PDA

View Full Version : Arkanis and the Arkanis Sector

Basemonger
25 May 2003, 12:12 AM
I need as many refrences as I can for Arkanis and the Arkanis sector; aparently, they arn't in the same place...

cartographer
27 May 2003, 04:43 AM
The planet Arkanis is mentioned in Galaxy Guide #9-Fragments from the Rim. I don't have any other notes about it, so it must not have given any detail as to it's location. The Arkanis sector contains the planet Tatooine according to various sources, as well as the Pii system which on the border of the Mid-Rim and Outer-Rim according to SWAJ 6. I have put the approximate location of the Arkanis sector on the galaxy map at Nav-Computer.com (http://www.nav-computer.com).

Hope this helps.

Rogue Janson
27 May 2003, 05:31 AM
I think the Essential Guide to Species says that the Arkanians were either involved in, or actually located within, the Sith Empire. The Sith Empire is usually placed in the North East area of the galaxy, around Korriban and Yavin, so I'd tentatively place the planet somewhere around there.

Oh, that assumes of course that Arkanis is the homeworld of the Arkanians and I don't know whether that's correct or not.

cartographer
27 May 2003, 09:18 AM
Arkanians are from Arkania (also on my map (http://www.nav-computer.com)). Unless the quote in GG9 is a typo (which is always possible), Arkanis is a separate planet.

Rogue Janson
27 May 2003, 09:38 AM
ok, I stand duly corrected.
I need to check whether Arkania was actually part of the Sith Empire now, because it's right at the edge of the colonies and this would give more indication of the location and extent of the Sith.

Basemonger
27 May 2003, 11:45 AM
See, that's what I thought: Arkanis has little or nothing to do with the ARKANIS SECTOR.

Which is why my players, "not so legal" merchants, are a bit fustrated that their campaign took an unusual twist;

"Wheres my shipments? I ordered them, and it's been over two months!"
"What did your instructions say?"
"Ship this item to the capital of Arkanis"
"So maybe they were sent to Dom-Bradden, instead. You should check on that".

Now, granted, Children of the Jedi is the only place I could find Dom-Bradden mentioned, but I di see a map that put it on the crossroads of several trade routes in the Arkais sector; If anyone knows where that map is from, please let me know. I think the Affytechan are the species for that world, if that helps...

It's possible, in theory, The arkanians have been around long enough that they may have Colonized the sector and their capital is name after a promenant arkanian...

Hmm. What is the capital of the arkanis sector, any how...?

AzmoDanakar
29 May 2003, 08:58 AM
As far as the Arkanian homeworld, I recall coming across mention that there was a Sith Library or Academy type place there at one time, but I believe that by the time of many of the TotJ comics that Academy was the distant past. I could be wrong as that is the murkiest (i.e least defined) era of the Star Wars millieu.

Korpil
29 May 2003, 10:55 AM
From my page:

Arkania, New Jedi Order sourcebook, page 142
Arkanians, Power of the Jedi page 64 and Alien Anthology page 57

Also various mentions on Arkania were made on WotC's webpage
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=starwars/article/sw20030206arkania

Anyway, I don't have any info on Arkanis or Arkanis sector..