PDA

View Full Version : Who's going to GenCon?

Tossk
22 April 2003, 06:20 AM
Indianna, Socal or Euro, is anyone going to GenCon? I'm planning on going to GenCon Indy. :D My first time. and if I get those avatars ready by then, I'll sell 'em to Network members! good nametags, I say!:D

Rigil Kent
22 April 2003, 06:51 AM
See you there, Tossk! :lukejedi:

Tossk
22 April 2003, 07:07 AM
Oh, what are you going to be doing there? anything special? and how long are you going to be there?;)

Moridin
22 April 2003, 09:58 AM
Rigil is coming as a part of the SWRPGNetwork crew. We're going to have quite a turnout. It's going to be me, Armage Bedar, GMSarli, Rigil Kent, FrobiWanKenobi, and Reverend Strone from the SWRPGNetwork staff, plus the Holonet's own Chris Curtis and our entourage.

Looks like we've got enough people going from the Holonet to try and do something one night as a group.

scottyboy
22 April 2003, 10:04 AM
What are the dates of GenCon this year and where exactly in Indy is it being held? I live in Ohio and might just have to swing by. It would be really nice being able to put faces on some of you guys!

Frobi-Wan Kenobi
22 April 2003, 10:23 AM
April 18 - 21 for GenCon Europe (just missed it)
July 24 - 27 for GenCon Indy (which is a week after my birthday and there's plenty of shopping days left ;))
December 11-14 for GenCon SoCal (since this is a short hop skip and a jump from where I'm at I guess I'll find the time to get down to LA)

Darth_Bingo
22 April 2003, 11:42 AM
Ho! Ho! to Gencon I go...
:cerean:
I'm definetly coming, and I'm in for the Unifying Force game on Sunday. It'll be a nice way to end off the weekend, methinks. My wife might even make an appearance, too...I'll probably be driving down from Toronto with JF Boivin from TheForce.net (http://www.theforce.net).

It'll be nice to finally meet some of you swrpgnetwork (et al.) guys.

Take care,

Darth_Bingo
Author, Secrets of Cerea (http://submissions.swrpgnetwork.com/entry.php?s=&id=1639)

Chris Curtis
22 April 2003, 01:20 PM
As <del>Armage</del> er, Moridin mentioned, I'm going to be joining the 'Network crew for GenCon indy. It's my first GenCon, but not my first con, but I'm still pretty excited.

As everyone else has said, it will be nice to meet the people behind the names.

Tossk
22 April 2003, 01:25 PM
All four days for me. I'm plannign on taking the brother of my friend with me, he's into RPG, mostly White Wolf, but i'll see about that!;)

Reverend Strone
22 April 2003, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Chris Curtis
As Armage mentioned, I'm going to be joining the 'Network crew for GenCon indy. It's my first GenCon, but not my first con, but I'm still pretty excited.

As everyone else has said, it will ne nice to meet the people behind the names.

That's a big ditto for me. :)

Tossk
22 April 2003, 03:19 PM
It's my first Con period. What ought I expect?:)

Shadowdeep
22 April 2003, 03:30 PM
Hey, I'm hoping to. Just working out logistics to make it happen. You can pretty much expect me to attend :D

Moridin
22 April 2003, 03:34 PM
I'm SO not Armage it's not even funny, Chris. ;)

Tossk
22 April 2003, 03:46 PM
I think the Admins deserve free badges for their hard work!:D
Those confusing little blue, yellow, and red blocks!:rolleyes:

Chris Curtis
22 April 2003, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by Moridin
I'm SO not Armage it's not even funny, Chris. ;)

Touche. Touche. You'll notice that I've now corrected myself in the above post. ...and not only did I correct myself, but I left evidence of my stupidity! :D

Frobi-Wan Kenobi
22 April 2003, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by Chris Curtis
As everyone else has said, it will be nice to meet the people behind the names.

Wait, people are going to see me?!?!?!? Well . . . then . . . I'll just have to attend GenCon in Rick Swan attire (whoever can remember his guides to GenCon gets a gold star).

Moridin
25 April 2003, 06:31 PM
Rick Swan....Wizard Magazine?

Frobi-Wan Kenobi
25 April 2003, 07:31 PM
I think that he works for Wizard now but I first heard of Rick Swine, er, I mean Swan while reading Inquest Magazine way back in the day. Many probably remember the Swan's Song at the end of those mags, sometimes I used to pick up an issue just for that article.

Well, in issue 32 December 1997 there is an article called "Tour of GenCon - Rick Swan Visits the World's Biggest Game Convention." And in every picture Rick has either a brown paper bag or a censored dot over his whole head (not to mention all the hilarious jokes about the gaming industry). I know that OverLord remembers becasue we compared your article in the first re-issue of the SWOJ to it.

Anyway, off to find a brown paper bag. . . ;)

OStephens
26 April 2003, 12:49 PM
I certainly plan to hit GenCon Indy, and am also looking forward to meeting some new people. Last year I got to say hi to a lot of the SWRPGNetwork staff in person for the first time (and got interviewed by them, which was fun). I hope to meet a lot more people this year, and probably hang out with the staff again (since they were so much fun last time).

If some official swrpgnetwork get-together occurs, I'll definately want to make it. Until the seminars go up on the schedule though (and I get time to look through them), I can't be sure when I'll be free. Of course not many seminars occur in the evening, so I'd likely be free then.

Moridin
26 April 2003, 01:03 PM
Ah, right, Inquest. I loved that magazine because they did some wacky things for RPGs, but then they went all CCG. I remember Swan's Song, but I don't know if I read the GenCon one. What was similar about it and my "Idiot's Guide to GenCon" article?

And Owen's right, we had a blast hanging out last year and talking shop. I'm about 99.9% positive we'll try to get an organized SWRPGNetwork get-together to happen. Last year we met a couple of people at the SWRPG seminar, but a bunch of others didn't know who we were or didn't come say hi. With the large number of people we know are going this year, we're definitely going to have to find some place to have a gathering.

Dr_Worm
26 April 2003, 03:24 PM
Man...you guys are killing me! I really want to go, just so I can meet y'all in person. Gaming would be fun too.

Tossk
26 April 2003, 03:34 PM
What? are you not going? I would like to see what you all look like...;)

Dr_Worm
26 April 2003, 03:39 PM
A walking talking worm with a righteous fro! Well who wouldn't?

actually unless I can buddy up with someone from Washington or Oregon that is going and wiling to drive all the way to indiana (2200 miles, 37 hours dirving time one way), I am pretty stuck. I have a vegas batchelor pary I hve to make it to in june, and a cali wedding a few days after that. My travel budget is pretty thin.

Tossk
26 April 2003, 03:47 PM
Well, I'd help if I wasn't on the other end of the contenient...:(

Dalla Madine
8 May 2003, 12:37 PM
As Tossk knows, I REALLY want to go, but can't...:( *sniff sniff* Oh well.....maybe next time. But Tx. and Indy are pretty far apart,although we went to Oshkosh which is even farther so why can't I go to indy!!! :rolleyes: Oh well, I never will understand my 'rents!!! :D

-Dalla Madine- :daala:

wolverine
9 May 2003, 03:10 AM
<<But Tx. and Indy are pretty far apart,although we went to Oshkosh which is even farther so why can't I go to indy!!! >>

You think that is far???? Even when i was stationed in bahrain (just of the coast of saudi arabia), i still would go to Gencon. I will be there this year (as well as origins) in indy. And i MIGHT be going to Gencon socal...

Rouge8
9 May 2003, 06:47 PM
I will be going to GenCon this year again, except this year I have a friend's dad taking me and him, instead of my dad taking me and him.
At least I am pretty sure i am going. Problem is, I will not be limited to as much money as my dad is willing to spend on me. I will be limited to how much my parents give me.

whiteraven1983
20 July 2003, 08:59 AM
I'm taking my group and playing in three of the undying force campiagns