PDA

View Full Version : Mini Storage Question

Treebeard
26 June 2006, 10:51 AM
What do people use to store their mini's in? What about when you go to a tourniment, how do you transport your figs from table to table?

PneumaZ
26 June 2006, 11:08 AM
I have 3 methods.

The 1st is for my Rare's. They stay in a special tacklebox i picked up at wal-mart for 20 bucks. it has about 250 some odd compartments perfectly sized for minis. It opens up into 3 tiers and then has a base so you can put in your oversized rare's, maps, dice etc...

Its a good way to keep your rare's in good order and keep some uncommons on the lower levels.

The 2nd Method is for my mostly uncommons and commons. I buy these really great 2.99 tackle cases, that are about 14 inches wide, 10-12 inches tall and 1-2 inches thick. again it has tons of sections so i can load up 2 cases worth of commons and uncommons into the case and keep them on hand. if i want to take them with, i can open up the tackle box and remove the oversized rares from the bottom and insert 1 or 2 of these cases easily and keep my maps etc....

My last method is general storage. which is a simple 3 shelved plastic container which can hold 4 or 5 of the 2.99 tackle cases and my tackle box goes right on top. i use these to hold my huge minis, like the rancor etc.... If i need to take it with me, i will put the oversizes in my tacklebox or just lift up the whole shelf as it weighs almost nothing. In general though i find that the HUGE minis are not needed for everyday skirmishes so they are left at the house and I use the tacklebox and cases as needed.

Treebeard
27 June 2006, 02:56 AM
which tackel box/cases do you use?

I saw a kid with a 7771 tackel box last night. It was huge and he said that it coast about $70. That is too much for a case as far as I am concerned.

gmjabreson
27 June 2006, 05:39 AM
not really considering there's a website that sells storage trunks with cut away foam inside to form the spaces around minis and such, costing up to 200 dollars. I gutted an ancient Hotwheels car carrying case for the very small ammount of minis I still have.

Heirophant_X
27 June 2006, 09:13 AM
I bought my boy a tackle box and a toolbox. They both cost about 15$ from Target. The tacklebox holds all his minis except for what he calls "My Supreme Squad" which he's always playing with either on the gaming table or in the den storming the computer desk or whatever. The toolbox has an inch and a half deep top with compartments so some minis end up in there, the inside though, is all space. THAT's where he keeps his AT-ST and Hailfire droid, Flash Speeder, etc and his maps. The AT-AT he just carries around on his shoulder with his arm through the legs. :D

Donovan Morningfire
27 June 2006, 09:22 AM
I use the "el cheapo" tackleboxes that PnuemaZ mentioned (get 'em from WalMarts for 3 bucks each) for all my figures except the Huges, which are packed in extra booster boxes from the Universe set. It's not as glamourous as some of the more expensive cases, but it gets the job done and doesn't cost a small fortune (cost less than $30 for storage for all my regular-sized figures).

As for fitting them, I usually pack commons and uncommons in batches of r to 6 (depending on size and stance) per 'slot', and R/VR figs no more than three, sometimes only 2 (again depending on size and stance).

PneumaZ
27 June 2006, 10:56 AM
My Main Tackle Box for rare's is a Plano "six tray" box

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4307144

I can usually fit 3-4 rare's on each row (about 7 rows on the top levels, the lower ones vary). Plus two main rows in the center which can easily hold 15.

This is also comparable, it holds the cheapo's inside of it so thats pretty neat

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4303556

I also found this one to be pretty interesting, though you dont really need the light.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4910678

The cheapos are super inexpensive and easily found on any tackle section at walmart. Hope that helps!