PDA

View Full Version : Conspiracy Theory : The Missing High Admiral Teradoc novel.

KnightStalker
3 May 2003, 10:15 AM
I've heard rumors about a novel that would have gone into detail about High Admiral Teradoc, being shelved by the folks over at Lucas Books. Could there be a Sidious plot in the works over there, regarding either an upcoming NJO storyline or possibly an Ep III tie-in? :D

Vanger Chevane
3 May 2003, 10:29 AM
Delak Krennel came from some of the comix, which explains why there's zero novel references to him prior to Isard's Revenge. Leonia Tavira was a one-shot for I, Jedi.

Zsinj was reasonably well-established by references before the X-Wing series of novels, Teradoc has much the same foundations built up, unlike Harrsk. We only see those Harrsk & Teradoc sidelighted in one of the novels about Admiral Daala, in which Gilad Pellaeon plays more of a role than either of the warlords.

Teradoc seems far too developed to not be from another source, like the comics, or in the plans for a novel - one which is likely to never see daylight now.

KnightStalker
3 May 2003, 10:35 AM
Teradoc's been given so many references in the novels that something had to have been in the works, but given the direction the new books have been going with the NJO storyline, and with rumors of a new storyline coming up post-NJO, there's likely not gonna be a book about him getting published anytime too soon.

That's what's the real shame, working up all that background on him and then just making him be a minor and under-used villian.

Ardent
4 May 2003, 08:29 AM
The BIGGEST problem with Teradoc is the partially-destroyed status of the Guardian in the late Rebellion era. That more or less killed his ability to be a major villain in the NR era. Which is kind of sad, I think he would have been a nifty, if predictably Imperial, villain.

Nova Spice
4 May 2003, 07:40 PM
Teradoc always came across to me as a Tarkin wannabe. I felt his myriad of minor appearances in the EU was more of a method of staying somewhat consistent, as opposed to hints at a possible novel revolving around him. I have always believed he wasn't villain material as he came across as another generic Imperial warlord.

In his short blurbs in Darksaber, Teradoc seemed far too rash and predictable to be an effective opponent.

However, as Ardent mentioned, the disabling of the Guardian probably ensured his status as a warlord (one of many power-grubbers during the early New Republic years).

It's ironic that that very same vessel is now serving as Cal Omas' command ship, as presented in Destiny's Way. :D

hisham
12 May 2003, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Vanger Chevane
Leonia Tavira was a one-shot for I, Jedi.

Well, her too actually. She made a mess on Eiattu in The Warrior Princess before turning tail with some of the planetary funds when the Rogues came a-calling.

Garan
28 October 2005, 03:12 AM
Öh, the Guardian was Warlord Drommel’s ship who went to conquer some outer rim backwater with it. :)

Teradoc was the one with the huge fleet of crimson Victory Star Destroyers. Dark Sabre conflicts with itself on the size of that fleet btw. something around 80 or 100. Daala should really learn to count, especially with things like thousands of TIEs supposedly stocked away on a ship build for 144. :}

PsychoInfiltrator
1 November 2005, 03:01 PM
Daala isn't the one who wrote that. Daala's a fictional character. An author wrote that.

Meh. I found the damage dealign horrid in Daala vs. Teradoc. Vic's don't have that little firpower, by a long shot. Nor are their shileds nigh-non-existent.

Garan
1 November 2005, 09:53 PM
I know, but the to passages were written from Daala’s point of view and I just found it amusing that it makes her seem a bit demented. ;) :daala:

Meh. I found the damage dealign horrid in Daala vs. Teradoc. Vic's don't have that little firpower, by a long shot. Nor are their shileds nigh-non-existent.

Yeah, but in that novel almost anything blows up really easy, except a Mon Cal battle cruiser of course. ;)