PDA

View Full Version : Ship ID needed

Altman
22 May 2003, 08:30 PM
Howdy Folks...not sure if this is the place for this question or not, but here goes.

I'm trying to ID a ship from the Star Wars Rebellion game...it's the one that destroys the imperial insignia if you loose while running the empire. Unfortuinatly i can't seem to find any info on it.

It appears to be a correllian design. 2 bow mandables with a cockpit in between. Also a circular Ion engine in the rear. oh yeah...one more thing i think i forgot to mention....guns...lots of guns...it appears to have turrets top and bottom similar to the falcon, also at the end of each mandable, and on either side above where the ramp would be on the falcon...

if anyone could get me an ID on the ship, or better yet (and i know it's a long shot) the stats for it i'd be quite happy...

Thanks for any help you folks can give me...

Later Days

hisham
22 May 2003, 10:33 PM
I might be mistaken, but are these what you were talking about?

D20 (http://www.swtft.com/ships/yt2000d20.html)

D6 (http://www.starwars-rpg.net/toris/yt2000.shtml)

Crymoon
22 May 2003, 11:13 PM
You've got a great home page hisham!!!
I was stunned by some of the pictures... they are awsome!!!!

hisham
23 May 2003, 03:31 AM
I apologize, Crymoon. It was not my intention to stun anyone with them...

Oh, and thanks. ;)

Crymoon
23 May 2003, 03:34 AM
I'd better be shot with stun than with other settings... :D....
Keep up the great work!!!

Altman
23 May 2003, 06:41 AM
hisham, nice site...i particularly like the gunstar.

as far as my quest goes...well i will say you are quite close. The one i'm looking for the cockpit is shorter in legnth than the mandables, and is set somewhat above them.
But i will say thank you...since it gives me a nice place to start.

hisham
23 May 2003, 07:37 AM
Well, to tell you the truth, those links for the YT-2000 aren't on my site. Crymoon was probably talking about the link at my sig. :)

Farliner
23 May 2003, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by Altman
hisham, nice site...i particularly like the gunstar.

as far as my quest goes...well i will say you are quite close. The one i'm looking for the cockpit is shorter in legnth than the mandables, and is set somewhat above them.
But i will say thank you...since it gives me a nice place to start.

Actualy, the ship in SW: Rebellion is deffinitely NOT the YT-200. I would say, that it is some heavily customised version of YT series -experimental model, maybe a "precursor" to the YT-2000. Accordingly to the ammpount of the guns that ship carry, it seems to bea gunboat, not a freighter - probably, used to be a feighter, but was re-engineered intoa gunboat. Power generators should take up most of the inside of that ship :) Not to menthion, that it is a lot "thinnier" than YT-2000.

Altman
23 May 2003, 06:14 PM
Actualy, the ship in SW: Rebellion is deffinitely NOT the YT-200. I would say, that it is some heavily customised version of YT series -experimental model, maybe a "precursor" to the YT-2000. Accordingly to the ammpount of the guns that ship carry, it seems to bea gunboat, not a freighter - probably, used to be a feighter, but was re-engineered intoa gunboat. Power generators should take up most of the inside of that ship Not to menthion, that it is a lot "thinnier" than YT-2000.

Tis about what i figured...but as i said...it's a starting point...and honestly i don't want that many guns on my ship anyway...i'm more the smuggler type, guns are nice and pritty and all...and at time quite usefull, but i'd rather have someplace to put cargo...otherwise tis tough to make a living...

ah well...if anyone else has any ideas let me know...

thanks again folks

Altman
25 May 2003, 10:06 AM
Ok...so i just attempted to post a wonderful reply...with a long and wonderous story of how my questi for information is going and where it has taken me... it was...if i may say so...quite the entertaining story...unfortuinatly....well the internet at it...

So the short version is i've had it suggested on the Wizard's board (where i also posted this question) that the ship in question might be a YT-1500...i've poked around and found a large ammount of contradictory info on the YT-1500, mostly implying that the Falcon is a YT-1500 or showing pictures of a YT-2400, so you can see my problem.

Anyone got any semi official, official, or mayhaps even partially relyable info on the YT-1500...or as always on the ship described in my first post?

Nova Spice
25 May 2003, 12:56 PM
Well, I am well aware of the ship in question and if I were to make an educated guess, I'd say that was a YT-1950. The YT-1500 would not have changed to that extreme; it would be far closer to the YT-1300, than the YT-2000.

Altman, I'd go ahead and tag it as a YT series somewhere between the 1750 and the 1950. If you want, I can make some stats for it? Just let me know. ;)

Altman
25 May 2003, 01:02 PM
Nova Spice, i'd love to see what your take on the ship would be, both as a stock ship, and as what is seen in the brief seconds of the game. If your willing to take the time i'd be interested in the out come. Thanks.

Rogue Janson
25 May 2003, 02:42 PM
It's definitely a really cool ship, with the style of a YT and the firepower of a small gunship. Got to love the cutscenes from that game, they were all really good.

Altman
25 May 2003, 04:43 PM
I do agree about the cut sceans...although i will also say that when your trying to get to it so you can study the 30 or so seconds of screen time the ship gets and thenget back again...so you can really study it...can be a bit of a pain...but such is life

Farliner
26 May 2003, 04:52 AM
I wanted to do a 3dmodel for that ship once... but after a carefull studdy, I understood, that it would be extremely difficult to do properly, due to the huge ammount of systems exposed. As for game stats, I would say, that it have way less armor oon it, compared to, say YT-2400, as there were lots of parts not covered by any sort of armor. Obviously, if have a very good firepower, and, probably, some military-grade shields to boot. Of corse, tht leaves very little place for cargo, probably just a hold for a commando team, as it seems to be a gunship, so it could be used for insertion of commandoes into "hot" zones, and as fire support/anti-starfighter ship in small-scale fleet engagements.

Hmm...I'l have to check up on the movie, to see if I vcan identify the weapons...

Rogue Janson
26 May 2003, 06:57 AM
I counted top and bottom laser turrets, I think with double cannons, and single laser cannons on the sides, plus one or two concussion missile launch tubes at the front. Long time since I've watched the FMV though.

Altman
27 May 2003, 08:16 AM
Don't you just love Flameing Death Weapoons?

Although i must say...i'm thinking the prospect of makeing money hauling cargo seems MUCH safer than trying to make a go as a pirate, or joining the Rebels or some such.

After all the money you spend to buy yourself a ship...it just seems crazy to take it up against a star destroyer. Even with all the flameing death weapons...

Nova Spice
27 May 2003, 09:29 AM
Altman, I'm still working on the stats for the ship and I should have them done within the next day or two; I'm kinda busy with work for this week, but should have some free time tonight or tomorrow morning. ;)

Altman
27 May 2003, 10:08 AM
Nova Spice...I look foreward to what you come up with. Thanks for takeing the time to put the numbers together.

Altman
10 June 2003, 04:04 PM
So...for all the "I Need stats for this ship! What Is it?" I did here a couple weeks ago...what did I do last weekend while stuck in a hotel in PA? started to sketch and design a totally new ship...from scratch...so while i'd love to see Nova's stats for the ship in question here...it's not longer imparative...

Thanks again for all your help folks...

sjard
10 June 2003, 08:02 PM
it's been a long time since i've seen that ending sequence (especially since i usually play the Ipmerals in that game), but i'd tentativly ID'd it as a Corellian Crusier or modified Corellian Gunboat

sjard

Altman
13 August 2003, 07:28 PM
Wow...it's been a whiile since i was questing for this...but i do want to say thanks for all the help folks...

Also, Nova, if you ever got those stats put together i'd still love to see 'em.

Thanks again folks.