PDA

View Full Version : Confusing Info...

TuskenJedi
14 May 2003, 12:48 PM
I went to the Jedi Creed site online somewhere and printed out some of their encyclopedia. While this was all fine and good, I ran across some very confusing information. It told me that when 1.) Aleema (in the time of the Krath), a sith wannabee, set off the a sun into a supernova, it destroyed Ossus and two or three of the Auril systems. I have no idea what they are.

and 2.) There was a battle on this one planet, Ruussan, that decimated both the Sith and Jedi forces in battle there. Something else, related to this, also confused me: it said that there was a meeting of 10,000 Jedi Masters on some desert planet or other to discuss a great disturbance in the Force. In Episode II, there aren't anywhere near that many Jedi. So my question is, was it that battle on Ruussan that made the Jedi so small and therefore more easily defeatable by Palpatine?

and 3.) where holocrons commonplace, or completely unique in the Old Republic?

I'd appreciate help!:?

-TuskenJedi

Reverend Strone
14 May 2003, 05:18 PM
No idea about #s 1 & 3, but with respect to the Ruusan thing, I'd hazard a guess that was written by an EU contributor well in advance of the Prequel films being made. It's only been sincethen that we as fans were made aware that there were so few Jedi in the Galaxy. Up till then we were only guessing, as I imagine were any EU authors.

Within the SW Universe I guess it's possible there were more Jedi once, though I would have thought it wokred the other way, with the number of Jedi increasing as knowledge of the galaxy grew and the number of races sending initiates to the Jedi Order expanded.

Rogue Janson
15 May 2003, 02:36 AM
1) Ossus was a major Jedi world (it might be the planet in the Adega system, I forget). Though the Jedi were able to evacuate, a large number of Jedi artefacts and records were destroyed, a great loss to the order. Jedi Master Ood Bnar also stayed on the planet, turning himself into a tree, to protect a cache of lightsabres. These were discovered thousands of years later when Luke Skywalker visited the planet.

2) I think the battle on Ruusan involved a Sith Lord named Kaan, who set off a thought bomb, killing loads of Jedi and Sith (including himself). I may be mixing it up with Darth Bane though.

3) Holocrons can only be made by experienced Jedi, and are always rare in any era.

Lucas Carr
15 May 2003, 06:56 AM
2. Ruusan is the world where the Valley of the Jedi (known from the Jedi Knight games) can be found. There was a battle on the planet, it is described in PotJ, and it was ended as some Sith (don't remember his name) by a thought bomb as Rogue Janson said.

Tramp
18 May 2003, 12:35 PM
The Battle of Ruusan is covered extensively in the comi book series Jedi VS Sith and was indeed a battle betweem Lord Kaan of the New Sithand his Brotherhood of Darkness, and Lord Hoth of the Jedi and his Order of Light. Darth Bane and a young girl were the only survivors.

Ossus was scourched by a shockwave from artifically induced supernova of the Chron star cluster during the Great Sith War. Though heavilly devestated, the planet itself did survive, and is slowly recovering over thousands of years.