PDA

View Full Version : Assasination Attempt?

RevengeOssus87
24 April 2003, 04:22 AM
I heard that at one time along the Empire era, there was an attempt to assasinate/kidnap/hit-with-a-pointy-stick/tickle Emperor Palpatine. I can verify this though.....whaddy'all know about it? I heard the name Aryden Lyn had to do with it, but i dunno. :?

Deck
24 April 2003, 06:11 AM
I think you are referring to <b>Arden Lyn</b>. You can read about her in the <i>essential Chronology</i> and in <i>SW Gamer No. 5</i>.

Here is what I know:

She was a <i>teras kasi</i> Master but was one day defeated by the Jedi Master Pina. However, her strong connection to the Dark Side of the Force kept her living. During the time of Palpatine's Jedi Purges she woke up again and then captured by High Inquisitor Tremayne. Yet, she was able to escape again.

Another Inquisitor found her finally once more, Torbin. Realizing her connection with the Force, he brought her to Palpatine who made her one of his "Hands".

But around the time of the Battle of Yavin she defected. She left the Empire and Palpatine in order to train her own students. There she also tried to help Admiral Zaarin to kidnap Emperor Palpatine. But the attempt failed due to the skills of High Inquisitor Tremayne.

She had to flee, but still hoped to defeat the Empire one day.

That's it. Hope it helps you! :)

Faraer
25 April 2003, 11:35 AM
The "Betrayal" arc of the Empire comic (#1-4) also concerns an Imperial plot against the Emperor and Darth Vader. I haven't read it yet (the trade paperback is scheduled for July).

Corwin
23 May 2003, 02:04 PM
Empire: Betrayal is one of the best EU stories ever told. The plot involved a group of high-ranking Imperals who felt that the Sith (Vader and Palpatine) were more of a threat to the Empire then the Rebels or even the now-extinct Jedi. They therefore conspired to assassinate the Emperor, but to do so (and to make the coup successful) also had to eliminate Vader.