PDA

View Full Version : [Spoiler] Episode III Wookie news

maxkuney
24 April 2003, 11:33 AM
http://www.starwars.com/episode-ii/news/2003/04/news20030423.html

It will be good to see the walking fur ball, once again. :)

Max

Nova Spice
24 April 2003, 12:13 PM
Chewbacca will return to the big screen! That's great news! This should simmer down some of those still upset over his demise in Vector Prime! :D

Moose
24 April 2003, 12:17 PM
That makes me very happy indeed:D I was one of those people that was saddened by the death of our favorite furball and will be ecstatic to get him back on the silver screen. Maybe we will even see more than just Chewie, which would be wooktastic;)

maxkuney
24 April 2003, 12:27 PM
Yep, I thought this was good news as well. The nice thing about adding Chewie to Ep III, is they can do it fairly easily. Now, if they tried to add a young Han Solo to the movie I think they would have some trouble. Maybe a computer generated Harrison Ford? :P

Reverend Strone
24 April 2003, 02:55 PM
Thanks for posting a spoiler warning maxkuney. Excellent exercising of holonet etiquette and consideration.B)

This topic is also being covered in another thread found here. (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12233)

Talonne Hauk
25 April 2003, 11:54 PM
It would be tough to put Han Solo in Episode III. After all, he wouldn't have been born yet.

Ardent
26 April 2003, 06:56 AM
A young Han Solo would be a toddler, meaning he'd be in the company of his real parents most likely. Remember, Han is a good decade older than Luke and Leia, and we're being forced to assume that they're born sometime during Episode III. So Han would have been born about 10 years prior to that. We dunno how long the Clone Wars are going to be yet...but we'll see.

Jacen13
27 April 2003, 05:19 PM
Ahem, cue appropriate music *Hallelujiah Chorus begins playing (Ha-allelujiah, hallelujiah, hall-lle-e-ll-uiah!)*
That is awesome! I really can't wait until the new realy starts to come in. :D

:wookiee: ! :wookiee: ! :wookiee: !

Talonne Hauk
27 April 2003, 06:20 PM
Oops, my bad on the age. I was thinking, like an idiot (and for no reason whatsoever), that Episode II followed Episode I immediately. Anyhow, I think it would be a mistake to include Han Solo in the prequels. Part of his charm was that he rose to prominence from nowhere. He's the representation of the Everyman, so to speak. Although it would be cool to see Chewbacca. I'm full of contradictions that way.:wookiee: :rolleyes: :hansolo:

maxkuney
27 April 2003, 07:13 PM
No problem. That was just a feeble attempt at humor on my part. :)

Max

Codym
27 April 2003, 07:20 PM
This has the potential to be cool, but I'm going to wait and see how and why he appears (a long wait, I know.) And I agree with Talonne Hauk, Han's intro should be left until A New Hope.

Vreel Kudarin
29 April 2003, 08:40 AM
The first I heard of this was a couple of days ago in my local paper, the article took up all of page 2, with a huge picture of everyone's favourite resident of Kashyyyk holding his bowcaster. the headline was: CHEWIE'S BACCA!

And he will be played by good old Peter Mayhew! Initially I'm pleased at the news, I just hope Episode III doesn't dissapoint me in the way Episode II did.

I have a brilliant idea of how to seamlessly include Chewie. He can meet Jar Jar, see how the fool has brought about the fall of the Republic, as well as how generally annoying he is, and tear Binks's arms out of their sockets - thus justifying Han's claim in Episode IV that Wookiee's pull people's arms out of their sockets when they are upset. Perfect.

:wookiee: vs. :gungan: - The Eternal Battle...

That's why my bet's on the title: 'Episode III: Wrath of the Wookiee'.

Tramp
30 April 2003, 10:53 AM
I have to agree that it is going to be great to see the "walking carpet" back on the big screen again.

Sasche
1 May 2003, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Vreel Kudarin

:wookiee: vs. :gungan: - The Eternal Battle...

That's why my bet's on the title: 'Episode III: Wrath of the Wookiee'.

I would disagree with "The Eternal Battle..."

I would think that it would rank among the Shortest Battle to ever occur at any time Past, Present,or Future, in the entire Star Wars Galaxy or any other Galaxy for that matter.

And, now that you bring it up, why haven't the wookies, or anyone else for that matter, hunted Jar Jar down and painfully killed him for ruining the Star Wars franchise?

--Ok... I admit, I'm a little bitter. But I really do hate Jar Jar that much, I guess!

Codym
5 May 2003, 06:42 AM
Originally posted by Sasche

And, now that you bring it up, why haven't the wookies, or anyone else for that matter, hunted Jar Jar down and painfully killed him for ruining the Star Wars franchise?

--Ok... I admit, I'm a little bitter. But I really do hate Jar Jar that much, I guess!

I know a lot of people dislike Jar Jar, but he's hardly "ruined" the franchise. But then, there was the mass condemnation of Episode II based on what essential was a cameo...

As for Chewie, I began wondering about his appearance. First I thought it would kinda cool if he was to be shown during the enslavement of the Wookiees, but then I realised this would leave too big of a gap between that and his appearance in A New Hope. I know we know vaguely what happened, but non-EU readers would be totally lost, especially if its made clear that it is Chewbacca.

So I wondered, want could be the alternatives? Thatís when I realised my biggest mistake. I had promised myself I wouldn't give this much thought until more info was available, but here I am, trying to come up with scenarios for a cameo in a film we only know the broadest of outlines.

What a headache...