PDA

View Full Version : Did the ancient Sith have blasters?

AthonRogue
20 May 2003, 12:41 PM
I can't seem to find it anywhere, Did the ancient Sith (ie Naga Sadow) have blasters or was it just those lanvorak or whatever they are?
It could be I am just overlooking something in the sourcebooks but....

starkiller210
30 May 2003, 06:09 AM
I remember that in the han solo trilogy when the went looking for the treasure on Xim the despot, they came acrost some blast tubes with are like backpack blasters that are un accurate and not very reliable from the era of the sith.

farr0095
30 May 2003, 06:33 AM
From the Tales of the Jedi Sourcebook, plasma weapons were the norm until somewhere between 3,500-4,000 BBY, IIRC. Although, without my sourcebooks at hand, I can't give you a precise answer on blasters during Naga Sadow's era specifically. But, depending on when you're talking in the timline of the "ancient Sith", the answer may be yes or no.

Ravager_of_worlds
30 May 2003, 08:05 AM
the Sith Battleship in the DSSB is armed with blaster cannons... whether they had a miniaturized blaster pistol, I can't say. I think most of the Tales of the Jedi comics only gave the Sith swords and lightsabers... but their security droids in Gamer #5 had blaster rifles apparently.. I'd say draw your own conclusions- if they had blaster technology, chances are the weapons are a little less powerful, accurate and heavier. the A&E Guide has a few game stats for earlier weapons as well.