PDA

View Full Version : Chewbacca wears shoes?

kham
10 May 2003, 02:19 PM
In the original trilogy, does Chewbacca at any point wear shoes? My friend and I have been debating over the issue for some time. Thank you. :hansolo:

Codym
10 May 2003, 03:24 PM
Not that I recall, nor has such a think made it into the goof guides that roam the web. I'd have to watch the Original Trilogy again to be sure, though (not exactly a bad thing - but too easy to be distracted by things other than Wookie feet...)

ElfWord
10 May 2003, 06:45 PM
I'd have to give that a big no. Wookies wouldn't wear shoes.

Dea-Ev Dacal
10 May 2003, 08:17 PM
No, wookiee feet have enough fur that they don't need shoes, and even if chewie did wear shoes, who would know underneath all that fur ;).
E.D.

Ardent
10 May 2003, 09:45 PM
There was a scene on Endor where supposedly you can see Mayhew's shoes. Supposedly. I haven't seen them myself.

Crymoon
11 May 2003, 11:59 PM
I'd say no... and there was time when I browsed the web searching for some strange occurances in orignal trilogy and I don't rememebr any Wookie shoes... Though it was also a long time a go so maybe I missed or don't remember..

King Chewie
13 May 2003, 10:02 AM
No i dont think so you can always see his feet in empire strikes back the only thin chewie wears is that pouch and bowcaster:D

DrakeRunner
15 May 2003, 05:24 PM
For that matter, what the hell kind of shoes do the rest of the Heroes wear!?

Ardent
15 May 2003, 06:27 PM
Han wears Imperial-issue service boots, and Luke wears Rebel-issue combat boots. Leia...wears something appropriate to outfit (women...). More or less. ;)

proxima centauri
15 May 2003, 08:58 PM
In one scene on Cloud City (Bespin) in Empire Stikes Back when Chewie is running down a corridor, you can catch a glimpse of his feet and maybe... maybe these are shoes, but that's debatable.

Moose
18 May 2003, 12:59 PM
I would have to say no as well, wookiees being arboreal creatures would indicate that they have natural padding on their feet sufficient for climbing, which would enable them to go without shoes. Also I am almost positive I never spotted any shoes on Chewie in the trilogy. If they were to have any shoes on I would think it would be only in cold weather climates and would not resemble shoes like we wear, I think they would resemble gators or leg wrappings.

mojo1701
19 May 2003, 10:10 AM
Well, in p. 49 of the RCRB, it looks like Rorworr is wearing bell-bottoms...

Nova Spice
19 May 2003, 10:49 AM
Well, in p. 49 of the RCRB, it looks like Rorworr is wearing bell-bottoms...

Don't hate on Rorworr, he's just chillin'. :D

Bjorn
20 May 2003, 02:08 PM
I'd also have to go with the no shoes for Wookiees. Although, it one wanted to wear shoes, I don't think anyone would be able to stop them from doing so.

And as for Rorworr, I've always thought he was a little on the 'thin side' for a Wookiee. But I like him. ;)

Bjorn

Dea-Ev Dacal
22 May 2003, 02:16 PM
Rorworr is quite small, but you also have to remeberr, he quite a young wookiee considering they live well into the hundreds. Still I've always liked him, he's got a different look to him.
E.D.

Altman
26 May 2003, 11:15 PM
ya know...i've been looking at the pic of Rorworr there for months now and saying "why the hell is that wookie dancing?"...:raised:...it's just occured to me that he's signaling to the folks to come on along...

i'da know...mayhaps it's just the way he's posed or sneaking or whatever he's doing...he just always looked like someone from the old josie and the pussy cats cartoon dancing as he walked along...

but then...i'm weird...

Franksta
10 June 2003, 07:09 PM
i don't think Wookie's would wear shoes. they wouldn't have to. Altough i think on Hoth Chewie might have some snow shoes for traction but not really for warmth.

Snowtiger
11 June 2003, 02:41 AM
Wookiees are humanoid just as every other species mentioned in the Species chapter in RCRB, for them wearing shoes or any other clothing would just be up to the individuals personal style, while humans and other not so-furry-species wear clothes for comfort and because nudity is still considered a taboo on most social situations. They also provide insulation against cold and harsh weather, as our almost hairless bodies don't cope so well in extreme weather and temperatures.

So if your wookiee wants to wear some clothing pieces, you are free to do so, with a little modifications for comfort and size (about 10-20% to the cost of clothing) you could even have a full suit(shirt, jacket or vest, pants, trousers or Celtic-style kilt, anklets(leather soled for better traction on smooth surfaces, leave the toes free for using the claws when needed), shoes or boots) made for your Wookiee.

mojo1701
11 June 2003, 01:28 PM
Maybe, during the Empire, any Human who owned a Wookiee would make him/her wear clothes, just like I see some pet owners make their dogs/cats wear clothes.

Albert_Rally
11 June 2003, 01:37 PM
Hoth is the only valid possible. Anything else would off the norm. Thing about what kind of wookie athlete's foot could start in those shoes! I mean just nasty stuff and who makes them? (phat Pharm?!) wookiefeet! wookiefeet! That just sounds like a Senfeild episod. Elane-"and he had these hairy......wookiefeet! I mean they just looked like house shoes!"

Vreel Kudarin
5 July 2003, 03:54 AM
Well, I've discovered what shoes one of the Classic Trilogy heroes wore...

Photographic evidence here. (http://groups.msn.com/SWRPG/miscellaneous.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=168)

LOL. :D

jediwookie
17 July 2003, 12:55 PM
I personally don't think any Wookiee would wear shoes. They use their feet and hands for climbing im sure. I'm not 100 percent sure, but I'm willin to bet there feet have claws on them, just like their hands. I'm pretty sure Chewbacca never wore shoes, and come to think of it, I haven't seen pics of many more Wookiees. And I agree, athletes feet on a Wookiee, talk about nasty....