03:47 PM
I didn't even know it was discussed. I thought it is obvoulisy (sp?) Palpatine himself.

Tossk
22 May 2003, 06:13 PM
Palpatine is Sidious..

Corwin
22 May 2003, 08:49 PM
I believe GL has said as much, though he could still be a clone. That would let him do his Sith Lord thing, while not going absent from the seat of government,

Doran
4 June 2003, 03:18 PM
No, I think he "directly" is Sidious. Palpy goes into a little room, dresses up in a huge black robe (with makeup!) and calls Dooku or whatever, then does govermental work (or ungovermental work, like usurping).

As for Palpy's master, I'm not sure who it is, and I don't like guessing at things that haven't been revealed by George the Master himself (like Yoda's species, I actually had my players saying "I wanna be Yoda!!" last week for my new campaign)

Calanthe
27 June 2003, 12:50 AM
How did palpaine hide his powers from the Jedi, he was right next door to the Council?

Possibly for just this very reason.

In EU, Yoda was able to hide from Palp and Vader on Dagobah (sp?) because the dark side emmanations from the cave helped to "cancel out" his light side emanations.

With regards to Palp and the Jedi Order, I'd expect that the high number of light side Jedi being so close to him was probably more than enough to smother his own dark side emanations on the macro level.

Of course, you'd expect that if a Jedi were to focus his senses on Palp that he'd at least get a sense of his evil... And in Ep II, Yoda does give Palp a hesistent, questioning look while in his chambers. But the Sith are master manipulators, and have had centuries to practice the art of hiding, so perhaps there's a bit of force power involved in this on the micro level.