PDA

View Full Version : Tycho Celchu

RevengeOssus87
28 April 2003, 09:25 AM
I heard that you can see Typho in ANH. is this true?

Frobi-Wan Kenobi
28 April 2003, 10:08 AM
While I haven't heard about seeing Tycho in Episode IV (especially considering that he was still an Imperial Pilot at the time and not stationed either on the Death Star or with Vader's Fleet that be a long jump for me). However, you do see him in Episode VI. He's flying the A-Wing that follows Wedge into the Second Death Star superstructure and he's only line after Lando tells them to split up and head back to the surface is "Copy, Gold Leader."

Faraer
28 April 2003, 10:36 AM
http://www.decipher.com/starwars/cardlists/deathstar2/light/large/tychocelchu.html

Nova Spice
28 April 2003, 05:44 PM
He's flying the A-Wing that follows Wedge into the Second Death Star superstructure and he's only line after Lando tells them to split up and head back to the surface is "Copy, Gold Leader."

I didn't think that was Tycho. I thought that guy was Tycho's wingman (Green Two)? From what I understand, and I may be wrong, Tycho was the A-wing behind that guy who was flying next to the Y-wing when they split up and went back to the surface.

And as Faraer pointed out, Tycho is standing in the back of the briefing room, as seen on Decipher's CCG. :D

Kyndig_Episte
28 April 2003, 07:23 PM
tycho didn't join the rebellion untill after episode 4. the reason he left was due to the fact that after tarkin destroyed alderaan while tycho was speaking to his family. after he joined he was one of the ground troops on hoth and then joined rogue squadron after that. he then chose to pilot one of the new awings at the bettle of endor and the rejoined rogue squadron after that, just in time to be in the comics series that start sometime after the movies. this all is told in the first couple novels of the rogue squadron series written by micheal stakpole.

starkiller210
7 May 2003, 12:46 PM
He's flying the A-Wing that follows Wedge into the Second Death Star superstructure and he's only line after Lando tells them to split up and head back to the surface is "Copy, Gold Leader."

You're right he is the one that is flying the a-wing, In the book X-Wing: Rogue Squadren Wedge insists that Tycho should be able to join Rogue Squadren and using thiis incident to show his trust in him.:xwing: :wedge: :janson:

Dea-Ev Dacal
8 May 2003, 06:30 PM
Poor Tycho, it took so many people so long to trust him, and the trust came at the cost of his one love. He was the one following Lando, I love how thay can spawn such a deep character out of "Copy gold leader".
E.D.

Sasche
8 May 2003, 07:17 PM
Michael A. Stackpole's official site has a F.A.Q. on it which explains who Tycho is. Or more importantly why he chose the specific A wing to be Tycho.

http://www.stormwolf.com/data/masfaq.htm

I'm not sure what I can or cannot quote, so I provided the link as to Stackpole's explanation from his own words.

Nova Spice
8 May 2003, 08:25 PM
Thanks for the link Sasche. I thought I'd paste this to prove my point that the pilot who said: "Copy that, Gold Leader." was not Tycho Celchu.

In RETURN OF THE JEDI there is a point in the Death Star when several fighters are ordered back to the surface to pull some of the TIE fighters off Lando and Wedge. Tycho is in the second A-wing to make that run. (The first A-wing's pilot is shown and he didn't look like Tycho to me, so I picked the second pilot, whom you do not see.)

-Michael A. Stackpole

Dea-Ev Dacal
9 May 2003, 07:06 PM
Nova, I checked it out and... you were right. That wasn't Tycho, that cleared a small but important misconception for me. Now they have a spawned a great deep character out of no lines whatsoever, even better.
E.D.