PDA

View Full Version : Da Bad Dark Jedi

RevengeOssus87
28 April 2003, 04:36 AM
In the book rogue planet, I think there is a plot hole. Tarkin was there, right? well, if he was, he probably took records of it. yet in the NJO, they are now looking for it and couldn't they try to access any kind of records to find its hyperspace trajectory?

Codym
28 April 2003, 05:10 AM
Er, I don't think the plot hole is in Rogue Planet, but its NJO follow up (unread by me.)

Jim Williams
28 April 2003, 07:38 AM
Tarkin kept all that stuff in his Personal Datapad. It never left his side.
So Luke should head to Yavin...

Quite a bit of Empire information could have been destroyed as it crumbled too.

Ardent
28 April 2003, 11:16 AM
Well, that and the planet moved shortly after the Rogue Planet incident, so that information would be moot, except as a starting point (which they already had more or less thanks to Vergere).

Nova Spice
28 April 2003, 05:48 PM
Er, I don't think the plot hole is in Rogue Planet, but its NJO follow up (unread by me.)

Well if you haven't read it, how would you know it's the NJO's fault? :raised:

Anyway, to the question at hand. For those of us actually reading the Force Heretic trilogy, Zonama Sekot actually disappeared from it's old location and hasn't been seen in over five decades.

As far as Tarkin goes, anything he had on the world perished when the Death Star blew to smithereens. ;) :)

:ds2:

AthonRogue
23 May 2003, 10:16 AM
Another thing to consider is how easily info is lost in the Star Wars universe. Take how quickly nearly all data on the Jedi was purged not only from the libraries and databanks but from general knowledge as well. Within 50 years they became the stuff of legends and fairy tales.
Then there are all the other examples of entire systems being erased from the records. Kamino, Wayland, The Deep Core. Also Tarkin was an ambicious man. He may have had plans for the rogue planet.