13 May 2003, 10:17 AM
Whos the better fighter and whos the better leader? :daala:

Lucas Carr
13 May 2003, 10:32 AM
I think I have to go with the daughter.

Crin Daroota
13 May 2003, 12:58 PM
This is easy. Leia.

I didn't like Amidala much in Episode 1, and in Episode 2 I liked her for a while. But it's hard for me to get past:

Little Orphan Annie (err I mean future Darth Vader, Dark Lord of the Sith): "I'm a good Jedi, who's dreamed of you for a long time."
24-year-old Galactic Senator (former Queen) Amidala: "Eww stay away I don't want to be nice to you."

Little Orphan Annie (err I mean future Darth Vader, Dark Lord of the Sith): "Wait wait I slaughtered a bunch of sentient life forms, and their kids too."
24-year-old Galactic Senator (former Queen) Amidala: "Ooooh really? C'mere you big stud you."

Okay so it's my interpretation, but it's hard to get that idea outta my head. :P

Rogue Janson
13 May 2003, 02:04 PM
Little Orphan Annie (err I mean future Darth Vader, Dark Lord of the Sith): "Wait wait I slaughtered a bunch of sentient life forms, and their kids too."
Padme: "oh Annie, we all have bad days from time to time. I had to slaughter a whole village of gungans once."

Ardent
13 May 2003, 08:08 PM
You people are twisted...

wolverine
14 May 2003, 03:03 AM
I second that..

cheshire
14 May 2003, 04:51 AM
You people are REALLY twisted.

I want to be like you.

Crin Daroota
14 May 2003, 06:21 AM
It does make life interesting... :P

Hephaestus
14 May 2003, 08:49 AM
I'd have to go with Leia. Leia seems to have more determination and drive behind her. She also kicks butt with a blaster!

In my opinion, Padme wasn't very interesting character. And the who relationship between Padme and Little Orphan Annie (thanks Crin) was too forced, unlike Leia and Han's. Sorry, I guess that's a little off the subject... ;)

Hephaestus

Codym
14 May 2003, 03:58 PM
I can't decided who is the better fighter, probably Padme, but as to who the better leader is, easy. Padme Amidala. Why? She actually leads various forces during the course of the movies, and has achieved victories. Leia was more a sit back and give (sometimes unhelpful) advice type of girl. I'm not even going to consider getting into any sort of debate on better character or romance (too subjective.)

SilverBlade
14 May 2003, 04:21 PM
well, leia became chief of state for awhile AND shes a Jedi. And Padme is just a senetor and isn't really trained to fight. She just looks good with a blaster.

mojo1701
14 May 2003, 05:43 PM
I'd have to go with Leia. She went as far as to resist Vader's Interrogation Droid!

Padme probably would've shrieked, "OH NO! You stupid droid! you ruined my hair! Now how will I get that young Jedi to notice me?"

Brishti Kildruun
16 May 2003, 05:18 AM
I'm sorry, but Padme doesn't hold a candle to Leia in my opinion, (everyone who read a certain post a while back knows how I feel about Padme Ick ) and Leia is just awsome, not to metnion she's got a gret sense of humor AND Han by her side! And fighting, she's the one who tried to save "the boy's" skins in the corridor against the stormies(okay not really an impossible feat but come on) come on now! Leia rocks!

Rogal Dorn
21 May 2003, 12:32 AM
Carrie Fisher was a total junkie throughout episodes IV-VI. She's not a babe either like Natalie Portman is. I hope they get Britney Spears in episode III, to play as the emperors hand, should spice things up a bit. Yeah man thats it, palpatine uses Britney as bait for Anakin, they have an affair, Padme finds out and leaves Anakin, and thats the last straw, Vader Time!

Crymoon
21 May 2003, 12:51 AM
drat... I hate when we begin to talk who's hottest babe...

When we talk about leadership I go for Leia, fighter... Leia... :D

When we atalk about Annie and Padme:
_There was once a Gungun king before whom I have to kneel to defeat the Trade Federation. I keep his head in a jar...

Darth_Cassed
21 May 2003, 07:57 AM
Fine, fine, someone's gotta defend Padme.

I'd say Padme because she's not afraid to take action....as witnessed on several occasions.... and is her own woman. She takes charge, is a leader, is a fighter.

And her looks don't hurt her either :P . That was for you Crymoon!

mojo1701
21 May 2003, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by Crymoon:

There was once a Gungun king before whom I have to kneel to defeat the Trade Federation. I keep his head in a jar...

What if his head was too big for a jar?

Originally posted by Rogal Dorn:

I hope they get Britney Spears in episode III, to play as the emperors hand, should spice things up a bit. Yeah man thats it, palpatine uses Britney as bait for Anakin, they have an affair, Padme finds out and leaves Anakin, and thats the last straw, Vader Time!

Director's cut on the Ep. 3 DVD.

Crymoon
21 May 2003, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by Darth_Cassed
And her looks don't hurt her either :P . That was for you Crymoon!

I won't deny it... :D If you had to choose between Padme and Leia as your brides - no question who you'd choose eh Darth? :D There would be a long queue... BUt I hate such posts as mine now... :D

Franksta
10 June 2003, 09:02 AM
better fighter and leader? Leia. Not to diss Natalie Portman though. She was an excellent choice for Padme, but Leia is a much more enjoyable and entertaining character.

TDZKRAWKS
11 June 2003, 09:25 AM
Leia

reliant
13 June 2003, 09:36 AM
Padme: "oh Annie, we all have bad days from time to time. I had to slaughter a whole village of gungans once."

I certainly wouldn't fault her for THAT...

As for better leader, I'd have to vote for Leia. She was a leader of the rebellion, and later head of the new republic.

For better fighter, I'd have to say it's a tossup. Both Leia and Padme seem comfortable with a blaster, and both have good records when it comes to battles...