PDA

View Full Version : What is Tim Zahn doing?

Admiral Noshow
26 May 2003, 09:44 PM
Well I was just curoius if anyone knows what Tim Zahn is doing. I kinda hope he is working on a new Star Wars novel (he is my fav writer for SW) anyways any info on him or his latest projects would be apprieciated (its late i dunno how to spell it :mad: )

Reverend Strone
26 May 2003, 10:08 PM
If you recall the Outbound Flight Project from Tim Zahn's Heir to the Empire trilogy, then you may be excited to hear his next book details the events surrounding that ill fated expedition back in the Old Republic days!

Frobi-Wan Kenobi
26 May 2003, 10:43 PM
That's what Zahn's next next book going to focus on Rev.

Survivor's Quest is his next book that is set in the late NR era after even the Hand Duology which will mainly focus on Luke & Mara's trip into Chiss space. I believe that it's to be published late next year.

The as yet untitled and much awaited prequel era novel by the 'master of EU' us due out late 2005. This is the one that'll be all about Thrawn's destruction of the Outbound Flight Project and his abandonment in the Unknown Regions.

Korpil
27 May 2003, 04:42 AM
He's doing a trilogy of short stories for the Star Wars Insider Magazine, they'll start on the next issue 68. Although these stories will occur during the Clone Wars, but he's supposed to tie some ends between classic and prequel trilogies...

Check out:

http://www.paizo.com/news/pressreleases/zahnfiction_051203.shtml

there's even a sample.

Nova Spice
27 May 2003, 09:33 AM
Korpil, I have issue 68 and read Zahn's short story. For what little space he had to work with, Zahn quickly brought the characters to life and efficiently setup the plot for an interesting battle on a lushous world. It was refreshing to step back into Zahn's take on Star Wars! :D

And for all you EU buffs out there; Kinmian Doriana is the main character of the story. You might recall his name from the Outbound Flight Project.

Korpil
27 May 2003, 09:46 AM
My copy of the insider hasn't arrived yet, but it's in the way! I receive them on sort of a US-based PO box whose contents are sent monthly to my place in Mexico...

It's nice to hear that Zahn's quality hasn't diminished... I just finished re-reading his short stories for the Adventure Journal and he shines in every one! Even that strange cooperation with Mike Stackpole!

Jedi Master Talon
30 May 2003, 09:19 AM
That sounds really amazing. I can't wait.

Tramp
3 June 2003, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by Korpil

It's nice to hear that Zahn's quality hasn't diminished... I just finished re-reading his short stories for the Adventure Journal and he shines in every one! Even that strange cooperation with Mike Stackpole!

Personally, I think Zahn and Stackpole make a woderful team, Their colaborative effort in the Tales of the New Republic was stupendous. I'd love to see them collaborate on a full length novel.

TDZKRAWKS
12 June 2003, 03:39 PM
I can't wait for his next work!

Korpil
13 June 2003, 03:46 AM
I just read the first part of Hero of Cartao, and I think is pretty good... as usual he manages me to wonder what's going on, and what advantages will either the Republic or the Sith gain from the Spaarti incident (besides of the obvious clone cylinders)... aagh, why do I have to wait so long? ;)

Darthspectre84
13 June 2003, 04:35 AM
I know this is off the topic but i hope in Insider they detail the last Battle of N'Zoth (when YV destroyed them).