PDA

View Full Version : a chief or state....

TuskenJedi
5 May 2003, 08:08 AM
there was this one chief of state in the New Republic era: i think his name was Pont Gavrisom (i think I really screwed up his last name). i was wondering if anyone knew what species he belonged to and what they looked like. (i sort of want to be one of his species in a rpg). :D :D :D

Jedi_Staailis
5 May 2003, 08:34 AM
His species was Calibop. I've never seen a picture of one, but here's an entry from the Unofficial Star Wars Encyclopedia (http://www1.theforce.net/cuswe/default.asp).

Calibop
this humanoid race is characterized their bushy manes and strong wings. Their wings end in prehensile feathers. They have short tails that twitch whenthey're nervous or agitated. It is generally believed that the Calibops are all talk and no action, and prefer to discuss a potentially dangerous or hostile situation rather than actually doing something about it.

Frobi-Wan Kenobi
5 May 2003, 09:49 AM
Here (http://www.swrpgnetwork.com/entry.php?s=&id=1098) you go.

starkiller210
7 May 2003, 01:13 PM
Wasn't he The one who signed the treaty with the empire? I think that is was some time during the return of GA Thrawn series.
correct me if I'm wrong. 8o

Crin Daroota
10 May 2003, 06:20 PM
Ponc Gavrisom

So you actually only messed up his first name! :D Oh and there's a pic of a Calibop on the Star Wars Artists' Guild (SWAG) site too. Of course it's the artist's interpretation as always. Just search for Calibop.

Anyone else a little disappointed this species was left out of the UAA? I thought Gavrisom was one of those "cool aliens" someone might want to play sometime. Glad to see there's stats here on SWRPGNetwork, regardless!

TuskenJedi
10 May 2003, 06:46 PM
actually, Crin, I really wanted to sign up as a Calibop at the SWUM place...but no, they didn't HAVE calibops there...*sniffs and slams the keyboard*:mad:

starkiller210
16 May 2003, 06:32 AM
I'm sure, it was him that signed the treaty.

Nova Spice
16 May 2003, 07:10 AM
I wonder what has happened to Ponc Gavrisom since the Yuuzhan Vong invasion. Its apparent he lost the election to Fey'lya sometime in-between Vision of the Future and Vector Prime, but his fate has piqued my interest.

I know there has been no mention of him thus far in the series, so is it plausible he has perished in the invasion or that he returned to the Senate? This could make for an interesting speculation.......

wolverine
17 May 2003, 04:11 AM
Actually thinging about it, what ever happened to that one 'lizardly' female who was always getting on the other senators nerves with her eggs and constant whining??

Nova Spice
17 May 2003, 09:23 AM
Actually thinging about it, what ever happened to that one 'lizardly' female who was always getting on the other senators nerves with her eggs and constant whining??

I figure one of three things had to have happened to her:

1. She was voted out of office by her people and returned to her homeworld.
2. She was killed during the Battle of Coruscant.
3. She was one of the lucky Senators who managed to escape the Battle of Coruscant and make it safely to Mon Calamari.

My guess would be she was vaped, but I suppose that's just the pessimist in me talking. :D

And looking at this reasoning, I suppose it's entirely plausible that the above could also be applied to Ponc Gavrisom. Although I believe we would have heard had he been killed.

Tramp
18 May 2003, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Nova Spice
I wonder what has happened to Ponc Gavrisom since the Yuuzhan Vong invasion. Its apparent he lost the election to Fey'lya sometime in-between Vision of the Future and Vector Prime, but his fate has piqued my interest.

Actually, he lost to Leia. If you've read any of the YJK books, Leia was Chief of State during those books and had stepped down for the final time in the interim between the YKJ and the NJO (a period of about a half-year).

Nova Spice
18 May 2003, 05:51 PM
Actually, he lost to Leia. If you've read any of the YJK books, Leia was Chief of State during those books and had stepped down for the final time in the interim between the YKJ and the NJO (a period of about a half-year).

I've never read the Young Jedi Knights series, so I wouldn't know much about it except what I've read on here and in various RPG, EU, and website sources.

I suppose that explains Fey'lya's response in Dark Tide I: Onslaught, when he accuses Leia of trying to take the reigns of Chief of State once again.

Thanks for the clarification. ;)