PDA

View Full Version : Whoa ! Help needed

Sompeetalay
3 May 2003, 01:37 AM
Can someone read all the names on this picture published on the official site ? Not all the names are new, but I cannot read all of them :(

Thanks

farr0095
3 May 2003, 03:42 AM
Okay, here I go at trying to ID these folks for you. Left to Right, Top to Bottom.

Row 1: Oakie Dokes, Waks Beir, Nic Whornn, Ken-Quarr, Ror Ithh, NanSi Shoea, Sir Mac
Row 2: Yes Ma'h, Elan Sleazebaggano, Ayy Vi'ca, Sel Maa, Natrina Semos, Boxxon Plison, Whimper Save
Row 3: Mois Parcon, Palee Reds, Achk Med-Roq, Befon Taire, Di Mantid, Naga Malana, Kell Borean

That's the best I can do by trying to read the small image blown up.

Sompeetalay
3 May 2003, 09:49 AM
That's already a nice try :-)

Actually it's Ayy Vida - Nabrina Smoo (now known as Lunae Minx) - Achk Med-Beq and Bufon Taire. These names are already known.

When I try to decipher the unknown names I come up with appr. the same names. I think they did this on purpose so we wouldn't be able to read the names :mad:

Dark72Jedi
3 May 2003, 09:55 AM
Achk Med-Beq

I may be a little slow, but you notice how this name actually contains Ahmed's name...the actor for this character and Jar Jar

farr0095
3 May 2003, 12:04 PM
It actually gets better. Read more of the names and you start to see inside jokes, I think.

Oakie Dokes - okay dokey (?)
Waks Beir - Some kind of beer
Ken-Quarr - Concur
Yes Ma'h - Yes Ma'am

I'd guess that those were done on purpose. Writers and crew like the jokes. :)

Darth_Cassed
3 May 2003, 07:51 PM
Elan Sleazebaggano......Whimper Save....what kinda names are these?!??!

Tramp
4 May 2003, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Darth_Cassed
Elan Sleazebaggano......Whimper Save....what kinda names are these?!??!

Very punny names. Lucasfilm is notorious for their plays on words when naming characters or aliens.

Faraer
4 May 2003, 02:01 PM
They're Star Wars names. Shame on EU writers for thinking they need to rationalize names like Elan Sleazebaggano or Zip Beeline.

starkiller210
5 May 2003, 01:48 PM
What is this outlander file for?

Nova Spice
5 May 2003, 05:22 PM
What is this outlander file for?

It's the listing of characters that appeared in the Outlander Club on Coruscant in Episode II.

hisham
5 May 2003, 07:03 PM
Di Mantid = Demented

Hee hee!

The Ghost
5 May 2003, 07:11 PM
His real name: Elan "Sleazbaggano" Sel'Sabagno. a failed med-student who turned to selling spice & deathsticks. tsk tsk.
(You may remember him as Mouse from the Matrix)