PDA

View Full Version : Vongsense

RevengeOssus87
30 April 2003, 04:31 AM
Not sure if anyone else has already posted something on this, but is Vongsense like an extension of the Force, or is it something completely different? I couldn't tell by the reading...:?

farr0095
30 April 2003, 04:39 AM

It's part of the intended mystery. I suspect that in future books we'll start to see how it all ties together.

Kanner Ra'an
30 April 2003, 11:46 AM
Spoilers

Vongsense is basically the frequency of the force that the vong are on. You can do very similar things with Vongsense. Its like a radio you switch from one frequency to listen to one show, or switch to the other to listen to the other show. You cant use the regular force when using vongsense though.

Aaron B'Aviv
1 May 2003, 11:55 AM
I really don't think any of this is spoilers, but if you haven't read the NJO and you happen to read this topic, then this may come as a surprise to you.

Jacen and Vergere discuss what it means that the Vong are 'outside the Force'. They ultimately conclude that all life is encompassed by the Force, and the Vong are living- thus they must not really be 'outside the Force'. It's just that they're not on a part of the Force the Jedi can see.

It's shortly after Jacen makes this realization that he acquires his Vongsense. I think that the Vongsense is clearly related to this perception of the Vong as being part of the Force, but a different part of the Force. Jacen has to 'tune' himself to the frequency of the Vong, to borrow the analogy of radio that Kanner employed.

Thus far, Jacen's been unable to teach the Vongsense to anyone else. But I haven't seen him try to discuss the bit of theory I mentioned him and Vergere discussing. I think that that's the key to the puzzle.

wolverine
2 May 2003, 02:46 AM
He did teach it, but those he tried it with, were unable to 'grasp' the consept..

I think his biggest failure on that regard, was when he tried to teach it to Tahiri. Especially as she is the only other jedi to have vong biotech in her body....

Iddo
21 May 2003, 01:06 PM
I agree. I think that the "Vongsense" is an extension of the force. Anyone should be able to access it, but they still have not gotten to the point where they can accept the fact that the Vong are immune to the force as the jedi know it now. The only reason that Anakin, and Jacen could access it is because they had a close attachment to Vong tech. It gave them a place to focus as it were, but the concept I feel is the most important part. I don't think that Tahiri can access it because she is still fighting it. She is trying to keep the two parts of her seperate from one another.

Otonashi
23 May 2003, 06:26 AM
Interesting.....
Perhaps this explains the -10 penalty to Force skills to the Vong as listed in the UAA. Don't really want to open up that thread here, but the debate is raging.

Cakhmaim
4 June 2003, 08:36 PM
SPOILER

To answer this question you don't even have to use Jacen and Vergre discussion. It was actually figured out in Star by Star. When Anakin was envoloped by ysalamiri he loses his force ability. He has a lightsaber taht has a lambent crystal in it that allows him to have vong sense. When he lost his force sense he noticed that he also lost contact with the vong. At the time he realized this he didn't have a chance to talk to anyone about it before the end of his mission.