PDA

View Full Version : What happened to the Wonderful Sith

Admiral Noshow
12 May 2003, 07:17 PM
I have to say this I like the sith. I like them alot. I like how they are conpiring intelligence, but most of all i like the Sith empire. So my question is this. Do you think the sith have a place in the New Jedi Order (aside from the guy on corusant). I want to se most of alla sith allieing himself with the vong...that would be interesting.

Farliner
13 May 2003, 01:16 AM
Even if there would be some remnants of the anciet Sith, I doubt that Yuzzan Wong would see them as potential allies - Sith were using technology just as the rest of the universe. And, their powers would seem like ones Jedi are using, at least, to the Wong. So, My bet is, that Wong would do their best to eliminate them... especialy, i they learn of what ancient Sith could do - al those weapons cappiable of destroying entire star systems and so one... they'r just too dangerous and unpredictiable to be an ally.

Jim Williams
13 May 2003, 05:01 AM
Heck, some Masters can't even trust their apprentices as far as they can thrown without Force augmentation or Move Object/TK.

In my alternate timeline, I have Palpatine's Master (presumed dead because he is a symbiote...the host was killed by Palpy, not the symbiote) about to make his big comeback 3 years after Endor. He's been patiently waiting on a backwater for his chance.

heh heh heh.

Admiral Noshow
13 May 2003, 04:08 PM
The old sith would have made perfect allies in my eyes. Think of it this way, They hate the Jedi , Have the power AND the want to destroy them, love destroying life and anything that stands in their way.... To me it sounds like the Vong and the darkside where seperated at birth.

Farliner
14 May 2003, 05:05 AM
"Old Sith" used technology, when they had it, and Yuzzan Wong, although they revere death, use living beeings instead of machines... besides, Sith would probably never ally with someone, whom they can not controll...

Nova Spice
14 May 2003, 12:57 PM
I want to se most of alla sith allieing himself with the vong...that would be interesting.

Wouldn't count on it. The very fact that the Vong's "absence in the Force" would affect the Sith as well as the Jedi, would probably move the darksiders to a more neutral position. If things went right, I could see the Sith teaming up with perhaps the Imperial Remnant (though I imagine they would've left as soon as the Remnant joined the Galactic Alliance).

The Sith may be the Jedis arch-nemesis, but they are hardly foolish. Joining up with a group of bloodthirsty invaders that are unable to be affected by the Force doesn't sit well for any Jedi, and I doubt it'd sit well for any Sith too.

Besides, the Sith are dead. They died at Endor. :D

Admiral Noshow
14 May 2003, 03:01 PM
I relucantly agree with Nova Spice on this but I have one last thing to say... THe Vong are not abov taking allies from the galaxy example would be the peace birgade.

mojo1701
14 May 2003, 05:32 PM
I think that there was something about the Yuuzhan Vong knowing about the Sith when they took over the libraries of Obroa-Skai in the NJOSB. They read how a Sith infiltrated the Republic's senate, and was able to destroy the entire Jedi Order. It said something about them seeing "these 'Sith' as powerful and worthy allies... if any still existed."

Admiral Noshow
14 May 2003, 05:36 PM
I remeber reading that, Im not going to go looking for it though. It seemed like one of the many authors would have acted on it, But to my dissaoiontment they have yet to do so.

Nova Spice
14 May 2003, 06:01 PM
I think that there was something about the Yuuzhan Vong knowing about the Sith when they took over the libraries of Obroa-Skai in the NJOSB. They read how a Sith infiltrated the Republic's senate, and was able to destroy the entire Jedi Order. It said something about them seeing "these 'Sith' as powerful and worthy allies... if any still existed."

This is directly from Agents of Chaos I: Hero's Trial. As the Vong poured over the information in the Obroa-skai Libraries, some of their agents found bits of information on the Sith.

Harrar, the chief priest who assumed control of the invasion after Shedao Shai's death, ordered his domain's intendants to scour the galaxy for these Sith in hopes of having them join the Vong to rid the galaxy of the Jeedai.

This, I'm sure, became a rather moot point after Tsavong Lah took direct control of the invasion after Fondor. With the infidels being repelled and so many Jedi that perished to the voxyn, it's more than likely that Harrar's plans have fallen through by this stage. However, Harrar hasn't been busy since chasing Jaina in Dark Journey, so it's entirely possible that Shimrra has re-activated his initial plan to recruit the Sith.

Kanner Ra'an
15 May 2003, 03:31 AM
I wouldn't like to see it happen in the books. If it wasn't superweapon of the month it was bad@$$ dark jedi of the month, or a combination of the two. As is i like the general lack of sith in the NJO. Really i think the Vong would say yes to them, get them on a worldship, and make Yun Yammka really happy.