PDA

View Full Version : For the Baron!

Nova Spice
29 April 2003, 07:11 PM
Because I have some semblance of a conscious and I basically am drugged up on medication (yay for Lortab!), I figured I'd start a new thread for ya Bob! I noticed your cry for some activity in the Raptor Squad forums, so I thought, "Heck, why not help the poor fella out, and while you're at, you can pop a couple of pain killers too!"

So, my question, or topic if you prefer, is what's the next big plan for Raptor Squad? Where's the campaign heading? Any big updates planned? How are the sessions going? How's the group doing? Etc, etc, etc......

:D

BRodgers
30 April 2003, 05:45 AM
Lortabs RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did ya have some dental work done Nova ? Thats normally when I get my stash refilled.

Anyway....

Thanks for the interest! Sometimes I wonder just how many people check out our site!!!

As far as your questions...I got some time to kill as well, so I'll go into some detail for the kids at home.

1) What is the "next big plan for Raptor Squad?

Well, right now the gaming group is taking a break for a month or two...just a conflict of schedules and things like that. But, once we do get back to gaming in the midsummer it will also be time for our annual Raptor Squad Cookout!

It's great fun..we grill out, have drinks and game for the better part of the day..then kick back on the deck and talk gaming into the night. What better way to spend a nice summer day?

2) Where is the campaign heading?

Well, as the gamelog fiction is still about 2 years behind, I dont want to give much away..but I will say this:

Our game has become more "underworld" oriented, with some of the mainstays of Raptor Squad not being around anymore (no spoilers just yet as to why). Overall, it's proven to be a lot of fun.

3. Any big updates planned?

Well, we have one this weekend actually! Granted, it's not heavy on RPG material...it's actually some fiction by one of our members and a Brand New Darned Near Epic Duels! which I hope everyone digs. This time around, our resident Trianni, Baal, takes on one of the baddest "cats" in the galaxy.

As far as "big" updates...we have a HGE update coming this summer! You can look forward to a Whole new slew of Netfali Arms Weapons and Equipment, LOTS of new fiction, New DNED's and a VERY COOL feature you aren't going to find on any other SWRPG site!!!!!

Oh and the site will have a slightly updated look as well.

So! I hope that stirs some interest for everyone out there, and, as always we dig hearing from you and getting your feedback! So keep it coming!

:lando:

elfgirl1973
30 April 2003, 07:01 AM
Yeah, we're working in earnest now to get the gamelogs caught up. Maybe by the end of the summer we'll finally get to the one where Khara Doone gets introduced. She's been up on the site since we launched a couple of years ago (along with Xander the Tapani noble) but since the gamelogs have been so far behind, you haven't seen either one of them yet. Bob and I are gearing up for a nice vacation starting next week and while he's typing madly on the computer I will be helping out a lot with the artwork. We're hoping to get a big chunk done,

Darklighter
30 April 2003, 10:23 AM
Hey, that's great news, guys! I've been wondering if Vic ever resolves the situation with his terminus persona - but don't tell me! Love the site, and I hope you all have a great cook-out. :)

BRodgers
30 April 2003, 10:54 AM
Hey thanks Sean!

I wont give anything away, but I will say that the Terminus situation gets a lot more interesting and some twists occur that I never saw coming! Definitely some interesting reading ahead!

Thanks for the support man!!!!

Nova Spice
30 April 2003, 07:07 PM
Did ya have some dental work done Nova ? Thats normally when I get my stash refilled

Uh....yea.....yep, sure did! :D *whistles inconspicuously*

Anyway, glad to hear things are going as planned Bob! ;) I hope Raptor Squad continues to grow and I hope your group keeps going strong!

P.S. The Cookout sounds like a blast! It almost makes me envy you.....almost.. :P

BRodgers
4 May 2003, 08:08 PM
Ah I lied!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trust me everyone I didnt mean to. We were supposed to have an update this weekend but due to an impending vacation and my lack of time I'm afraid the update will have to wait.

Dont worry..as always it will be worth it. One of the setbacks is due to me giving Elfgirl some last minute art assignments....I've seen the previews and trust me...it's great stuff!

So, you can look for the update to be later in the month. Sorry about that folks.

baal
5 May 2003, 07:39 PM
I am positive any artwork will be worth it. Speak of happenings, i think i need to change my nick here :(. AND for the record you should be jealous of the baron's cookin'.

Nova Spice
5 May 2003, 07:47 PM
AND for the record you should be jealous of the baron's cookin'.

We'll see baal......we'll see..... *shakes fist sinisterly*

Note: It's doubtful that I will ever truly be able to discern whether or not I should be jealous of Bob's cookout due to the logistics of our respected dwellings and the impracticality of traveling such a great distance. ;)

Other Note: Because of these problems, it is only sensible to assume that the Baron's cookout is truly one of a kind and therefore destroys other RPG groups in the category of "most unique event."

Other Other Note: I'm still on lortab.

:D :P

BRodgers
6 May 2003, 05:49 AM
You are about to let the "cat" out of the "bag" aren't you Baal ?

Ba-dum-bump

Ah, and don't be so sure Nova ...Alabama isn't THAT far away....

Smell them...smell the sweet scent of barbecued slow cooked Lil' Smokies as it drfits South towards your homestead....

MMmmmmmmmmmmmm......

baal
8 May 2003, 06:36 PM
Look out nova!

The Baron is stalking you for your bounty of lora-tabs or is it for some other reason like locking you in his basement and testing out all his new jokes before he brings them to the board?

Nova Spice
13 May 2003, 08:38 PM
The Baron is stalking you for your bounty of lora-tabs or is it for some other reason like locking you in his basement and testing out all his new jokes before he brings them to the board?

*Shudders*

Would this be a fate worse than death? Let's hope I never have to find out. :D :P

BRodgers
20 May 2003, 05:52 AM
Lets just be clear that I live in a bi-level house...thus I technically have no "basement" per say.

Nova Spice
20 May 2003, 07:32 AM
Lets just be clear that I live in a bi-level house...thus I technically have no "basement" per say.

Does that mean I'm going to be put under the bi-level house? 8o

And this brings up another question.....will I be given Lil' Smokies as a last meal? :D

BRodgers
20 May 2003, 08:01 AM
.....will I be given Lil' Smokies as a last meal?

Ah a finer last meal you couldn't ask for Nova!!

If not lil' smokies then I can always whip up some barbecue or chili...those are big winners as well.

Needless to say, the night following our game sessions sees a lot of Pepcid AC action. Just ask Elfgirl

elfgirl1973
20 May 2003, 09:36 AM
That's right. The night after the game I'm usually suffering. Probably the combination of Lil' Smokies, BBQ or chili, along with 2 or 3 large cups of coffee, softdrink, donuts, chips, snackcakes, and what-have-you. But it's worth it:D

BRodgers
21 May 2003, 12:15 PM
But it's worth it

Indeeeeeeeeeeeed!

In fact I think we will feature the recepie for the Lil Smokies when we...Oooops! Can't say! Almost revealed a swanky new feature we are gonna roll out in a few months!!!!!

waza sunrider
24 May 2003, 10:14 AM
i guess its time i get away from the online gaming ive been doing,,(insert shameless plug: http://www.darkjedibrotherhood.org/dbjedi/news.asp)
& get my part of the update coded & typed up huh?