PDA

View Full Version : *Spoilers* Rumor about the New Jedi Order

RevengeOssus87
22 April 2003, 09:17 AM
hey y'all...
i was reading the latest edition of Star Wars Insider, and if anyone has read it, it was saying that there might be a very surprising ending to the NJO series. in addition to that, my friend (whose parents are friends with Mikael A. Stackpole, an NJO {and other eras} author), heard from his parents from M.A.S. that:

someone was going to steal the Alpha Red bioweapon and use it on the Yuuzhan Vong....and that it would backfire on the galaxy's regulars.

(Edited by Moderator to hide potential spoilers - Highlight the area in the box above to read)

whaddya think? i dunno about it, and it might just be a stupid rumor, but i was wondering if anyone else heard about it.

Jim Williams
22 April 2003, 09:28 AM
Hadn't heard it. I'd like the series to end with Luke pulling a Kenobi sacrifice, and then his spirit guiding a Jedi as a sneak attack is carried out by a lone squadron of Jedi X-wings against the target that will end the war. And I'd like to see some big ones die here at the end in that attack...Jagged, Corran, Kyp for starters.

Wesly Senesca
22 April 2003, 10:34 AM
And I'd like to see some big ones die here at the end in that attack...Jagged, Corran, Kyp for starters.

My, my, my...
Aren't we bloodthirsty?

As for the rumor, though I've never heard of it, I like the idea of Stackpole writing the finale.
By the way: Alpha Red bioweapon? What the hell?

Trandoshan Jedi
22 April 2003, 12:07 PM
I never heard that rumor before

Frobi-Wan Kenobi
22 April 2003, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Wesly Senesca
As for the rumor, though I've never heard of it, I like the idea of Stackpole writing the finale.
By the way: Alpha Red bioweapon? What the hell?

Stackpole isn't writing the finale or any other New Jedi Order books. Aside from Sean Williams & Shane Dix, whose 2nd book in the Force Heretic Trilogy is due out next week, Greg Keyes and James Luceno are the authors finishing up the NJO.

Alpha Red is discussed at lenght in Destiny's Way.

Kanner Ra'an
22 April 2003, 04:50 PM
I know where in for a shocking end but i highly douht Lukes gonna die. They wanted to do that earlier but Lucas vetoed it. I think the big surprise at the end wont involve death. We will eitheir stop being shocked or rebel and kill them all(I <draws blaster carbine> vote for the second :D). But i do think a few extra's have to die, like maybe Jag, Kyp, the bothan race, the gungun race, the Ewoks, C-3P0 (Has he been in more then one chapter) Tahri, Boba Fett, the senate,the senator's aides, the senator's housekeepers.

Just a few.

Wesly Senesca
22 April 2003, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by FrobiWanKenobi:
Stackpole isn't writing the finale or any other New Jedi Order books. Aside from Sean Williams & Shane Dix, whose 2nd book in the Force Heretic Trilogy is due out next week, Greg Keyes and James Luceno are the authors finishing up the NJO.

oh.

and...

Originally posted by FrobiWanKenobi: Alpha Red is discussed at lenght in Destiny's Way.

haven't gotten there yet (damn you college and your required readings!)

Kanner Ra'an
22 April 2003, 06:58 PM
haven't gotten there yet (damn you college and your required readings!)

If you read one of Jacen Solos force rants you can claim it as philosophy (sp) class.

Nova Spice
22 April 2003, 08:28 PM
Aside from Sean Williams & Shane Dix, whose 2nd book in the Force Heretic Trilogy is due out next week, Greg Keyes and James Luceno are the authors finishing up the NJO.

Wait, wait, I though Force Heretic II: Refugee wasn't due out until late May/early June? This is great news! Do you know the exact release date Frobi? :D

Frobi-Wan Kenobi
22 April 2003, 09:02 PM
Force Heretic II: Refugee - 29 April 2003
Force Heretic II: Reunion - 1 July 2003
The Final Prophecy - October 2003
The Unifying Force - November 2003

According to all of my sources these dates are correct at this time.

RevengeOssus87
23 April 2003, 04:34 AM
Alright thanks, and judging by the answers i guess that the rumor is completely false....but oh well i guess i gotta go beat up my friend for telling me a bad rumor....(whack whack) thanks y'all8o

Ardent
23 April 2003, 07:38 AM
I'd heard the rumor, but I dismissed it very quickly based on a few things.

First, if you've ever signed an NDA and actually read it, you know that the company essentially has you by the hoohahs. I seriously doubt Mr. Stackpole would so greivously breach his contract with Del Rey and Lucasfilm so casually. Secondly, this comes through as a friend-of-a-friend-of-a-friend kind of rumor, usually the type of rumor I associate with having the least chance of being true. Lastly, I think Del Rey is savvy enough to know that something like that wouldn't just kill a lot of characters people have grown fond of, but would kill the community's support for Del Rey in a significant way. That could lose them the Lucasfilm license, which is a bad thing for them (Star Wars novels are hardcore moneymakers).

Admiral Noshow
23 April 2003, 10:34 PM
Oh I hope the Alpha Red gets out. tech those jerks that we can fight back with their own weapons.Oh and bout it effecting the gaactic population....ever heard the ord quarantine?:D ;)

Wedge in Red2
24 April 2003, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by Ardent

First, if you've ever signed an NDA and actually read it, you know that the company essentially has you by the hoohahs.

An NDA is a Non Disclosure Agreement for those of you not familiar with the terminology. As Ardent says, they are generally along the lines of "if you tell anyone anything about this, we'll sue the crap out of you".

Jon

mojo1701
24 April 2003, 12:51 PM
I just hope that I don't see anything like "Ben Skywalker is the Chosen One of the Yuuzhan Vong gods, and that he will lead them to peace with the rest of the galaxy" or something like that.

Jedi Master Talon
2 May 2003, 05:30 AM
Real funny Kanner but no I've never heard that rumor. I also doubt it's true though but hey it could be.

Tramp
18 May 2003, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by mojo1701
I just hope that I don't see anything like "Ben Skywalker is the Chosen One of the Yuuzhan Vong gods, and that he will lead them to peace with the rest of the galaxy" or something like that.

I doubt that very highly. Ben is still going to be just a toddler by the end of the NJO, I'm guessing (if my calculations are correct) no moer than three years old, if that.