PDA

View Full Version : Jacen or Jaina?

RevengeOssus87
28 April 2003, 04:46 AM
Who's a better character, Jacen or Jaina? I personally liked Jaina the best for the first NJO books from the beginning to Dark Journey.....but then Jacen turned from being a weak, annoying, whining, debating, loserish jedi, to a kick-@$$, Yuuzhan-Vong defeating, Planet Brain controlling, Red Tide wielding, Awesome-dude Jedi. He is better now than Jaina: plus, I think Jaina's character was getting flat....all the time all she does is fight in the X-wing. then, for fun, she fights in the X-Wing. If she has any free time after that, she fights in the X-wing. so i dunno. I'm torn between the Jaina from before and the Jacen now.

TuskenJedi
28 April 2003, 11:49 AM
Respectfully, RevengeOssus87, I think that Jaina is not a flat character. I really think she rocks. She is a very talented X-Wing fighter. Granted, in the last two books, she was a bit, fire-the-lasers-and-hope-I-hit-the-target, and a little dramatic with all the "death has come for me again" stuff, but she can give heck with her 'saber, which is violet and that is a cool color. She also has very strong emotional and Force shields, plus, she killed Tsavong Lah and I very strongly disliked that dude. So, I dunno, but I like her better than Jacen, who, although he had the spotlight in Traitor, was a very weak character before that. All he did was argue with Anakin about the role of a Jedi before that.

Jim Williams
28 April 2003, 01:22 PM
Jacen.

I'm seeing a thread trend here.

Kanner Ra'an
28 April 2003, 02:02 PM
I have always thought their was more to Jacens character then Jainas. In general he can beat any jedi around rght now IMHO. He could probably give his sister a run for her money in a starfighter, and he can use the force on the Vong. Plus hes managed to win over an older woman, how can ya beat that.

Crymoon
28 April 2003, 11:15 PM
It's a bit like arguing who is better Yoda or Mace...
they are different characters although they both are Jedi... Who would win ina Fight - probably Jacen - who would win in a starship battle - think Jaina...

I understand that we ant to know who is better but it reminds me of my RPG begining when everybody in my group (all new to RPG) were trying to see who is better among them... mostly by killing their PCs...

And as they are both Jedi.. I don't think it's important for them who is more powerful...

Didin't want to hurt anyone's feeling... If I did disregard this notice...

Kyndig_Episte
29 April 2003, 02:46 PM
well i like jania better than jacen only becuase jania is a pilot and a member or rogue squadron. plus i like tha fact the she delved into the darkside for a small amount of time.

ElfWord
30 April 2003, 08:47 AM
Jaina is an amazingly awesome pilot, and in a space drama that really counts for a lot. Also, the trickster goddess personality and internal conflict the dark side adds a lot to her character. Being Han's favorite child, I think she's the best of the two currently, but I have hopes for Jacen becoming even better than Luke.

Sirec Tyrak
30 April 2003, 10:57 AM
I have to say they both are great characters. Jacen was kind of irritating at the beginning of the series but he got better after the YV took him. Jaina on the other hand was always cool. She reminds me of Luke a little. She crossed the line from light to dark but she didnít let it destroy her that was cool.

Dalla Madine
5 May 2003, 12:54 PM
Jacen...he's sounds cute, has a way w/animals and has a life beyond repairing things. I mean Jaina is awesome too, but I lean towards Jacen. (Plus I'm a girl what did ya expect!) but Jacen just seems kinda cool, and in the first few books I wasn't sure either,but I read on and yeah. Jacen kicks butt all the way! No offense to anyone who prefers Jaina. Anyhoozles that would be my opinion! That's all....this is Dalla signing off!

-Dalla Madine- :daala:

(Sorry....I'm really hyper and feel like being weird! lol)

starkiller210
7 May 2003, 01:07 PM
Jacen nd Jaina are both great characters, but a different things. + right know Jaina is kinda of busy with Jag Fel

VixenofVenus
7 May 2003, 02:21 PM
Oh ... I mean ... Jaina.

Heck, she was even the major baddie villian at the end of our last SWRPG. (It was many years after the Yuuzhan Vong were sent scurrying from the galaxy).