PDA

View Full Version : Destroying the ring

wolverine
17 May 2003, 04:09 AM
Ok We know that 'ring' around the jedi fighter was for enabiling it to go into hyperspace. So why did jango not go back and destroy it when he thought he delt with Obi??

Also, if it was destroyed, how would Obi get anywhere else???

starkiller210
17 May 2003, 05:54 AM
What time do you mean, When he leaves Kamino or when he goes to Geonosis. When he was leaving Kamino I guess he was in a rush, as for going to Geonosis I think he thought Obi-Wan was dead so there was no reason to destroy it(but that doesn't sound like Jango)

Jim Williams
17 May 2003, 06:02 AM
It's very small and probably hard to detect on sensors.

Vanger Chevane
17 May 2003, 06:34 AM
Jango was planning to return after taking care of some business & recover the ring as salvage.

Hyperdrives ain't cheap, no matter the era.

Altman
28 May 2003, 06:15 PM
Well ...as i recall the book...Jango and Boba were looking over Obi-Wan's ship and evaluating it..it's possible that he just wasn't particularly knowledgable about it...and didn't know it needed the booster ring.

AzmoDanakar
29 May 2003, 08:52 AM
The powercore was probably contained in the fighter portion of the craft, so without power the Hyperdrive Ring might have just registered as 380kg of durasteel, or 'space-junk'. The ring may have auxiliary power units, but unpowered vessels are usually harder to detect with sensors...Plus for the Geonosis system, Jango was probably using all of his sensors to navigate through the asteroid ring. It always intrigues me to see how people can fill in gaps or apparent gaps in continuity with ingenuity and psuedo-science. :P

sebulba524
10 June 2003, 05:19 PM
I'd say he didn't know about it. It seems unlikely that he'd know there was a seperate piece for hyperspace travel while leaving kamino. And on Geonosis, it'd be hard to pick out anything in an asteroid field methinks.