PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Ganner or Corran?

Adesh Gundeep
27 April 2003, 07:50 AM
I just had to ask. Which do you prefer?

It's all Ganner for me!!!:D ;)

farr0095
27 April 2003, 08:42 AM
Until the book Traitor, I would have voted Corran any day of the week. Ganner's character flaws that the NJO authors capitalized on just bugged me to the core. But I loved what Matthew Woodring Stover did with him, and he has since become one of my favorite supporting characters in the series.

Dr_Worm
27 April 2003, 12:13 PM
Man, Ganner is a Punk! ;) Horn all the way, best jedi ever.

Codym
27 April 2003, 03:09 PM
Concidering Ganner's populatity seems based only on his exit from the series, I'd find it very hard to vote for someone who has otherwise been a non-entity for the bulk of the series. And Corran rocks.

Nova Spice
27 April 2003, 06:33 PM
Gotta go with both! :D

Concidering Ganner's populatity seems based only on his exit from the series, I'd find it very hard to vote for someone who has otherwise been a non-entity for the bulk of the series.

I disagree about Ganner being a "non-entity" for the series.

He plays a major role in:

-Dark Tide I: Onslaught
-Star by Star
-Traitor

He has a supporting role in:

-Dark Tide II: Ruin
-Agents of Chaos I: Hero's Trial
-Agents of Chaos II: Jedi Eclipse
-Enemy Lines I: Rebel Dream

That's seven novels that feature him extensively. IMO, Ganner has been the most prolific of the "new" Jedi characters for the series. ;)

Codym
27 April 2003, 07:01 PM
Actually, for a NJO guru, I'm surprised at you, Nova. He's appeared in seven, but was only a supporting charater in Onslaught and Star by Star, though he was one of the few actual major players in Traitor (his biggest roll.) He's made minor appearences in the others, but has otherwise failed to distinguish himself other than his bridge scene.

Corran, on the other hand, has been a major player in numerous Star Wars novels, and has a fully fleshed out character. To me, this is like comparing Han Solo to Ric Olie. :)

Needles
28 April 2003, 06:39 AM
For most of the reasons that have already been stated i have to go with Corran. Even though he was in a bunch of books, Ganner was just a warm body in the background for most of them, thus his personality was never developed into something very likable until he pulled his homage to gandalf and checked out.

Nova Spice
28 April 2003, 05:52 PM
Actually, for a NJO guru, I'm surprised at you, Nova. He's appeared in seven, but was only a supporting charater in Onslaught and Star by Star, though he was one of the few actual major players in Traitor (his biggest roll.)

You shouldn't be! Ganner was extensively involved in the mission to Bimmiel with Corran, and actually saved Corran's life. He was a major character, not a supporting character. Gavin Darklighter or Kral Nevil were examples of supporting characters in that novel.

In Star by Star, Ganner was the ploy for the Jedi strike team mission and played pivotal roles in keeping the strike team together along with Anakin Solo. Again, a supporting character from that novel would have been someone like Jovan Drark or Eryl Besa.

Perhaps we just disagree on our definition of supporting and major? :D

Darth_Cassed
2 May 2003, 09:28 PM
I'd say Ganner. It's just my style. Dark side, shoot first ask questions later, Han Solo, guns blazing.....

Lucas Carr
2 May 2003, 10:23 PM
I only have three NJO novels and right now the name Ganner doesn't ring a bell (not very much anyway), but Horn I know and like.

Nova Spice
4 May 2003, 11:24 AM
I only have three NJO novels and right now the name Ganner doesn't ring a bell (not very much anyway), but Horn I know and like.

Which novels do you possess Lucas? Ganner Rhysode makes his first appearance in the second novel (Dark Tide I: Onslaught) and is also in the third novel (Dark Tide II: Ruin).

Ganner's appearances:

-Dark Tide I: Onslaught
-Dark Tide II: Ruin
-Agents of Chaos I: Hero's Trial
-Agents of Chaos II: Jedi Eclipse
-Star by Star
-Dark Journey
-Enemy Lines I: Rebel Dream
-Traitor

Lucas Carr
5 May 2003, 04:49 AM
I have both Vector Prime and both Dark Tide novels, but I haven't read them for a very long time. So the name doesn't give me much.

Dea-Ev Dacal
8 May 2003, 04:19 PM
Corran Horn, I mean so many contributing factors made this choice
He is corellian
His real grandpa was a jedi
He is a Jedi (one of the greatest)
He has a silver lightsaber
He possess' some of the rarest jedi powers
Saved an academy student during an exercise with his rare force power
He married Mirax Terrak a relative to Booster Terrak, need I say more
He is a hotshot snubfighter pilot
He has some of the strongest moral character I've seen in a SW character
Every book he's been in has been a SW classic
He beat Ysanne Isard :rguard: :isard: :rguard:, one of the evilest Imperials to grace the EU

Corran Horn all the way!
E.D.
p.s. haven't gooten time to read NJO book sso I don't kno wwhat his role is with the YV invasion, but, i'm sure that those would be added to the list.

SilverBlade
13 May 2003, 07:02 AM
Corran ALL the way! Just check out my UN and you will know how I feel.

mojo1701
14 May 2003, 05:47 PM
Corran all the way!

I especially liked him in I, Jedi.

And that thing with Admiral Tavira... But, good for him that he didn't forget about his wife. I admire that. He found another way. What was the quote, "Easy is not the Jedi"? I can't remember.