PDA

View Full Version : Do you consider yourself a SW geek?

Dea-Ev Dacal
9 May 2003, 10:10 AM
Hey I have a question for all of you out there, Do you consider yourself a Star Wars geek? I know I do, theres no denying that I am a Star Wars geek, but I am proud of it. I have found my niche and I am going to stick with it. But I would still be interested to see how many of you consider yourself a Star Wars geek.

E.D.

Jedi_Staailis
9 May 2003, 12:02 PM
Without a doubt. I read the books, watch the movies, play the computer games, and play the RPG. As a friend of mine put it, Star Wars isn't a movie, it is a way of life. :)

That said, I don't fit every part of the stereotypical Star Wars geek. I'm not completely incompetent in social situations, I don't mention Star Wars in every other sentence, unless I'm with fellow Star Wars fans. So yes, I am a Star Wars geek, but I consider myself the good (or at least tolerable) kind.

Treefrog
9 May 2003, 12:03 PM
I'll admit it. I'm 31 years old, I still remember the first time I saw Star Wars. My family didn't have much money for birthday gifts, but when Christmas came around, my parents tried as much as possible to get me the Kenner figures and vehicles. I still have all of my figures from the original trilogy, and I won't give them up for anything.

The years following Return of the Jedi were spent waiting for the next installment (due to the fact that I had heard there were supposed to be nine films altogether). But when I saw Heir To The Empire in my local Waldenbooks, I immediately purchased it. That book I credit with bringing me back to a galaxy far, far away. It brought back a flood of memories of my childhood that slowly over the years, had fuzzed over by such sci-fi as Star Trek, Babylon 5, plus others.

I'm hoping that Mr. Lucas changes his mind about Ep. III being the last installment. As I get older, the one constant in my life, is the love of Star Wars. And no other medium catches the imagination as seeing a Star Destroyer come to life.

Dea-Ev Dacal
9 May 2003, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Jedi_Staailis

That said, I don't fit every part of the stereotypical Star Wars geek. I'm not completely incompetent in social situations, I don't mention Star Wars in every other sentence, unless I'm with fellow Star Wars fans. So yes, I am a Star Wars geek, but I consider myself the good (or at least tolerable) kind.
I think that people do over stereotype Star Wars geeks. thinking that their entire life is always[B] Star Wars, and that they can't connect in non-star wars based social interaction. Star Wars geeks, while it does play a strong role in their lives usually doesn't totally dominat them, they have firends, and do non- geek related activities.
E.D.

Tossk
9 May 2003, 03:53 PM
Who here dosn't consider themself a Star Wars nerd? I bring my RPG books to school, and poeple ask me about them, and, well, I guess I overwhelm them with details and... geekiness...:D ;) :)

Codym
9 May 2003, 04:16 PM
I'm just a geek. Sad but true.

starkiller210
9 May 2003, 05:14 PM
I'm more than a geek, everything I do has something to do with star wars, my parents ground me from star wars!!!!!! (the bad days that scared me forever!!!!8o 8o ) All my friends think I'm obssesed, I have read every single star wars novel including almost all the essential guides and dictionaries and lately after getting involved with star wars rpg I been having tons of papers ful of stats confiscated by teachers my grades are falling and I'm getting more and more detentions!!!!!
But there will always be star wars!!!!!!!!!!:raised: :raised:
Hail the EMPEROR!!!!!! Bow down to HIM!!!!!!!!

Admiral_Atredies
9 May 2003, 05:15 PM
I think that people do over stereotype Star Wars geeks. thinking that their entire life is always[B] Star Wars, and that they can't connect in non-star wars based social interaction. Star Wars geeks, while it does play a strong role in their lives usually doesn't totally dominat them, they have firends, and do non- geek related activities.

Hey, we're faring better than those Trekkies. :) Just Kidding. And, Sure, I'm a star wars geek and proud of it, but I'm sort of an all-around geek. Not too smart though, so I guess I can't be considered the stereotypical nerd :).

Dea-Ev Dacal
9 May 2003, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Tossk
Who here dosn't consider themself a Star Wars nerd? I bring my RPG books to school, and poeple ask me about them, and, well, I guess I overwhelm them with details and... geekiness...:D ;) :)

Hehe, thats me. My friends just roll their eyes and tune out when I start to go into a detailed explanation of something star wars, or when I start my why Star Wars is better than Star Trek. But there is always hope for conversion, I showed my BIG BOX OF RPG to some people I know and they have almost defected to the life of a SWRPGer. Whenever someone starts up a lengthy, but for me incomprehensible speech about hockey I turn the tables on them and start to overwhelm them with every small fact about Star Wars topics they've never even heard of. It's good for a laugh.

E.D.

Ardent
9 May 2003, 10:48 PM
Sure, I suppose to most people my knowledge of Star Wars borders on geeky, but if anyone got inside my head and poked around they'd find out pretty fast that I retain all sorts of useless information, and Star Wars just happens to be part of it. I've started retaining SG-1 stuff of late...woot, more geekiness.

wolverine
10 May 2003, 03:02 AM
Geek 3342-A-dd42 standing by as ordered, SIR!

Yes i classify myself as one, but i am no where as overboard as some are. I know of 5 'geeks' of swdom, who would even scare some of the trekkies with their die hard ness..

Crin Daroota
10 May 2003, 08:26 AM
There's no way I can get around it. If you can recite the cell block Leia was in at random times, you're definitely a Star Wars geek.

So, if I am one, I might as well be proud of it, no? YEAH HOW YOU LIKE THAT!! STAR WARS GEEK BABY! DON'T COME TRYING TO TEST THIS KNOWLEDGE, OR I'LL SEND YOU HOME CRYING TO YOUR MOMMY ABOUT HOW YOU DIDN'T KNOW HOW MANY CONNECTIONS THE TRACTOR BEAM HAD TO THE MAIN REACTOR, OR THE NAME OF THE ENDOR SHUTTLE, OR THAT GRAND ADMIRAL THRAWN COULD FIND A WAY TO MAKE YOU KICK YOUR OWN A$$ES! WHAT! WHAT! BACK OFF WITH YOUR "Dude you know too much about Star Wars" CRAP AND BOW DOWN LOW TO THE ALMIGHTY GOD OF USELESS STAR WARS TRIVIA!!

whew...that was good to get out of the system...

...I knew there was a reason I bought that Star Wars Encyclopedia...

Tossk
10 May 2003, 08:46 AM
Methinks I know where Crymoon's Sith is hiding... Hold still, this won't hurt a bit...8o ;)

Zam Sammich
10 May 2003, 03:15 PM
Yes. Not to the exclusion of all else, though, and I like to think that I've learned to identify the glazed look that a person gets when you start explaining to them the difference between a Victory class Star Destroyer and an Interdictor class Star Destroyer. If you don't know you're boring someone to tears, you can't really stop...

I haven't read the books for quite a while - I'm kind of unhappy with what came about after I stopped following the overall storyline. Chewie dies, Mara marries Luke - that's not how Star Wars is in my head. :wookiee:

But yeah. I'm a vet of the ranks of SWCCG players. That was what really catapulted me into SW geekiness, what with knowing alien extras' names and various different guns and vehicles from the cards.

Darth_Cassed
10 May 2003, 07:56 PM
Yes, I realized it when I was debating Star Wars physics....yup....

Darth Fury
11 May 2003, 05:08 AM
I've never considered myself a geek but if the Mundanes want to label me as such so be it!!

Rogue Janson
11 May 2003, 05:20 AM
One of my friends once wrote an essay "To what extent was Boba Fett responsible for the downfall of Kuat of Kuat?"
I think he was trying to avoid writing history essays at the time.

Crymoon
12 May 2003, 12:28 AM
OK guys two things... Sorry but my dictionaries nor my former teachers didn't domuch good: what is a geek really and what is the difference between him and a nerd?

and the other thing...

Crin stand still!!!!
Tossk pls don't kill him to much... it's hard to clone new bodies for him... just stun him and I'll take care of him...

AND CRIN CHECK OUT THE QUIZ ON HOLONET TO SEE THE REAL MASTERS OF SW KNOWLEDGE.... ESPECIALLY THE LAST QUESTIONS AND INCREDIBLY FAST ANSWERS FROM SOMEONE WHO MUST BE A GEEK!!!!! AN UBERGEEK!!
AND SOON I!!! I !!!! I!!! IWLL BE HIGH UP THERE!!!! YES!!!
YOU CAN EAT YOUR ENCYLOPEDIA!!!! OR EVEN BETTER GIVE IT TO ME!!!!

Thanx Tossk :D I feel whole again... :D

Seghast
12 May 2003, 12:34 AM
Yeah, I'm a Star Wars geek, and proud of it. People who make fun of us 'geeks' don't bother me much... I usually threaten them with violence and they shut up. According to stereotypes, thouygh, aren't we the ones that are supposed to back away from such threats made by them?

Feh.

It's okay. As soon as I raid Area 51 and steal the goods I need to make a lightsaber, no one shall laugh...

Kanner Ra'an
12 May 2003, 01:05 PM
Someone once called me a geek...............Wait....... ummmmmm.......... God, i cant remember if he ever woke up from that coma or not;) . Moral
:mad: Dont call a six foot, two hundred ten pound man a geek.:mad:
Especally in front of his even more dangerous girlfriend.;) :D

Dark72Jedi
12 May 2003, 03:01 PM
Yep...I play the Star Wars RPG, I check the Star Wars site every day as well as the Force-Net, I have some of the toys, I know facts about minor characters in the movie and I'm on this board...8o

Though I probably look nothing like a geek, I am

hisham
12 May 2003, 04:25 PM
HECK, YES! I don't think I know how to live otherwise. ;)

Originally posted by starkiller210
I'm more than a geek, everything I do has something to do with star wars, my parents ground me from star wars!!!!!! (the bad days that scared me forever!!!!8o 8o )

Hey, Starkiller. I've experience those days before. The thing is, now I got my own kid will I be:

1) Banning him from SW when the time comes

2) Banned from SW by him because of my geekness.

That said, I'll be teaching him to roll dice as soon as he stops trying to eat them so we can both live in peace. :)

Corran Horn
12 May 2003, 04:33 PM
I love Star Wars Form the books, movies, and ganes. I am a Star Wars freak, althiugh I don't cemter my life around it.

Korpil
13 May 2003, 04:34 AM
Yes, I am a geek... not a freak but definitely a geek, thank you!

OH and proud of it... my house (and I'm married and my wife tolerates it) is full of SW things, from the obvious CDs, DVDs, VHSs and books to towels, teethbrushes, pens, dishes, etc. etc. etc....

SilverBlade
13 May 2003, 06:28 AM
________
=[________]========----------[]<--
| ___|
|==| ||
|==| _| |
|==||= |
| || ----- |
| || ||||||||| |
| ~~~~~~ |
|________|
__L________\_
<_|_L___/ | |,
|__\_____|_|___
/L___________ `---._________
| | .----. _ |---v--.______ _ `--------\-----.--._______________
[| | | |(_) |]__[_____]____________________]__ _________]
| |___________|---^--'_________.-------------`--'
\L______________.---'
__|__/_ | |
<_|_L___\___|_|'
L________/
|~~~~~~~|
|||||| |||||||||||||
| ||-------|
| ||====|
|==||_ |
|==| | |
|==|__||
|___|_____
=[________]========-----------[]<--

I am what I'd like to call an Uber Geek.

Lucas Carr
13 May 2003, 08:32 AM
I like Star Wars, but wouldn't call myself a geek, others might disagree though.

Darth Lunchbox
14 May 2003, 05:29 PM
I'm a SW geek and proud of it. I'm not your stereotypical geek, I associate with females, I haven't memorized much of anything, nor do I spend my days contemplating the force. But it's a safe bet there's no one else at my school who knows what purpose Industrial Automoton had for the R4 astromech series.

GEEKS RULE!

SilverBlade
14 May 2003, 05:34 PM
No one at ur school knew that! Dang! Thants pretty sad.

Tossk
16 May 2003, 06:47 PM
That was beautiful, SilverBlade!:D

------------------|- |- |- |
-----------------/- | - | -\
---------------/- |- |- |- |- |- \
--------------(}| [- |- |- ]- |- |}
---------------\- |- |- |- |- |- /
-----------------\- | - |- /
------------------| |- |- |
------------------\ ||- || /
-------------------| |- | |

Something to complement it!;)

Sasche
16 May 2003, 08:27 PM
I'm definitely a Star Wars Geek, but I have two friends who out-did me.
We invented a game called "Star Wars Off! " It started when I discovered an old 33rpm record in my parents basement. It was a brief narration with sound effects of A New Hope. I could randomly set the needle down and lift it after hearing a line. Then my two friends would recite the next line VERBATIM!
We transfered this game to ESB and RotJ using video tapes. We left the TV video off and only used the audio. I would randomly fast forward or rewind, and again, they would recite lines word-for-word using minimal prompting. These geeks were correct 9 times out of 10.

Think you're good? Try getting a line following an explosion and random R2 beeps. Yes, it has happened. They are sick. Geeks x 10^99.
Me?
I'm just a simple geek. Usually I know the next line in the movie, but rarely word-for-word unless it is one of a few Ultimate Lines.

Darth Fury
17 May 2003, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by Tossk
That was beautiful, SilverBlade!:D

------------------|- |- |- |
-----------------/- | - | -\
---------------/- |- |- |- |- |- \
---------------\- |- |- |- |- |- /
-----------------\- | - |- /
------------------| |- |- |
------------------\ ||- || /
-------------------| |- | |

Something to complement it!;)

uuuumm What is that Tossk? A B-wing, from a top-down view???:? :raised:

Sasche
17 May 2003, 05:04 PM
I really hope you were joking
Unless I was dreadfully mistaken, I thought it was pretty obviously a Tie Fighter.

Tossk
17 May 2003, 05:05 PM
it's a top veiw of a tie
;)

SilverBlade
17 May 2003, 06:13 PM
/----\
[ | | ]
[ | | ]
[ | | ]
[ | | ]
[ | | ]
[ | | ]
[ | | ]
[ | | ]
[ | | ]
[ | | ]
[ | | ]
[ | | ]
[ | | ]
[ | | ]
[ | | ]
[ | | ]
[ | | ]
[ | | ]
[ | | ]
[ | | ]
[ | | ]
[ | | ]
[ | | ]
[ | | ]
[ | | ]
[ | | ]
[ | | ]
\-----/
|----|
((()))
((()))
((()))
|----|
-----
|----|
[||||]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How's this?

Tossk
17 May 2003, 06:24 PM
you're SWAG material! Lightsaber!:D ;)

Crymoon
18 May 2003, 10:21 PM
SilverBlade it's awsome... WOW.. and Tossk Tie ain't that bad too... c'mon... though I can't say which way it's flying I knew it was a Tie... :D

Dea-Ev Dacal
18 May 2003, 10:53 PM
hehe, I thought Silverblades lightsaber could use a small modification.
/----\
[ | | ]
[ | | ]
[ | | ]
[ | | ]
[ | | ]
[ | | ]
[ | | ]
[ | | ]
[ | | ]
[ | | ]
[ | | ]
[ | | ]
[ | | ]
[ | | ]
[ | | ]
[ | | ]
[ | | ]
[ | | ]
[ | | ]
[ | | ]
[ | | ]
[ | | ]
[ | | ]
[ | | ]
[ | | ]
[ | | ]
[ | | ]
\------/
|----|
((()))
((()))
((()))
|----|
-----
|----|
[|||||]
There you go, just thought it could use a little color, good job SilverBlade
E.D.

Crymoon
18 May 2003, 10:59 PM
You devious creature of the dark side... a red one... ???!!!

/----\
[ | | ]
[ | | ]
[ | | ]
[ | | ]
[ | | ]
[ | | ]
[ | | ]
[ | | ]
[ | | ]
[ | | ]
[ | | ]
[ | | ]
[ | | ]
[ | | ]
[ | | ]
[ | | ]
[ | | ]
[ | | ]
[ | | ]
[ | | ]
[ | | ]
[ | | ]
[ | | ]
[ | | ]
[ | | ]
[ | | ]
[ | | ]
\------/
|----|
((()))
((()))
((()))
|----|
-----
|----|
[|||||]

I'll fight you...!!!!!

THOUGH PERSONALY I LIKED IT...
Be still friday Sith.. It's monday....
OH SITH...

SilverBlade
19 May 2003, 06:18 AM
/----\
[ | | ]
[ | | ]
[ | | ]
[ | | ]
[ | | ]
[ | | ]
[ | | ]
[ | | ]
[ | | ]
[ | | ]
[ | | ]
[ | | ]
[ | | ]
[ | | ]
[ | | ]
[ | | ]
[ | | ]
[ | | ]
[ | | ]
[ | | ]
[ | | ]
[ | | ]
[ | | ]
[ | | ]
[ | | ]
[ | | ]
[ | | ]
\-----/
|----|
((()))
((()))
((()))
|----|
-----
|----|
[||||]

SilverBlade
19 May 2003, 06:19 AM
Viola! Mace Windu! This parties over.

Crymoon
19 May 2003, 10:09 PM
SilverBlade have you got more of them... and I don mean different colors :D... just different pics...

coldskier0320
20 May 2003, 07:06 AM
Yes, I'm a total SW devotee. I, as with others, have been grounded from SW (naturally this means, i am good at sneaking the occasional SW read;))

But I mix it with some other things. Im an avid camper/hiker and i ski. Then there's the love-life:rolleyes: I wont go into detail, but lets just say at least 7 girls are absolutely fine with wanting to date a SW nut (even if th SW nut isnt okay with dating them!) Oh well.

And btw, I'll work on some ASCII stuff too (i think thats whatcha call it)

Korpil
20 May 2003, 08:19 AM
Now that we're on the ASCII subjects, check this:

http://www.asciimation.co.nz/

SilverBlade
20 May 2003, 09:27 AM
.__________
-|-----------------\
|------------------|______________________________________
-|___________/-----___________________--------------------------\
-------------|-----------|-----------------------\------\--------------------------------\
._______|_____--|------------------------|------|---------------------------------|
-|-----------------\----|-------------------------|------|---------------------------------|
|------------------|----|-------------------------|------|---------------------------------|
-|___________/--|-------------------------|------|--------------------------------|
-----------|-------------|______________/___/--------------------------------|
._______|_____-----------------------------------------------------------------/
-|-----------------\______________________________________/
|------------------|
-|_________/

---------------------------------------------------------------
Speeder!

Nova Spice
20 May 2003, 11:49 AM
I would probably have to classify myself as a SW geek. When you know how many Corellian Gunships were present on Yavin IV during Daala's attack, there's no chance of ever being a "normal" SW fan again. :D

Dea-Ev Dacal
20 May 2003, 04:55 PM
oooh, silverblade, you are SWAG material. Thats one nice lightsaber (like the purple) :).
E.D.

Crymoon
20 May 2003, 10:32 PM
Great Speeder too...

And Korpil a great site it is... ROLFMAO...

Admiral_Atredies
21 May 2003, 01:05 PM
For more art, check out www.chris.com (http://) It's under Star Wars in the ASCII art sidebar.

Edit: the link isn't working, so just paste the adress into your url. It's got some amazing stuff!

SilverBlade
21 May 2003, 02:24 PM
Wow. That was amazing.

Crymoon
21 May 2003, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by Admiral_Atredies
For more art, check out www.chris.com (http://) It's under Star Wars in the ASCII art sidebar.

The link ain't working... but the site is amazing... There are so many talented people out there.... (why can't I be one of them :D)

Dea-Ev Dacal
22 May 2003, 02:29 PM
I forget the website, but one group is making A New Hope, entirley out of ASCII art, it is amazing, they've only made it to the detention block, but it's looking good so far.
E.D.

Korpil
23 May 2003, 03:55 AM
I forget the website, but one group is making A New Hope, entirley out of ASCII art, it is amazing, they've only made it to the detention block, but it's looking good so far.

I posted that already:

http://www.asciimation.co.nz/

Dea-Ev Dacal
23 May 2003, 10:08 AM
oh, so you did. Guess I missed that one, eh? I guess I'll have to start double checking before I post. The did a very good job on that though, It's amazing that you can create something like that from simple text, and punctuation.
E.D.

KenobiJim
7 June 2003, 03:58 PM
I have to be a geek... I find the Way of Star Wars an excellent way of life. My friend William and I consider oursleves proto-Jedi.

Doran
7 June 2003, 06:05 PM
Oh hell yes, I am a Star Wars geek.

While I would never line up and camp out before a movie theatre before Star Wars' first showing, I can recite almost every line from all 5 of the movies. I own a few books and a lot of the games.

I've read the RCB up and down, I bring it to school, I read it to sleep, I read it whenever I have free time. At the beginning of the book, it says not to memorize it, because it's not homework, hah!

Yeah, you're not alone Tossk, I bring it to school.

And I'm a Trekkie too, but never ask me to say which is better, they're both really, really good.

nightninja50
7 June 2003, 08:59 PM
Hmm.. well I would consider myself a bit of a Star Wars geek, I have most roleplaying books, many other SW books, and I play a bunch of the games for the consoles and PC

I am popular though at school and know many hot girls (lol).

I dont center my life around Star Wars, but I do haul my RP books and old mags around with me in case i get bored ( and thaaaats why my parents complain about that big backpack....
Anyway, my parents havent grounded from it (yet) I dont talk about it too much at school, except I make little quotes and stuff. My stepsister does call me a loser, and when I'm watchin Star Wars, shes like " you are so obsessed, why do u like it its so stupid" so naturally I come back with star wars curses at her (hehehe).

I also am a DIE HARD PAINTBALLER!!!! I love the sport, can name many pro players, teams, etc., and I play alot. ( speaking of the wonderfully awesome sport of paintball, watch out for some paintball-related tactics, and maybe my own set of rules for paintball in the SW universe!)

But as a postnote I'd like to say, go Star Wars geeks, there is no shame in it, and if you have doubts, read star wars gamer number 7

fallenbythewayside
8 June 2003, 03:38 PM
I used to be a Star Wars geek. I had all the books, I had comics, movies, sorcebooks, etc. Big ol' fan. Then that dickhead Salvitore killed Chewbacca and Lucas screwed up his own universe with Episode I, and I kinda lost interest. Hayden Christiansen made me give up on the whole thing. :isd:

I still have a passive interest I guess. I play Jedi Knight II, and look forward to Academy, and I've recently started to fool around with this RPG with some friends.

Me :D

Tossk
9 June 2003, 08:47 AM
Nightninja, you clone!
;)
I'm not popular as I define it, but i'm not entirely unsociable.

I dont center my life around Star Wars, but I do haul my RP books and old mags around with me in case i get bored ( and thaaaats why my parents complain about that big backpack....
Anyway, my parents havent grounded from it (yet) I dont talk about it too much at school, except I make little quotes and stuff. My stepsister does call me a loser, and when I'm watchin Star Wars, shes like " you are so obsessed, why do u like it its so stupid" so naturally I come back with star wars curses at her (hehehe).
That sums up how I handle it for the most part, but I'm always on this forum.. well, yeah, I am.

As an aside, I love paintball, but i'm not so up-to-date on it as I'd prefer. BTW, where in texas do you live? i'm going to be down in huston for 5 weeks, starting next week, so maybe we couold meet up?

TDZKRAWKS
9 June 2003, 12:55 PM
I'm not a Star Wars geek, sure I play the RPG and I've read some of the books, but i don't talk about it that often, friday is my friends' birthday party, yayy!!! Super Smash Bros. Melee WAHOOA WAHOOA. I love that game.

TDZKRAWKS
9 June 2003, 12:59 PM
Oh, and i like the speeder!

sjard
10 June 2003, 05:49 AM
geek, maybe.

got most of the books, most of the RPG books of all systems (including many fan made ones for other systems still).

movies.... VHS and LDs of those availible in those formats, DVDs and VHS of those availible in those formats, i think i've got the betamax versions of the original trilogy floating around somewhere.

comics.... japanese manga versions....

pc games, console games....

home built lightsaber.....

neon painted shenai for lightsaber fights....

copy of hardware wars.... who doesn't?

CCG...

someone stole my stormtrooper helmet....

i've probably forgotten a bunch of stuff.

sjard.

Franksta
10 June 2003, 09:00 AM
of course. and i'm damn proud of it. I've always been a SW fan but once i started reading the books i kinda realized this was getting more into the "geek" realm.

Tossk
10 June 2003, 09:57 AM
Welcome to the Holonet, Franksta.:D

Jedi Master Antilles
3 July 2003, 08:35 AM
geek? no....fan yes. but i also like trek so maybe being a trekker qualifieys me as being a geek...but doubtful because i'm justa fan of that as well...if i'm a geek about anything it's music and nascar.

lynnlefey
3 July 2003, 12:50 PM
I am not a Star Wars Geek, but I am a geek.

I have Star Wars tech journal, and Star Trek Tech Manual. I also have Babylon 5 stuff. I like comics of all varieties, and read 'League of Extraordinary Gentlemen' and 'Crow' long before they became movies.

I am VERY likely to go see any given SF/Fantasy movie. I am almost as excited about 'Matrix Revolution' as I am about 'Return of the King'. I would not be shocked if RoTK wins best picture next year at the Academy Awards.

On to the NEXT level. I spent 10 years as a computer programmer. I do SF/Fantasy/Comic art for fun.

I read H. P. Lovecraft. You should too. Look HERE (http://www.gizmology.net/lovecraft/index.htm)

I've played many roll-playing games and consider it my primary hobby. I think my preference is super-hero genre.

I have a stuffed 'Wonderwoman' standing on my desk. My closet has Star Wars, Transformers, G. I. Joe, Marvel and DC Superheroes, and LEGOs cluttering it up. I keep a little LEGO racecar on my desk to assemble and disassemble for amusement.

I have seen every incarnation of Dr. Who.

So, I prefer to think of myself as a well-rounded geek, instead of a 'Geek-specialist'. :D

Ketmar
3 July 2003, 03:31 PM
Yes. And proud of it.