PDA

View Full Version : OOC: Backlash (D20)

Kanner Ra'an
1 May 2003, 04:35 PM
This campain is open to anyone who wants to play.

We will be playing the revised core rules. It will take place shortly before the start of the Yuuzhan Vong invasion. You get to start at the sixth level, and use the 36 point buy system to create your character. I would like a mix of species and classes. You can have any equipment within limits (No handheld superlasers) and you get the maximum amount of starting credits for your class. I'd like a backround story for your character, as well as their goals, motivations, and potential weeknesses, and anyone with a particularly creative PC and/or backstory gets an extra 1000 credits to start with. No PC killing. Anyone who does gets to play a Gungun commenor. All paths and ideas are open, whether you want to be Sith lord, Jedi master, swoop biker, or deranged killer. Id like it if you could post at least once a day. If you wish to use anything from a sourcebook thats Ok. Just e-mail me anything not in these books. NJO, A&EG, SotG, AA, PotJ, Tempest Fued. If you wish to use your own creations just run them by me first, i'll probably apporve.
36 Buy system
Score=Cost
1-7=not allowed for ability buys
8=0
9=1
10=2
11=3
12=4
13=5
14=6
15=8
16=10
17=13
18=16
19+=not allowed for ability buys

:boba: Let the Roleplaying begin :jango:

Ardent
2 May 2003, 07:38 PM
Out of curiosity, point-buy in include or not include the +1 ability score at level four?

Kanner Ra'an
3 May 2003, 12:46 PM
Does not include. You still get the extra point at level 4.

Crin Daroota
3 May 2003, 09:45 PM
Kanner, I can probably post "at least once a day." But there might be days where I can't for whatever reason. How strict is this going to be? Do ya think I can still play as "almost always at least once per day?"

Oh and how do you want to determine Vitality?

Kanner Ra'an
4 May 2003, 06:12 AM
Kanner, I can probably post "at least once a day." But there might be days where I can't for whatever reason. How strict is this going to be? Do ya think I can still play as "almost always at least once per day?"
This isn't going to be very strict. Once a day is what i'd prefer because i think it would keep it at a good pace. If you cant post every day its no big deal.
As for vitality just roll for it as you usually would.

Crin Daroota
4 May 2003, 08:35 AM
Well, then, count me in. Or more to the point, count in Tiarri, a male Trianii master thief whose curiosity often gets the better of him. :D Drop me a PM for what kind of stats and what-not you want from me. I'll PM you a description & background when I get a chance.

Ardent
4 May 2003, 09:22 AM
I think I'll give it a swing too.

Probably going to play a DSM who's struggling with his dark nature. Details when I have a few mins. :)

Kanner Ra'an
4 May 2003, 10:28 AM
Sounds great. Id like to get another player or two before we start, but if no ones interested we'll start around friday if thats OK with you guys.

Crin Daroota
4 May 2003, 03:19 PM
Fine by me :)

Kanner Ra'an
7 May 2003, 08:26 AM
Ok their doesn't seem to be anyone interested. In light of this if either on of you want to play a second character your welcome to.

coldskier0320
7 May 2003, 08:43 AM
If you could gimme a little background, i might be interested. I haven't read any NJO, so if it'll deal with the Vong, I'm out. But if it is only NR era stuff, i know a good bit about that time frame. So if you could post some background, that'd be great.

Crin Daroota
7 May 2003, 09:12 AM
I'd love to play a 2nd character! Never tried it before but it sounds like fun. :) I'll get to work on one right away! :D

Kanner Ra'an
7 May 2003, 09:18 AM
Athough i do expect to get into the NJO, it wont until after the first campain. The first adventures will be set in the later part of the NR era. Around this period ther is peace with the enmpire,and the senates starting to show its corruption. Many old grudges are starting to show.

Theirs going to be a lot of NR stuff for you coldskier. Even when we start the NJO we will be going from the start so not knowing about the Vong would be an advantage when roleplaying. When you say "whats that" its for real :)

Ardent
7 May 2003, 09:23 AM
A second character eh? Hm. I may have something for you in a bit Kanner.

Crin Daroota
7 May 2003, 01:16 PM
Much like coldskier0320, I don't care much for the Vong. I read almost all the New Republic books (excepting the X-wing saga) and stopped at Vector Prime when the first Vong came. Couldn't stomach the filth (harsh but, that's how I felt after reading it). So I'd much more enjoy staying away from it, at least for the most part. I was happy to see that we were starting before the Vong came, basically because I always wanted the authors to keep exploring the SW galaxy in this direction, and was very disappointed when they stopped after the Hand of Thrawn duology. There's so much cool stuff to enjoy in the SW galaxy without bringing in invaders from a whole other one. My 2 creds, anyway.

Kanner Ra'an
7 May 2003, 02:56 PM
If you'd like to we can keep the campain in the new republic era. I have no problem with it.

Crin Daroota
7 May 2003, 04:55 PM
I don't want to ruin any story you may have put together Kanner, but if it makes no difference, I'd certainly appreciate staying out of the Vong stuff.

Kanner Ra'an
7 May 2003, 05:04 PM
Dont worry, i havnt planned much passed the first stint, which is set in the NR era, so it wont be a problem at all.

coldskier0320
7 May 2003, 06:00 PM
Word. OK, im in. Ill get stats to you as soon as i can, but dont expect em till after the weekend (for me, prom weekend:D ). As of now, I'm thinking scoundrel, as is the norm for me, but i want to really do something different. I dont want a slicer. While I ponder on this, my date will be having a fit at my not dancing!

So if i get a brilliant flash of inspiration it could happen tommorow during the day (PC idea) and youll have the stats by mid-afternoon. If you dont have 'em by then, it'll be, at the earliest, sunday afternoon (were going to a baseball game in pittsburgh the next day).

Anyway, thanks for the description (im glad you could do it without telling me a flamin' thing about the campaign details:D ) And yes, my unfamiliarity with Vong will make it pretty fun to RP.:)

Crin Daroota
7 May 2003, 08:28 PM
Well, my one char is gonna be a thief, if that helps you decide any.

coldskier0320
8 May 2003, 05:19 AM
OK, idea. Kanner, can I have a pet? I dont care if you run it or if i do (whichever you prefer, it might actually be more realistic for you to run it). Of course it cant be that simple. I'm thinking pet. I repeat pet (read: either a Nashtah or a Nek battle dog);) If its a go, ill hafta see if i can get to my friend, who has AA, if not, id appreciate it if someone could PM me the respective stats. As far as me, im thinking a level or 2 of noble (for the handle animal class skill) and then maybe a little scoundrel or scout.

If this idea doesnt suit the campaign, or your wishes, ill probably go the route of the two-gun-toting soldier. If you like this better, ill see what stats i can pull from SpyCraft, i know in the Modern Arms Guide, there's a Triggerman PrC that focuses on this kind of PC. Also, depending on how it ends up, his/her weaps might be either blaster pistols or slugthrowers (like .50 cal UZIs *evil grin*).

So tell me whatcha think about these options, and ill check back here through 11:00 (EST, for me, its 9:20 now), then after that, between 2 and 2:40, then mid-afternoon, then Sunday afternoon, then.....:D

Kanner Ra'an
8 May 2003, 08:17 AM
You can have an animal if you wish. You get to control it. Think of it as your second character. i will PM you the animal stats as soon as i get home.

coldskier0320
8 May 2003, 08:53 AM
Cool, man. Ill check it when i get home, stats should be along sunday or monday. Thanks!

Crin Daroota
8 May 2003, 09:05 AM
(like .50 cal UZIs *evil grin*)

OMG! I can't even imagine the recoil. You'd need Hulk Hogan biceps just to control them puppies! Probably never hit a thing, but thoe noise, oh the noise would scare suckers crazy!

Many random bullets is never a substitute for a single well-aimed one ;) Or maybe 2 or 3

Kanner Ra'an
8 May 2003, 12:11 PM
Ya but many random shots just looks so cool B). :D

coldskier0320
8 May 2003, 07:25 PM
Oh you dont even try to control, you just pull the triggers and hangon till your out of ammo!:D Use those weighted rollers to cut down on recoil...muzzle brakes too (holy shizzle, imagine the noise: 2, braked 50s!):D

Crin Daroota
9 May 2003, 06:45 PM
So, when is this Backlash thing a go for liftoff? :)

Kanner Ra'an
10 May 2003, 04:27 AM
Im still waiting on Ardents second PC and coldskiers first. Coldskier said that he could most likly get his to me after the weekend so its likly we will start on monday.

Ardent
10 May 2003, 05:55 AM
Oh I'm making a second PC? Err...gimme a bit...

Crin Daroota
10 May 2003, 08:14 AM
A second character eh? Hm. I may have something for you in a bit Kanner.

Lol Ardent! :D

Ardent
10 May 2003, 01:43 PM
<--- mentally unstable of late

I'll get to it. ;)

coldskier0320
11 May 2003, 10:41 AM
Hey man, can i switch PC concepts? I wanna go with a dual, Merr-Sonn I-R5 toting soldier, and probably a kick@$$ pilot (i figure the group needs one). Although i dont have any PC stats cooked up, i did figure out the modifiers for two weapon fighting on multi and auto fire with the feats im gonna take and the I-R5's improved multi and auto capabilities (-4 auto, -2 multi). These stats are on my laptop so ill PM ya with em tommorow. As for the PCs, ill work on em tonight, should be done by the latest mid week, and earliest, tommorow morning.

Ardent
11 May 2003, 12:00 PM
Whoops, I was gonna do a pilot too ;)

Kanner Ra'an
11 May 2003, 12:57 PM
Coldskier, yes you can switch concepts. I can also fit in two pilots, so please dont change anything unless you wish too Ardent. Just a question, do you have the general image in both your head, as in species, class, apperaence?

Ardent
11 May 2003, 01:15 PM
I actually have stats...just no backstory for him yet. Well, no backstory written anyway...

coldskier0320
11 May 2003, 04:53 PM
Word. Umm, im thinking Straight 6 (pun intended) Scoundrel for the skill points and the 2 luckys, nice thing for a pilot. Species? Hmm, prolly either Duros, human, or Verpine, although i'd hafta sever the hive mind somewhere in the backstory, collective conscience freaks me out (also tough to RP ;) ). Leaning toward Duros, Spacer feat would be my free human feat anyways, and the 18 Dex right off the bat will be so sweet:D Ardent, what you thinking up? Maybe we could work off each other:)

coldskier0320
14 May 2003, 03:15 AM
OK, here's my PCs, no backstories yet (I'm gonna work on integrating mine with Ardent's), but here's the stats, Traag is in his late twenties and Torque is in his late thirties, think of Traag as your typical Duros, obsessed with space, although he takes a shadier approach than most. He crafts his own starship parts. Torque is a stocky human, shaved head, small, round, dark sunglasses, and the ever-present cigarra, in short, a real badass;)

Ardent
14 May 2003, 05:38 PM
Zen

Zen, his full name long since forgotten even to him, was raised as a bladesmith's apprentice in the bowels of Af'El. Zen showed much promise for his craft and was quickly noticed by some of the less-than-scrupulous members of Defel society. A Defel assassins' guild stole the young man away from his master's forge and tried to mold him into a craftsman for their sinister purposes. Zen, however, resisted, eventually escaping from the guild in the company of a petty crimelord. When he was discovered by the crimelord, he was put to work as a bodyguard, his fearsome appearance, incredible luck and inhereint understanding of a blade more than enough to make up for his lack of any real combat training.
Zen's master was eventually shot through no fault of Zen's, and the young bladesmith-turned-bodyguard became a bodyguard-for-hire, honing his growing combat prowess with a more involved understanding of his "incredible luck." His Force-Sensitivity no longer latent, Zen found himself being approached with offers from all sorts of persons. Preferring to keep to his lifestyle, Zen has thus far rebuffed all overtures at a formal education in the Force.
The encounters did, however, strike Zen deeply as he came to realize he was treading dangerously close to falling to the Dark Side. The young Defel had no desire to be anyone's pawn any more, least of all the pawn of something he could not physically attack. He now struggles with a desire to continue in his old lifestyle and balance his old lifestyle with a greater understanding of the Force. He is wary of the Dark Side now, and remains vigilant against its attempts at seduction.

Zen: Adult Male Defel Soldier 1/DSM 5; Init +3 (+3 Dex); Def 20 (+3 Dex, +6 Class, +1 size); Spd 6m; VP/WP 60/14; Atk +6/+1 BAB, +8/+3 melee (2d6+3, crit 19-20, vibrorapier) or +10/+5 ranged (3d8, crit 19-20, blaster rifle); SQ Invisibility, Blindness; SV Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +1; SZ S; FP 6; DSP 4; Rep +2; Str 13, Dex 16, Con 14, Int 18, Wis 11, Cha 10.
Equipment: Personalized vibrorapier (2d6+2, crit 19-20), blaster rifle (3d8, crit 19-20), 8 throwing knives in a bandoleer (1d4+1, crit 20), metalsmith's toolkit, Defel visor, 180 credits.
Skills: Astrogate +6, Craft (vibroblades) +8, Hide +4, Intimidate +4, Knowledge (metalsmithing) +5, Knowledge (streetwise) +5, Pilot +7, Profession (mercenary) +4, Read/Write Basic, Read/Write Defel, Repair +8, Speak Basic, Speak Defel, Survival +4, Tumble +8.
Force Skills: Affect Mind +2, Battlemind +7, Empathy +4, Enhance Ability +7, Enhance Senses +5, Force Stealth +4, Heal Self +4, Illusion +4, Move Object +6, See Force +4.
Feats: Armor Proficiency (light), Combat Reflexes, Dodge, Force-Sensitive, Mobility, Spring Attack, Weapon Group Proficiencies (blaster pistols, blaster rifles, heavy weapons, primitive weapons, simple weapons, vibro weapons).
Force Feats: Alter, Control, Rage, Sense.

Captain Elias Frank

Elias Frank was an up-and-coming starship engineering working for Corellian Engineering Corporation. His insight and talent for mechanics had resulted in many upgrades and improvements to the YT-line of starships. Frank was the assistant director of the team responsible for the YT-2400, and his success scared someone. Elias had returned home from another productive day of research and development to find his supervisor had been murdered and he was the primary suspect. Not knowing what to do, Frank went on the run, taking his personal vessel, the Just Visiting, one of the just-produced YT-2680 transports and fled the Corellian sector.
Frank remained on the run, solitary and back to the wall until he started taking on smuggling and blockade running jobs, realizing that in order to stay alive in that dangerous business he needed a crew. More importantly, he needed a crew he could trust.
He headed for the StarForge shadowport, taking about a month on board looking for reliable and talented crew. He hired on a Duros pilot named Traag, gaining a sharp gunner named Torque in the process. Elias asked no questions about who they had been and what had forced them into the fringe life, relying on testimony of their skill and loyalty from other spacers.
The Just Visiting departed StarForge with a strong and talented crew, headed for Hutt space and the life of a freelance Hutt employee. Elias doesn't speak of his past, although eyebrows are raised at the precision with which he conducts repairs and modifications occasionally. He dresses to blend in with other Corellian airmen, dark blue slacks and a white tunic, usually accompanied by a nerfhide jacket or a utility vest. Elias dons a flightsuit only when he thinks trouble is unavoidable.

Captain Elias Frank: Adult Male Human Scoundrel 2/Scout 2/Soldier 2; Init +8 (Dex, bonus); Def 17 (+4 Dex, +3 Dex); Spd 10m; VP/WP 32/8; Atk +4 BAB; SQ Illicit barter, lucky 1/day, trailblazing; SV Fort +2 Ref +7 Will +2; SZ M; FP 3; DSP 1; Rep +1; Str 8, Dex 18, Con 8, Int 18, Wis 12, Cha 10.
Equipment: Blaster pistol, flightsuit, Just Visiting (modified YT-2680 transport).
Skills: Astrogate +15, Bluff +5, Computer Use +15, Craft (hyperdrives) +9, Craft (sublight engines) +9, Craft (starships) +9, Disable Device +9, Forgery +9, Gather Information +5, Hide +11, Knowledge (bureaucracy) +6, Knowledge (engineering) +9, Knowledge (starships) +5, Knowledge (streetwise) +5, Move Silently +11, Pilot +15, Repair +15, Spot +8, Survival +5.
Feats: Armor Proficiency (light), Gearhead, Improved Initiative, Spacer, Starship Dodge, Starship Operation (space transport), Starship Point Blank Shot, Weapon Group Proficiency (blaster pistols, blaster rifles, heavy weapons, simple weapons, vibro weapons).

Just Visiting
Class: Space transport
Crew: 1 to 4
Size: Small (31m)
Initiative: +9 (+1 size, +8 crew)
Hyperdrive: x1 (backup x8)
Maneuver: +16 (+1 size, +15 crew)
Passengers: 8
Defense: 21 (+1 size, +10 armor)
Cargo Capacity: 52 tons
Shield Points: 175 (DR 30)
Consumables: 4 months
Hull Points: 190 (DR 20)
Maximum Speed in Space: Ramming (10 sq/action)
Atmospheric Speed: 1,000 km/h (17 sq/action)
Weapon: Quad laser cannons (4, retractable); Fire Arc: turret; Attack Bonus: +15 (+1 size, +8 crew, +6 fire control); Damage 6d10x2; Range: PB/S +0 M/L m/a.
Weapon: Ion cannons (4, retractable); Fire Arc: turret; Attack Bonus +13 (+1 size, +8 crew, +4 fire control); Damage 5d10x2; Range: PB +0, S +0, M -2 L n/a.
Weapon: Blaster cannon (retractable); Fire Arc: turret; Attack Bonus +17 (+1 size, +8 crew, +8 fire control); Damage 4d8; Range: PB/S/M/L n/a.

The Just Visiting is a YT-2680, a limited-run passenger transport model CEC produced briefly following the success of the YT-2400. It shares the hull features, basic layout and ease of modification of the YT-2400, virtually indistinguishable from the slightly older model except for it's lack of a turret weapon (although it retains the emplacements). Set aside for Elias Frank as a bonus for all his hard work at CEC, the Just Visiting was a pristine floor model vessel until Elias was framed. In his time as an outlaw, Frank has acquired all manner of illegal and legal upgrades for the vessel, turning it into a formidable combat vessel. Military-grade shields stolen from an Imperial testing facility near Anaxes, experimental quad laser cannon turrets 'acquired' from a CEC testing ground in the Minos Cluster and an anti-personnel blaster cannon claimed from an unsuccessful bounty hunter. When not in combat, the Just Visiting appears to be an unarmed transport, but this is an elaborate ruse, as the four turrets emerge from the turret and escape pod emplacements, surprising unwary opponents. The anti-personnel cannon is mounted below the cockpit, near the boarding ramp. It's virtually impossible to enter the ship without the cannon having a very good shot at you. The Just Visiting retains it's luxurious stateroom appointments, although some of the staterooms were removed to make room for Elias' workspace, where he continues to tinker and refine the components of his starship.

Kanner Ra'an
14 May 2003, 06:59 PM
Alright, now all we need is coldskiers backround and were ready to start.:)

coldskier0320
15 May 2003, 04:16 AM
Traag- Born to a slightly less-than-middle-class family, Traag still, as all Duros, had access to all sorts of mechanical devices and enjoyed tinkering greatly. By the time he was 12 he’d gotten a job with a swoop racing team on the Corellian circuit as a plasma welder, making slapdash repairs in the pits. Soon, his employers saw that the young Duros had real talent, so he found himself on the development team, actually designing new, high-performace parts for racing swoops, at age 17. It didn’t take long for him to start his own business, modifying street swoops and civilian starships to do things nobody thought possible, while still retaining stock appearance (think West Coast Choppers). Soon, this caught the attention of less-than-scrupulous crimelords. But unlike most of the common citizenry, Traag only saw it as a way to make even more money doing something he loved. But he was careful to keep his work as a service, neither doing nor accepting “favors”. Thus he became a player in both sides of many organized crime feuds.
To his dismay, however, his shop was attacked by an irate crimelord’s minions, after his getaway speeder failed in a maneuver that Traag told him specifically not to do, several such attacks followed. Soon this brought him to the notorious StarForge Station. Along the way, he also teamed up with a hefty human, “Torque” Daiyla. Torque was a member of a crime syndicate that had worked with Traag, he was also one of their swoop-riding toughs who had a great appreciation for Traag’s amazing work, thus, during his attack on Traag’s shop, he left with the Duros to head for parts unknown.
Once there, they split the cost of a cheap room on the rock and got jobs, Traag with an outlaw tech group, and Torque as a gun-for-hire. After a short time on StarForge, they we’re approached by a down-on-his-luck Corellian with a concept ship. Torque was skeptical, but one look at the ship convinced Traag, so again, they move, to wherever the galactic drift may take them…

Torque- Born Jaymes Daiyla, the man known to most as Torque has an interesting past indeed. His earliest memories are of him as a six year old on a war ravaged planet, who was already skilled in the use of a battered hold-out blaster. Soon after this dispute on his presumable home planet, he was taken offworld by Imperial Military peacekeepers. They placed him with a foster family of sickeningly loyal imperialists. Jaymes wasn’t at all disillusioned: he’d seen the imperial war machine in action his whole childhood. As a teen, Jaymes was quite troubled, experimenting with almost every drug available before finally coming back to simple cigarras for the sole reason that they helped his shooting and they were easier to come by than “death-sticks or glitterstim”. Since leaving his adoptive parents, Jaymes floated from one mercenary outfit to the next, never stick with any to get a decent rank. Obviously from a heavy-gee world, the stocky Daiyla looks much stronger than he actually is. Tattoos on his arms, he looked very badass. This prompted one acquaintance to say that he “Had the torque in those arms to twist the temper out of a wookiee”. The name stuck, and now everyone that knows him, knows him as Torque. By his late twenties, he realized he had a real love of souped up swoops, so when he was hired to hit a custom swoop workshop, he turned on his colleagues, saving the machinist and travelling with him to the famous StarForge station. Recently, both he and Traag have gone into business with a Corellian pilot, for more adventuring and more shooting, one of Torque’s favorite things to do in his life.

Traag’s LD-1a- In all of his experience, Traag became quite skilled at modifying not only starships, but weapons as well. Soon, a nondescript man came with a weapon for him to modify. After examining the weapon, Traag realized that it was far too advanced for a simple civilian weapon, and was flattered that an ISB field agent had turned to him for modifications. He told the man he’d need three weeks, far longer than the modification would actually take him, but he wanted to examine the weapon thoroughly. Inside those three weeks, the Duros made the blaster one of the deadliest weapons he’d ever seen. Two days before the man was due to return, his shop was attacked. Save a bag of clothes, some technical eqiupment and some cash, the blaster was the only thing he took with him.

Torque’s I-R5s- Torque Daiyla uses a brace of rapid firing blasters that have an interesting past. Coming off the production line, the two were just like any of the other myriad I-R5s on the galactic market. Sold with most of their issue to a group of mercenaries out in the mid-rim, they became the sidearms of two brothers in the merc unit. During a heated firefight, one of the brothers was grievously wounded, the other brother took his I-R5 and fought off his opponents until the medics could come for him.
While he was recovering, the other brother continued to use the weapons in tandem, racking up a small mountain of kills with them. As soon as his brother was healed, he returned his weapon to him. In the next engagement, the other brother was killed. So, the first brother became the one to use both weapons at once. Loving the feel of the rapidly firing weapons in his hands, he had one restructured to be ‘left-handed’ to make it easier to use both at once. Unfortunately, during an intense urban fight, he lent a comrade one of the weapons, within ten minutes, the second brother was dead. His friend picked up the weapon and went on to win the day.
The new owner of the I-R5s had them modified specifically to fire in the automatic storm that the I-R5 was so famous for even more effectively. This mercenary lost his life in a dropship accident: his weapons were on another cargo hauler that was still up in orbit. Thus, the I-R5s were given, as a pair, to this soldier’s father, who kept them locked away in a lockbox in a secret area of his house. Unfortunately, during the Imperial occupation of his town, he was forced to abandon his ome and the guns, he was attacked and killed by the imperials.
His son escaped the atrocity, lived with adopive parents until his late teens, when he left home. One of the first stops he made was back to his home planet. As soon as he was in his hometown, he was stopped by an elderly woman who immediately recognized him. She led him into her tiny home and presented him with an old lockbox. As he took it into another room to get it open, the woman died in her bed.
Since then, Torque has used the weapons with deadly efficiency, much to his enemies’ dismay, knowing full well what would be to happen should he lose or abandon them. After meeting Traag, he also had the Duros modify his weapons in much the same way he modified his own sporting rifle, making the pistols even more deadly.

coldskier0320
15 May 2003, 08:22 AM
Wow, i think that was my biggest post. Ever.

Kanner Ra'an
15 May 2003, 08:35 AM
Alrighty then, lets start (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12550):D

coldskier0320
15 May 2003, 10:20 AM
OK, what's a Ryn? If someone could be so kind to a non-owner of UAA, please either a general description or a picture.:?

Crin Daroota
15 May 2003, 10:51 AM
Purple-skinned humanoid with white hair, there's a pic on the SWAG site of one

Kanner Ra'an
15 May 2003, 05:15 PM
I might not be able to post over the long weekend. I'll be at my uncles cabin thats somewere in between hell and the middle of nowere. If i can get on i will, otherwise just go on without me.

The Immortal Jedi
15 May 2003, 08:25 PM
Are you still accepting new PC's?

I won't stat anything out until I have a reply to that query.

Also, if the answer is YES, is there anything specific you would like to see, or not to see?

Crin Daroota
15 May 2003, 09:03 PM
Kanner: Helping my parents move tomorrow, so I might not be able to post, anyway. We'll see.

Immortal Jedi: If you can't play here, you're certainly welcome to play in the IAOP thread (which I also play). PM me if you need any info on that.

The Immortal Jedi
15 May 2003, 09:09 PM
O.K., Crin. Thanks for the offer. I'll keep it in mind.

Kanner Ra'an
16 May 2003, 03:26 AM
Immortal Jedi: As long as its okay with the rest of the group, welcome to Backlash. Please send me the stats for your character whenever you get the chance. One thing to keep in mind, most of the PC's in the group are more mercenary, if you could keep with that tone it would make things easier with me.

coldskier0320
16 May 2003, 05:54 AM
Welcome aboard, T.I. Jedi :D My words of advice: Think fast, shoot faster;)

Ardent
16 May 2003, 08:24 AM
I have no objections. Welcome aboard.

Kanner Ra'an
16 May 2003, 09:25 AM
You picked a good time to join. Just get your stats together and you can start while were just getting together.

The Immortal Jedi
16 May 2003, 07:28 PM
Thanx for the warm welcome!!

Have you got the Alien Anthology?

I was thinking of playing a Clawdite Scoundrel 4/ Changeling 2. Do you have any objections? I haven't statted out anything yet. Probably tonight or tomorrow.

Crin Daroota
16 May 2003, 09:54 PM
*Yaaaaawn*

So tired...

Welcome aboard, Immortal Jedi. No complaints of you joining. Now is a good time for that, since we JUST started (with quick introductions).

The Immortal Jedi
18 May 2003, 05:03 AM
I have my stats, but I something messed up when I tried to post them last night. I'll try again later tonight.

The Immortal Jedi
18 May 2003, 07:44 PM
Rei Shai: Male Nagai Soldier 6; Init +8 (+4 Dex, +4 Misc); Defense 19 (+5 Class, +4 Dex); DR 5 (Armor); Spd 10m (8m in Armor); VP/WP 63/12; Atk +8/+3 melee (Tehk'la Blade, 2D4/19-20), +10/+5 ranged (BlasTech T6, 3D8+3/19-20); SQ Soothing Voice (+2 Species bonus on Bluff, Diplomacy, Gather Information and Intimidate checks); SV Fort +6 (+5 Class, +1 Con) Ref +8 (+2 Class, +4 Dex, +2 Misc) Will +3 (+2 Class, +1 Wis); SZ Med; FP 5; DSP 0; Rep +2; Str 15, Dex 18, Con 12, Int 14, Wis 12, Cha 12.

Equipment: Electronet Armor, Mobrequet Overracer Speeder Bike, Tehk'la Blade, BlasTech T6 Heavy Blaster Pistol, Comlink, Datapad, Credit Chip, Power Pack x10.

Skills: Astrogate +11, Computer Use +11, Hide +8.5, Move Silently +8.5, Pilot +13, Repair +11.

Feats: Armor Proficiency (Light, Medium, Powered), Improved Initiative, Lightning Reflexes, Point Blank Shot, Far Shot, Precise Shot, Quick Draw, Weapon Group Proficiency (Blaster Pistols, Blaster Rifles, Heavy Weapons, Simple Weapons, Vibro Weapons).

Physical Description: Rei appears to be a gaunt, albino human. He is 1.8 m tall and weighs 75 Kilos. His hair and eye color are both black. He is usually seen wearing form fitting black body armor under a long black cloak, which also conceals his blaster pistol and wicked looking vibro-dagger (Tehk'la Blade). He wears a utility belt that conceals the rest of his gear. He is a man of few words, and when he speaks it is usually in a low voice. An air of mystery seems to hang about him.

Character History: Very little is known about Rei's past, even by Rei himself. All of the information that is availible about him is fairly recent.....recorded within the past two years. Rei Shai is, in fact, an assumed name. He can't remeber his real name. He can't even remember if he ever had a real name. His earliest memory is from a time almost two years ago......

Rei was found in a small escape pod by a merchant vessel pulled out of hyperspace by his pod. His armor and weapons were found with him. The merchants fed him, clothed him and took him to a nearby spaceport where he was turned over to Republic authorities with a curious case of amnesia. The station's doctors could find no medical cause for his amnesia, and a passing Jedi was unable to shed any light on the matter either. It seemed for all intents and purposes that Rei had no past. The truth is rather more sinister.....

Rei is a clone, or rather a genetically modified clone. He was created as part of a Super Soldier project by the Nagai as a means to level the playing field with thier old enemies, the Tofs. He is the only living product of the project. He was created to be a highly capable warrior, which he has proven himself to be on dozens of missions since he was found.

Those responsible for the project are still looking for thier prodigal son.....

Kanner Ra'an
22 May 2003, 06:56 PM
Hey guy just wanted to let you know Admiral Atredies is joining the group. :D

coldskier0320
23 May 2003, 03:18 PM
I wanna let you guys know, my post rate's gonna drop as school is letting out, already i have turned in my laptop. I'm still gonna try and keep up, and if i start holding everyone back, my PCs can be run as NPCs, but i hope it wont come to that:(

Kanner Ra'an
4 June 2003, 06:53 PM
Ok, i waited way to long for coldskier. Sorry guys. Start combat we'll just assume that his characters are on the ship and unaware of whats going on.

coldskier0320
8 June 2003, 05:45 PM
Oh geez am i sorry guys, the past few weeks have been hectic as all hell. I hope to keep posting, but for future reference, if i dont post within three or four days, skip me, by all means. I really wanna keep involved here at the HoloNet but with work and girls and all, its tough. Well this is my first post in weeks so im off to look for other posts that need posting, happy hunting all!

Kanner Ra'an
8 June 2003, 05:48 PM
Hey no problem man. Im sure if i had a life outside the holonet i'd be busy to:P .