PDA

View Full Version : OOC: IoT

Pages : [1] 2

farr0095
27 May 2003, 04:27 PM
Welcome to the Invasion of Theed Play by Post Campaign. I hope you all enjoy things, and that we keep things moving quickly and smoothly.

Extended Absences
I know that we all have business trips, vacations, and other reasons that we lose access to the Internet and therefore the Holonet. I understand this, but ask that you provide notice in this thread. For short periods, your character may just “fall silent” in the background for a bit. For longer periods, I’ll NPC your character. For the times that I’m away without access, I’ll be sure to give notice, but I apologize in advance if the game gets temporarily delayed; hopefully that won’t be necessary.

Posting Guidelines
Here are a few guidelines/requests to keep in mind while you’re posting.
Do’s
- Please post in third person and present tense. Keeping a standard makes the post easier to read and hopefully will allow the game to be read like a story.
- Feel free to make long posts. I love good narrative and enjoy rewarding your hard work and efforts with bonus XP.
- Get descriptive in your choice of how to describe your action. Saying “Toba creeps across the ceramic tiled plaza, attempting to hide his approach in the shadows,” is so much more interesting than “Toba uses the sneak skill.”
- Limit your OOCs to short one-liners to add what you need to your posts. A good example is to make sure that I know what skill you want to use, add an OOC at the bottom, saying “OOC: Sneak across the plaza.” However, typically I’ll get a good idea of what you want to do and I’ll find the most appropriate skill to use. Sometimes where you think it should be a Spot check, really it should be a Search check and vice-versa.
Don’ts
- Post OOC-only posts in the IC thread. If all you have to say about a previous post is an OOC, quote it and drop it into this thread.
- Quote more than you post. Although I do find that in PbP quoting is less necessary than in PbeM, since all the previous posts are listed above.
- Give a one-line post. Even if you are just writing dialog, you can expand on what your character is thinking or feeling at the moment.
- Play any one else’s characters including main NPCs.

Skill Resolutions
I will make the rolls and post the results in narrative format for skill checks. I will post changes in VP and WP as an OOC line my posts, so you can keep track of that yourself.

Backgrounds
You should have received the basic background on your character. Most of them are very similar, in addition to being limited. I encourage you to expand upon your backgrounds, allowing you to customize your character. Bonus XP will be awarded for good backgrounds.

Experience Points
I will award XP as it rolls in. So, if you get Bonus XP for a great post, RP interaction, I’ll give it at that time. That potentially means that characters will not level at the same time. It also allows for a character to level in the middle of the adventure. If that happens, your character didn’t just suddenly “Power Up” like the Super Twins calling out “ Wonder Twins powers, activate!”, despite what the stats indicate.

I mentioned earlier that I give XP for three primary reasons, listed now in order of importance:
1) Introspective RP
2) Interactive RP
3) Adventure Resolution.

Typically I keep XP to myself, but naturally I’ll let you know when you level up. If you’re interested in knowing what your current XP is and even how you earned it, let me known and I’ll respond privately to tell you the answers.

Most of the pre-scripted adventures have recommended XP awards for their successful completion. These seem kind of high, in my opinion, but we’re going to use them, which could result in fast leveling.

Miscellaneous
Have fun and enjoy yourselves. As questions arise, we’ll address them here or off the boards if necessary. Let me know if there are things that I can do better or to help make the game more enjoyable for you. After all, first and foremost, this should be about having fun and telling an epic adventure where you get to play the heroes!

Howling Wookiee
27 May 2003, 04:40 PM
Hello everyone I am David, Howling Wookiee on the Network. I look forward to meeting all of your and I'm excited about RPing with all of you.
Farr your guidelines are straight forward and to the point. Being new to PbP, if I make any newbie mistakes correct me so I do not repeat them.
Again I look forward to RPing with all of you.

red5_5
27 May 2003, 06:56 PM
Hi, my name is Nick. I'm relitively new to roleplaying. So don't get on me too hard if I make a mistake!:) There aren't many people around here that roleplay, so I decided that I would give this a try. Can't wait to get to the adventuring!:D

Rogue Janson
28 May 2003, 03:50 AM
Hello all, I'm Tim and I'm going to be playing your handy neighbourhood scoundrel Arani Korden. I'll probably post up an expanded description and updated stats for her later today.

A question for Farr - how closely do you want to stick to the planned adventure?
I've only played one WotC adventure before (the one from the Tatooine SB ) and we managed to skip about half of it, including the climactic encounter. How much should we jump on adventure hooks, go off on our own thing and take hints from the GM about what we should do?

I just realised, I'm now playing three RPG characters, all of whom are female. How strange is that.

Rogue Janson
28 May 2003, 08:31 AM
Here's a start with a character background:

Arani Korden is a human female in her late teens/early twenties(?). Tall, with a lithe build. She has fairly short brown hair, usually styled in some current fashion and green eyes. She is almost invariably dressed in eye catching colours and designs. Though she avoids the more traditional Naboo dress (except sometimes for formal occasions), she will often wear colours popular with the Naboo upper class, such as royal purples and bright oranges and yellows. (there's a picture of Arani, of course, in the rulebook on page 43.)

Arani Korden is a daughter of a Theed noble. The wealthy Korden family have been major players in Naboo business, politics and society for several generations now. Though a large part of their money is inherited, each generation has added to the family's affluence. Currently, Arani's parents and one of her brothers are active in shipping and are trying to build up their influence with Naboo's engineering corps (manufacturers of the N-1). These activities have suffered from the aggressive tactics of the Trade Federation, and the Federation's blockade is currently crippling shipping activities.

Like many aspiring young Naboo, Arani attends the Royal House of Learning, where she studies a wide range of subjects. She is generally a bright student. Though not always wise enough to keep a slightly insolent attitude to herself, she gets on well with the teachers and other students. Although she is always interested in learning new things, Arani can be impatient with the House of Learning and her elders and tends to strain against regulations. A nascent talent for subterfuge and stealth means she is generally successful in getting away with things, but if found out, she is normally able to charm her way out. On more than one occasion, her friends have had to rescue her from a difficult situation however.

Arani has a taste for fashion and expensive items. As a priviliged young woman with a rather flippant attitude to life, she could attract resentment from her fellows, but her sense of humour and charisma make her hard to dislike. In addition, her position does have advantages for those who know her, as she has an aptitude for bargaining and making deals, which she is normally happy to help others with. Of course when acquiring goods for people she makes a profit - there's family prestige at stake - but with friends it's always small.

At the Royal Academy, Arani has met and befriended the other characters, as they all look forward to the exciting prospect of adventure. In this respect, she is rather naive and overconfident. She has already practised firing blaster pistols with Galak in the Academy's training ground, demonstrating quite a keen aim. As the city buzzes with rumours of a Trade Federation invasion, she sees it as a chance to become a hero.

Arani Korden: Adult Female Human, Scoundrel 1; Init +4 (+4 Dex); Def 16 (+4 Dex, +2 Class); Spd 10m; VP/WP 7/12; Atk +0 melee (1d3, punch), +4 or +0/+0 ranged (3d6, Blaster [Pistol]); SQ Illicit barter; SV Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +0; SZ M; FP: 1; Rep: +0; Str 10, Dex 18, Con 12, Int 13, Wis 10, Cha 14.
Equipment: 150 credits, Blaster [Pistol], Comlink, Credit Chip, DataPad, Glow rod, Security kit, Tool kit
Skills: Appraise +2, Bluff +6, Climb +2, Computer Use +5, Diplomacy +6, Disable Device +7, Disguise +3, Gather Information +6, Listen +4, Move Silently +8, Read/Write Basic, Repair +7, Search +4, Sleight of Hand +5, Speak Basic
Feats: Dodge, Trustworthy, Weapons Group Proficiency (blaster pistols, simple weapons)

Edit: corrected mistake on skills.

If anyone has any questions about Arani, ask away, it'll be a good way to expand and fill out the character.

farr0095
28 May 2003, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by Rogue Janson
A question for Farr - how closely do you want to stick to the planned adventure?
I've only played one WotC adventure before (the one from the Tatooine SB) and we managed to skip about half of it, including the climactic encounter. How much should we jump on adventure hooks, go off on our own thing and take hints from the GM about what we should do?

To start, very nice background... nicely written too. :)

As for the planned adventure... I think we'll take it as we get it. If you've played before, please just keep in mind what the character knows and what the character would do. Otherwise, if we go off on a "tangent" so be it. We'll have an adventure in an adventure, and I'm ready to accept that challenge.

Howling Wookiee
28 May 2003, 01:14 PM
Rann I-Kanu’s Background

Rann is a human Jedi padawan, in his early 20s and is from Talus in the Corellian Sector. He is under the tuteledge of Master Ali-Vor. Rann was selected for Jedi training at a very early age. Master Ali-Vor selected the infant Rann as his apprentice and assured his mother and father that he would be taken care of and that he would be a Jedi. His sad but proud parents seen their son off and would hope to visit him regularly, as they owned a small shipping company and traveled a lot on cargo runs.
Two years after Rann left for the Academy a band of pirates ambushed the I-Kanu family freighter and killed Rann’s parents and destroyed the ship. Saddened by Rann’s loss, Master Ali-Vor took it upon himself to be more than a teacher and instructor but to also be a father figure to the newly orphaned Rann. Eventually Rann was told of his parents death and the young padawan briefly lost control of his anger and fear. He vowed to seek the pirate band and destroy them all with his newly found Jedi powers. Under Master Ali-Vor’s guidance Rann saw that his brief departure away from the light side was wrong and fortunately Rann did not act on his intentions. Steered in the right direction, Rann took to his studies with a dedication and loyalty still spoke of in the Council. The young padawan grieves for his lost family but he knows that he can help other families with his talents in the force.
Per Master Ali-Vor’s instructions, Rann has left the Jedi Temple on Coruscant to attend the Royal House of Learning on Naboo. Master Ali-Vor thinks that Rann needs some “real world” training before he can progress under Master Ali-Vor. Rann heard before he left the Temple that the Council also needed Ali-Vor to go on an important mission to dispute a century old civil war on an undisclosed world. This bothered Rann alittle, because he wonders why his master did not want him to go along with him. He dismisses the doubt and heads off to Naboo.
At the Royal House of Learning he meets and befriends the other members of the group. He takes classes with them and they spend spare time together. He takes the same approach to his studies as he did in the Temple. His instructors are very please with his accomplishments. Although he tries to hide it the others know that he pushes himself to hard and expects too much from himself. Rann is always trying to push his personal envelope to its limits and that sometimes makes him reckless.
Rann wears the traditional Jedi garb. He wears a light tan tunic and trousers, with a dark brown belt that his azure (white/blue) lightsaber is attached to, and he wears the dark brown Jedi outer robes when in public. He has black hair, intense brown eyes, and is has a tan complection. Rann has an athletic build, he is 5'11", and 180 lbs.

red5_5
28 May 2003, 03:39 PM
Here is Sia-Lan's background:

Sia-Lan Wezz is in her late teens/early twenties. She has long, brown hair that she keeps in a braid down her back. Her blue eyes show a need to explore the world on her own and the desire to learn more about the Force. She is 5’ 7” and about 115 pounds. She wears a gray, pinkish, and white Jedi tunic. On her brown belt she wears her pink lightsaber.
When Sia-Lan was very young her parents were killed in a freak landspeeder crash. She was sent to an orphanage to spend the rest of her childhood. By chance, a Jedi Knight was on the planet searching for force-sensitive children. He found her in the orphanage and took her to the Jedi Temple to be trained in the ways of the Jedi. Sia-Lan didn’t find many friends in the Temple. She felt like she didn’t fit in. In her early teens she still didn’t have a master. Before she was sent to the Agricorps the Jedi Knight who found her in the orphanage came to find a padawan. Master Lo-Jad took her as his padawan learner. Because she was almost sent to the Agricorps, Sia-Lan often doubts her own abilities.
Sia-Lan was sent to the study at Theed’s Royal House of Learning on Naboo when her master was sent with Raan I-Kanu’s master to end a civil war on an out of the way planet. When Sia-Lan met her new friends at the House of Learning, for the first time in her life she felt like she fit in. She loves to study at the House of Learning and takes pride in her good work. When she is alone, she meditates to find out her path in life. When she is with her friends she is relaxed and happy. She likes to duel with Raan for practice and study for her classes.
Sia-Lan has heard many rumors about the Trade Federation on Naboo. She knows she will be ready if they come to take the planet. Sia-Lan sees this as a way to show herself that she wasn’t intended for the Agricorps.

Howling Wookiee
28 May 2003, 06:12 PM
Everyone's backgrounds look good. I feel we have a very imaginative group here. Red good job on playing off my background with out masters good touch. Maybe we can spin off on that somewhere down the line. Well looking forward to seeing all you in IC land.

red5_5
28 May 2003, 06:39 PM
Thanks, can't wait to start roleplaying with you guys. I hope we have fun!

farr0095
28 May 2003, 06:40 PM
Although it turned out remarkable smaller than I had thought it would be, the first IC post is up. The delay has been the GM's desire to give you a map to work with. We'll see how that works out.

The game has begun, and you may reach it through the following link (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12702).

farr0095
29 May 2003, 12:20 PM
I've finally gotten the map for the first scene (already posted) made. Typically I'll include Map as an OOC at the bottom of my posts. But here is the link: http://www.tc.umn.edu/~farr0095/IoT/Map_1.0.jpg. Future maps will also be there, but listed as 1.1, 1.2, etc. The scale is one block equals one meter; you may have to blow it up to get a better view. Also, for those interested, 1px = 2cm.

Also, quick note, in case you forgot. I'd like to retain control over all rolls, and since I have the stats, you don't need to worry about OOC's at the bottom of your posts listing your skill checks or the like. Also, I'll write in paragraph order who's actions come first when they get resolved, but if there's ever a question of skill check results, please feel free to ask.

Rogue Janson
29 May 2003, 01:47 PM
Looking nice so far.

I've tried to post to give an idea of what I intend to do for a couple of rounds. I'll try and imply whom I target my Arani's dodge bonus at, but I'll probably end up having to note it OOC quite a lot. Though if I ever forget or it's unclear, feel free to target it yourself Farr. :D

Are those 1m round grey/brown bits on the map walls?
If so (I presume they are), how high are they?

farr0095
29 May 2003, 06:38 PM
Are those 1m round grey/brown bits on the map walls?
If so (I presume they are), how high are they?

First, I'll say thanks for the nice words.

Second, those are walls, yes. Amazing how they're in the middle of a plaza. Strange architecture. But fun for cover. They are 2m tall. On the sides, you see a building in the upper left, with a nice stair case leading inside. The lower right shows a building as well.

I'll try and imply whom I target my Arani's dodge bonus at, but I'll probably end up having to note it OOC quite a lot.

Oh yeah, I should address this: if you declare your dodge bonus, I'll assume it's in effect against that target until you redeclare or combat ends. Fair enough?

Howling Wookiee
30 May 2003, 03:44 AM
Farr, I was just curious. Are you gonna post initiative in the posts? Was wondering, b/c I might want to act off someone else's action if I came after them, ect. ect.

farr0095
30 May 2003, 04:21 AM
Originally posted by Howling Wookiee
Farr, I was just curious. Are you gonna post initiative in the posts? Was wondering, b/c I might want to act off someone else's action if I came after them, ect. ect.

That's one place where PbP and PbeM break down from traditional rules. Typically, the way I'll show Initiative is in the order I post actions. Among other things, that really works in my mind as to how things actually would happen in combat. In a matter of 6 seconds, when things are going crazy all over, you typically aren't going to have the opportunity to look around, waiting on someone else. Now, if someone posts their action and you want to work off that, I can't stop you. If you choose to talk on the side with me or anyone else about your actions - in other words, coordinating with them out of the threads - again, I can't stop you. And since you have the option to edit your posts - something impossible to do in PbeM games - you can actually go back and change your actions. But at some point, you have to take rules that were made for Table Top games and do your best estimation of them into a text based game that defies the ideas of timing the designers intended.

So, to sum that all up, I don't plan to say what I roll for each person's initiative. If that's a real issue, I'll look at it again, but I'd rather pull the mechanics off to my side, and concentrate more on the RP and story in the posts. :)

Howling Wookiee
30 May 2003, 09:21 AM
Good response. That was the explanation I was looking for.

farr0095
30 May 2003, 04:02 PM
Argh... sometimes the dice just don't love you. And in this case, they apparently don't love me. Chop Suey is the best description I have of the droids. And Rogue Janson shall receive the brunt of my frustration, as he destroyed the one droid who actually did something. A) It hit it's target, and B) had a potential crit!

You see, I often roll everyone's attacks at once, just to get the rolling out of the way. I keep them listed and then go through and determine if the attacks ever really happened. But Arani's target was Droid #3 in my book, which happened to act last. :( Ah, the sorrows of GMing. :P

Rogue Janson
31 May 2003, 04:05 AM
hey, don't blame me if I have a +4 dex bonus. After all, I didn't stat the character. And the last thing we need at this point is one of the player characters being criticalled by a battle droid.

Is that speeder a gian or flash or some other type?

Oh, I liked the way you described the battle droids being destroyed Shannon. I really got the feeling, like you do in the films, that these things would fall to pieces if you shook them hard or that despite their being made of metal you could destroy them by kicking them hard enough.

farr0095
31 May 2003, 05:22 AM
Ah... I don't blame you. But I also didn't want something that you guys can just waltz through without any sense of danger. There's no need to have heroes that can get overly cocky on their first encounter. ;)

You're hopping into a Flash Speeder. No weapons, however. Yeah, those things that I drew in... um, yeah, those are running boards. (Makes note to not have things that look like blasters on future images.)

And I'm really glad you like the way the damage has been dealt. That, to me, is a real test of my writing and creative abilities. And the only way that I know that it's paying off is through OOC comments like this. So, many thanks go to you. :)

On another note, are the maps helpful or do they even matter? I mean, if the majority don't care for the maps, I won't worry about the time spent to make them. However, if they are helpful, I'll keep it up.

Howling Wookiee
31 May 2003, 07:36 AM
Farr, I would not do a map for every encounter. Since you need your time coming up with those creative posts. I would however create a map that would envolve a large encouter (alot of targets) that would be confusing or hard to portray in text form. This is my 2 cents spend it like you want to.:D

red5_5
31 May 2003, 08:26 AM
Since this is my first online rpg game, the maps really help. They help me visualize the scene. I suppose I will get better at this as time goes on.:)

Rogue Janson
31 May 2003, 08:39 AM
I don't have time to post now unfortunately, but it does mean I get to ask a question that's important to my actions. Can Arani get the speeder running immediately or is she going to have to use disable device or something on it?

farr0095
31 May 2003, 09:15 AM
I don't have time to post now unfortunately, but it does mean I get to ask a question that's important to my actions. Can Arani get the speeder running immediately or is she going to have to use disable device or something on it?

Yes, to get the vehicle started, it requires a Pilot (or Dex, if the PC is without Pilot skill) check. Despite what the rules say how pilot is an trained only skill, I'm allowing Dex checks instead. Even if you haven't learned to drive a car, you can still try. So, I guess there's "House Rule #1". Additionally, I know it may not make sense to have starting a speeder as a Dex check, but we're just approximating, right?

farr0095
31 May 2003, 01:47 PM
Thank you, red5_5, for reminding me to make a note of this other house rule. I don't like the RCR's version of Force strike. The following is the amended portion from the RCR's version on page 88. The colored portion has been added to what you find in the book.

On a failed save, the target takes 3d4 points of physical damage, is knocked back 2 meters, and falls to the ground. On a successful save, the target takes half damage, remains standing and stays in place.

Additionally, instead of the chart saying 20+, I have made the edit as the following:

For each additional 10 points over the defense, the reflex save against the Force Strike is increased by 5.

Lastly, I don't like the way Dark Side Points are listed for this skill, and have edited my version to read:

Dark Side points are awarded as normal for this skill.

Just a little FYI.

Rogue Janson
31 May 2003, 01:49 PM
Yeah, I think the pilot skill should be usable untrained. I suppose you can still drive things untrained, since basic stuff doesn't need pilot checks, but I still don't see why you need training to do anything more advanced. But I digress.

I'm qutie pleased with my last post, I felt the others were all a bit clumsy. I strongly suspect I'm going to fail at least one of the pilot checks, but I couldn't just pull away without having a go at ramming some of those battle droids. I'll probably be lucky not to slam into the wall (or run over Si-Lan :D) as I try to go into reverse.

As for maps, I don't know what the encounters are like, but it's probably not worth making a map for every one. But this one's very useful, since we have different numbers of battle droids coming from various directions.

red5_5
31 May 2003, 01:56 PM
I like the changes to force strike and pilot. I like how farr0095 has combined force strike and force push. I never understood why you had to have ranks in pilot to pilot something. I hope that Arani doesn't run over Sia-Lan! Now that would be bad.:vader:

Rogue Janson
1 June 2003, 02:42 AM
Quick question: which way is escape?
I presume it's downwards on the map, though it's not absolutely crucial to know for my post, it'd be helpful.

farr0095
1 June 2003, 02:50 AM
Quick question: which way is escape?
I presume it's downwards on the map, though it's not absolutely crucial to know for my post, it'd be helpful.

Pretty much just getting off the map allows for the heroes to take any of a variety of escape routes, thus ending this encounter. Therefore, the quickest way to escape is to the bottom of the map.

farr0095
1 June 2003, 11:43 AM
Things are getting much more dangerous, I'll be the first to admit. I've found the benefit of multifire is not the chance to score more hits, but rather the opportunity to roll more natural 20's. Rogue Janson, Arani just had a bit of bad luck. I knew what I was going to do if the dice came up, and they did. Luckily, you guys get to act before they do. Since the engine is already warm, you just have to make a successful pilot roll next round and you'll get to speed away.

Rogue Janson
1 June 2003, 12:45 PM
Ow.
I guess I was a bit early with some of my description in the last post. A risk you run in PbP games I suppose, it's sometimes tricky to know what you can and can't do.

I had to resist the urge to spend a FP to make sure this round. The last thing I want to do is get the group killed in the first encounter.

farr0095
1 June 2003, 01:30 PM
I guess I was a bit early with some of my description in the last post. A risk you run in PbP games I suppose, it's sometimes tricky to know what you can and can't do.

Yeah, that does tend to be the risk. But that's fine. I read it as what the character intends to do or sees herself doing in her minds eye. It's not really fun to write "If-Then" paragraphs. But it's working well, I think, and I'm personally really enjoying the run of it so far. :)

farr0095
1 June 2003, 04:40 PM
With the exception of an Epilogue Post, that wraps up Adventure #1 (which was a total of one encounter B)). I've been enjoying it, and can't wait to see what we have in store for us next!

Also, for the record, I couldn't have planned the results (mostly of Arani's checks) any better if I hadn't been rolling the dice. I really wanted the speeder to stall, and when she didn't make the DC, what a perfect opportunity. And then I wanted her to sweep everyone away to safety... and what should come up but a Natural 20! The dice, sometimes, have a way of making things work out exactly as they should. :)

Also, still on the record, Rann did have to make a Reflex check to hang on. Arani's driving could have left the poor Padawan behind, all alone to face those nasty droid armies!

red5_5
1 June 2003, 04:45 PM
This was a great adventure so far, even though it was short. I can't wait for the next adventure. It should be a great one. I'm really glad that Rann didn't fall off the speeder when Arani took off!

farr0095
1 June 2003, 07:24 PM
In case you missed it, Episode II (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12740) is now online. I apologize for the Nemodians poor appearance on the map. But at least for tonight, I gave up on trying to make "pretty" icons of them without just using a scanned image.

As mentioned in post, a few days have passed. You're all healed up perfectly, and have the same equipment (even a new medpac for Galak). All scars have been removed, unless your character chose to ignore medical treatment (a bacta patch) and retain the reminder of the wound.

I encourage you to RP both your character's thoughts as well as adding dialog amongst PCs in regards to your first, unofficial mission (the last encounter). As mentioned on several previous occassions, RP such as that is just ripe for bonus XP.

Game on!

farr0095
2 June 2003, 05:23 PM
The new flury of posts continues my high opinion and therefore expectations of you, my players. :) Now that all of you have posted, typically it would be my turn to put together a response. Really, however, only Howling Wookiee posted an action, so therefore the post will primarily address Rann's results. I believe that further dialog worked out amongst yourselves, resulted in a well-formulated plan (we can all hope ;)) from which you will post your actions. :)

I'm definately feeling... long winded tonight. So we'll see how that post really comes out. :P

And (although this is the edit) that brings us to House Rule #3:
See Force
The paragraph starting with Detect Life from the OCR (page 89) shall be added to the RCR's version of See Force. Furthermore, an addition to paragraph is made as follows. The first sentance is amended to read:

You can detect all living sentient creatures with a distance of 10 times your Force-user level meters.

Please let me know if this needs further explanation.

Rogue Janson
3 June 2003, 06:45 AM
A well formulated plan? that'll be the day.

Sorry for not giving you any actions to write up and vent your wind Farr. I'm ready to get underway with things unless anyone's spotted critical flaws in our ideas. If we stick around without doing anything any longer and you're feeling underworked, I'm interested in the appearance of the guards, especially how alert they are and what they're armed with. Also, which way is the sunset?

From a rules point of view, if Sia-Lan can get within 10m of the guards, she can use affect mind to distract them, but it could be risky. And there are probably other ways of distracting the guards without resorting to the Force.

farr0095
3 June 2003, 07:15 AM
Don't worry about the 'lack' of actions. If you guys spend 25 posts in discussion, prior to actually getting into a 'combat situation' I'd love it. That will show how deep you see your characters, their personalities, and in my mind, give a much better chance for actual Roleplaying. I've found when combat starts, post size decreases and actions become simple and short. I'd much prefer lengthy, interesting-to-read posts any day of the week! :)

farr0095
4 June 2003, 03:13 AM
Howling Wookiee, editted my previous post to note your VP expenditure.

Also, with the most recent post and Map 2.1, please let me know if that's not where you wanted your character. I had to assume where you wanted your PCs, and while no one was seen, I may have moved them too far. I'll allow this chance to adjust your position.

Lastly, I had a short post. Most of you just made movements across the courtyard. Additionally, my brain is inactive this morning. My apologies for the limited reply.

Howling Wookiee
4 June 2003, 05:25 AM
I was thinking Arani and I should be infront of Galak and Sia-Lan. That was my understanding but I might have got lost somewhere. I thought we were advancing (from pillar to pillar) on the guards and G and SL were gonna follow behind us to provide cover. Just let me know if I am wrong so I can get a right mind set of the situation. Long day and it just started. :(

farr0095
4 June 2003, 05:44 AM
Long day and it just started. :(

I couldn't agree with you more. Today is one of those days that you should just give up, go back to bed, and start again tomorrow. The class at the gym I was going to try for the first time was cancelled, my toilet is leaking, a water main broke near my house, I had trouble posting this morning, the latest project across my desk is bogus... it's the start of a long day with few positive oulooks. :( Oh yeah, my in-laws arrive tonight. Jeesh.

Anyway, in response to the first part of your post above, Rogue Janson mentioned a specific pillar he was headed towards, and since you said you were following, that was how I took that cue. red5_5 sounded like Sia-Lan was taking a straight ahead approach (although I may have moved her too far) and Kanner Ra'an said Galak was following. But therein lies the confusion. And I definately appreciate your opinion.

Rogue Janson
4 June 2003, 06:32 AM
Long day and it just started. :(
I've got an exam tomorrow and just tried a practice essay on "Did the Second World War inflict lasting damage on Britain's economy?" But I messed it up badly, gave up and came here instead. :rolleyes: When I finish posting here I'm going to have to go back and try another question. :(

The pillar I really intended to go for was the one further down and to the right. But the one in the far top left is actually better, since it allows us to keep further away from the guards. I suppose maybe I'm thinking of this too much in rule terms though, what our characters would actually be doing would be zigzagging a little going from the pillar we're at now, to the one down and right, then up and right. Though I'd then avoid the one after that as too close to the guards and head straight to get the building between us and them.

I was thinking Sia-Lan and Galak should be roughly central, or maybe slightly further down (or to our characters' left), so they can keep the guards covered from another angle. They look a little exposed to me, but I'm sure Farr is keeping in mind that they're trying to move stealthily.

farr0095
4 June 2003, 07:25 AM
I've got an exam tomorrow and just tried a practice essay on "Did the Second World War inflict lasting damage on Britain's economy?" But I messed it up badly, gave up and came here instead. :rolleyes: When I finish posting here I'm going to have to go back and try another question. :(

There's just something entirely wrong with today. Apparently the "bad luck" is spread all around. :rolleyes:

As for the movement, I figure in moving you're sneaking at a run or something. As for sneaking between pillars, it's a possibility, but that's up to you. Seems to me that might make you more visible, rather than sneaking off to the side. And in reality, the plaza extends farther up and down, with more random pillars placed all around; that seemed a bit excessive to map. However, if you guys want, I'll do it, now that I have the basics, it wouldn't take much more.

As for Sia-Lan/Galak. I did make Spot checks for the Neimoidians, which failed. There was also the chance, however (and still is) for either of them to change where they ended up, which would have also changed the spot checks. But long and short, you all still have the element of surprise.

Rogue Janson
4 June 2003, 10:22 AM
I wouldn't bother mapping any more of the plaza. We'll just skirt round at a reasonable distance, using pillars as cover, and you roll spot checks and whatever as you see fit. At the moment (and I hope it stays that way) it doesn't look like we'll need to know the exact positions of things and characters above the top of the map.

Howling Wookiee
5 June 2003, 03:29 PM
Farr, when are we gonna get a new IC post? Just curious, haven't heard from you since yesterday. See you all in the boards.

farr0095
5 June 2003, 05:34 PM
Should be tonight. I've got in-laws in town and had to check with our dear Galak... I didn't want to skip over him either.

Edit...

Can't happen tonight. I've just spent almost two hours on the phone with my father doing tech support. Eegads, that's not how I like to spend my time. I hate cheating you guys and stalling the game, but my eyes are barely staying open. Tomorrow, I promise, I will post. And if it goes well, it will be morning my time.

Again, my apologies.

Howling Wookiee
6 June 2003, 04:35 AM
That's ok Farr. We all have real lives outside of SWRPG, unfortunately. :) I was just checking in on you. Haven't heard from you in a day or so. Post whenever you have time. FYI I will be unavialiable Monday and Tuesday. I have an interview in Baton Rouge. I will be back on Wednesday. I'll repeat this like Sunday. Chow.

Rogue Janson
6 June 2003, 04:51 AM
We all have real lives outside of SWRPG, unfortunately.
speak for yourself. All I have is revision with the occasional exam for the next fortnight. :rolleyes:

farr0095
6 June 2003, 08:23 AM
There we go. I promised and you got it. Although at the cost of a bit of description (stupid brain... not making pretty sentances...). But, hopefully your creative posts will spark my own imaginative juices and get them freely flowing. :)

farr0095
6 June 2003, 07:39 PM
Another new post. This counted as the surprise round. I was going to do the first regular round, as Galak and Sia-Lan basically had readied actions, but I thought that it would flow better if I allowed everyone to get in their actions for Round 1.

Howling Wookiee, I did my best to figure what you really intended. Your post really keyed towards Rann attacking (and a charge fit). Your damage was just very high, maybe more so than you intended. But that's the nature of things.

Rogue Janson, I set Arani back more. You didn't really specify where you were headed. I thought that she would target having cover more than being in the open, so I aimed for the pillar. After all, what good is a blaster at close range in a melee?

We'll see where this takes us... thanks again!

Also a quick note. I've got a lot of business travels coming up. I hope to take my core books (RCR & the Adventure book). I don't foresee a stoppage in posting by me, but I'll let you know if things change.

Howling Wookiee
9 June 2003, 04:37 AM
Farr, Today's post will be my last until tomorrow night. If another post is due tonight you can post for me. However if a post does not come tonight and comes tomorrow, I will be able to respond, only it will be later that night. I'll see you all tomorrow.

farr0095
9 June 2003, 08:21 PM
Farr, Today's post will be my last until tomorrow night.

That's cool. But with that comes a word of caution from the GM about his own posting abilities. This business trip is keeping me hopping. I left the hotel at 7:15am and got back at 11:00pm tonight. Looks the same for much of the week, only with earlier starts. I see that red5_5 just posted. I will try to post soon, but there may be a slight hiccup as I try to keep up with work first. Sorry about that darn Real-Life™.

red5_5
9 June 2003, 08:21 PM
Sorry for my lack of replies and short posts. I am out of town at the moment and have a slow internet connection, plus it costs from the motel. I will be home this weekend so I will post longer and more frequent then.:)

farr0095
10 June 2003, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by red5_5
Sorry for my lack of replies and short posts. I am out of town at the moment and have a slow internet connection, plus it costs from the motel. I will be home this weekend so I will post longer and more frequent then.:)

No problem. I'm doing the same thing. Barely getting my posts out as I want. But they are coming. :)

Another question... am I running droids wrong? What the heck?!? RCRB p256 says 4-6 battle droids (and these are security droids) should be an Extreme encounter for 1st-2nd level PCs. You guys don't even blink an eye. What's going on?

Rogue Janson
11 June 2003, 08:57 AM
Another question... am I running droids wrong? What the heck?!? RCRB p256 says 4-6 battle droids (and these are security droids) should be an Extreme encounter for 1st-2nd level PCs. You guys don't even blink an eye. What's going on?
I'd like to put it down to good roleplaying :)

More likely it's just good luck. It's particularly tricky to do challenge codes at low level because there's a lot more randomness. A character can easily be killed by a couple of good hits, rather than it taking at least a round or two to wear down their vitality.

So I think we're just lucky for now, that the droids haven't been hitting much and we have. Also, though it's scary when droids pop up right next to you, it does have the advantage that the jedi can immediately get stuck in and use their lightsabres rather than having to run for a bit first.

Kanner Ra'an
11 June 2003, 09:01 AM

For everyone else maybe, those droids just dont like me :( ;) just kidding. Rouge janson is right, its luck and lightsabers more then anything. That and experiance roleplayers who know the combet section inside and out:D .

farr0095
12 June 2003, 06:53 PM
I'm pressing on without red5_5 as he's currently on vacation and unable to have reliable internet access. Also, for the sake of storytelling, Init was partially ignored. Hence Arani and Galak acting at similiar times. Good RPing!

Howling Wookiee
14 June 2003, 06:20 PM
Just checking in with everyone. Haven't heard from anybody in the last couple of days. I know that Farr and Red are out of town (be careful coming home). Like I said just checking in. I'll see you all in the boards. Be safe.

red5_5
14 June 2003, 09:42 PM
I just got back from my trip and posted on the adventure thread. It seems like we are doing alright!:) I hope our luck holds out!

farr0095
15 June 2003, 05:21 AM
You'll have a post before the day is out. I just wanted to give red5_5 another chance to post.

Also, in the next post, init might get written as though I'm ignoring it, but only for the purpose of storytelling (and the fact that in 6 seconds, a lot happens at once). I still use it though.

Rogue Janson
15 June 2003, 11:53 AM
Good to see Galak indulging in every RPG soldier's favourite pastime - that is acquiring a collection of looted guns.

farr0095
15 June 2003, 07:22 PM
FYI, I'm on another trip this week, but will have my laptop with me so there shouldn't be any withdrawl from the game. Look for XP and some 'down-time' in the near future.

farr0095
18 June 2003, 06:35 AM
Howling Wookiee, to answer your question in the IC thread, yes, you each took 8 points of damage (and for Galak, that was after his DR from his armor). I editted my IC post to account for this.

And for Rogue Janson, thank you for teaching me the meaning of tinnitus. I like learning new words. Oh yeah, the door is no longer a problem either.

Rogue Janson
18 June 2003, 02:38 PM
What's up Shannon. One minute I'm a Naboo "ruffian", the next I'm a respectable "young lady".

Kanner's post made me laugh. Luckily for him Captain Panaka is probably on his way to Tatooine right now.

Howling Wookiee
18 June 2003, 03:01 PM
Kanner's post made me laugh. Luckily for him Captain Panaka is probably on his way to Tatooine right now.

Yeah, Kanner's post got a chuckle out of me too. I can picture Galak sitting there bleeding from these small wounds and the only thing that he is worried about is Panaka. Good one. If you all have not noticed Rann is impatient and rash. I've always played or GMed PCs that are prim and proper. I figured I would play Rann as a little impatient and reckless. Good job everyone so far. See you in the boards.

Rogue Janson
18 June 2003, 03:18 PM
Arani's pretty annoyed with Rann at the moment, for messing up her plan, killing that neimoidian and letting the other escape. I'm still waiting to see whether she'll be angry enough to lay into him when she gets the chance (so if anything upsets her, brace yourself). :mad: All good character stuff. :)

farr0095
18 June 2003, 03:53 PM
What's up Shannon. One minute I'm a Naboo "ruffian", the next I'm a respectable "young lady".

Says who? 8o Heh... hey, I haven't figured out your scoundrel yet, but it fits for her to play different parts. Or so I guess. So you tell me, RJ, What's up? ;)

Rogue Janson
19 June 2003, 03:41 AM
Well Arani might not be entirely happy about being called a young lady, because of implications of condescension, but she'd certainly be very unhappy about being called a ruffian (especially because it implies scruffiness). She's a respectable, high class Naboo young lady, I mean citizen, you know.

farr0095
20 June 2003, 05:23 PM
I LOVED the latest round of posts! I especially enjoyed Kanner Ra'an's depiction of Galak's actions, despite no one else picking up on that. Made me laugh, that's for sure!

Also, Howling Wookiee, you got 2 WP and I updated my previous post for that. Don't know why I can't remember to do that lately. :?

farr0095
21 June 2003, 02:33 PM
Hey guys! I think this is going great. We just doubled the number of posts (at least from me) from the first "episode". I'm glad we're into a bit of a more "RP" stage than strict combat, and I hope you do too. Feel free to interact with the NPCs, after all, that's what they are there for. Otherwise, keep posting away and we'll keep it flying!

farr0095
23 June 2003, 02:27 AM
Hey guys, I had hoped to get a post up last night or this morning, but Real-Life™ beckons and too often its call must be headed. Hopefully this evening I'll have something back for you.

red5_5
23 June 2003, 08:19 AM
That's ok, we all have real lives and they get busy sometimes. I'm just glad mine isn't too busy right now. I can't wait for the next post, it is getting suspenseful. Will we make it before the droids come?:raised:

farr0095
25 June 2003, 06:28 PM
I want to let you all know that I'm not ignoring your characters in the last post. Three problems:
a) My brain isn't working tonight.
b) We're trying to wrap this up in a suspenseful, yet interesting manner.
c) You all can envision the hidden passage, but Arani's in the lead.

Anyway, hope you enjoy. Let me know if you feel particularly left out.

I'll be back. :)

Howling Wookiee
26 June 2003, 04:54 AM
Shannon, is the alley way a deadend on the other end or does it open out into another street? Trying to get a visual for my post.

farr0095
26 June 2003, 05:02 AM
The alley (where the doorway mentioned is located) is a rectangle with one open end, and a dumpster against a stone wall at the other end. I apologize for any misunderstanding. I've uploaded a VERY rough sketch to hopefully alleviate some of the confusion.

Kanner Ra'an
26 June 2003, 07:00 AM
Ok, i see. Thanks.:)

farr0095
27 June 2003, 02:25 AM
I'll give red5_5 today to post. Otherwise we'll press on. I'd like to post tonight or tomorrow morning.

red5_5
27 June 2003, 07:40 AM
Sorry for not posting sooner, I was working yesterday and when I got home I was tired. I can't wait for the post today!:)

farr0095
27 June 2003, 07:52 AM
Not a problem. Very nice post! I'll likely be able to get a reply out tonight.

But tell me... is anyone nervous? :D

red5_5
27 June 2003, 07:54 AM
I am. I just hope nothing pops out of the tunnels at Sia-Lan!8o

farr0095
28 June 2003, 04:10 AM
I should have posted what I just did immediately to reflect that you all hear what Rann Telepathically said. And I'm not trying to cut off red5_5 at all. You can likely tell I didn't allow for anything to happen beyond the "hearing" of the cry Danger. Once Sia-Lan acts, I'll press along what happens for the party as a whole.

On another note, Rann will recieve a bit of pain for his efforts, as our astute readers will recall he's out of VP.

Howling Wookiee
28 June 2003, 07:50 PM
Mr. GM I've been very pleased with your job so far. I've played and GMed many games (table top, PbEM, and PbP). And you are by far the best GM I've ever been associated with, including myself. (Pauses a minute to wipe the brown stuff off his nose.) :) Seriously I'm telling you the truth. But I've discovered something that I would like to complain.......hmmm....comment is a better word.....about. In your last post in the IC IoT you state, "......the STAP rolls to its right along its lateral axis......" Sorry but the pilot came out of me in this one (for those of you that do not know I am a professional pilot and trying to make a living at it). An aircraft (STAP) "rolls" about its -longitudinal- axis not its lateral axis. This is a mere technicality that I wish to correct. An aircraft (STAP) pitches about its lateral axis. I just wanted to clarify this one little bit of information. Thank you for your time.

((The sole purpose of this post is to be humorous. All offended parties need to laugh more. Forgive me I feel humorous tonight.)) :)

Rogue Janson
29 June 2003, 02:37 AM
That's a shocking mistake from an aeronautical engineer.

farr0095
29 June 2003, 03:17 AM
An aircraft (STAP) pitches about its lateral axis. I just wanted to clarify this one little bit of information. Thank you for your time.

Damn! Where were you yesterday when I was trying to make sense of all that?? Drat, I tried really, really hard to make sure I was right, but there I had a damn brain fart.

Doh!

Grumbles about players that are just too freaking smart.

Good job! You get a star. :D

farr0095
30 June 2003, 01:36 PM
You have probably noticed that Ep 2 closed and we entered Ep 2½. This is a bit of down-time mentioned earlier. You'll have the evening mentioned and likely the next day (once we get there) to RP by yourself or amongst the group of you and the NPCs there. Think about how your PC feels after the long day, tense mission, wounds received, etc. You can assume that a medic or a healer has tended to your wounds (if applicable).

XP will be coming soon. Maybe a fifth player as well. If you have questions, feel free to ask.

Oh yeah, don't assume equipment has been replaced.

farr0095
30 June 2003, 05:35 PM
Guys... this is great stuff! The interaction is perfect. Please keep it up. The less I post, I think, the better. This helps form the group into a cohesive unit, and shows how the friends act and react around each other. Makes me very happy! :)

And what do we know about happy GM's?

Rogue Janson
1 July 2003, 02:50 AM
umm... they ambush us with battle droids?

Kanner Ra'an
1 July 2003, 04:21 AM

They make doors explode?

farr0095
1 July 2003, 04:31 AM
Weelllll... I guess I can't really deny those comments.

Grumbles mildly about astute players...

I was thinking more along the lines that a happy GM becomes a generous GM.

:P

Howling Wookiee
1 July 2003, 01:22 PM
Yeah, I heard through the grapevine that our GM was so impressed with us that he's gonna give the group a Death Star. Think that would give us an edge in battle?.......Hmmm probably not. Rann and Galak would likely blow up the thing and kill everyone. Now talk about munchkins..............

Howling Wookiee
1 July 2003, 03:39 PM
Guys I'm gonna wait on the question about the Queen to get answered by the NPC before I post next. After Farr posts the NPC response and anything else I'll post.

farr0095
1 July 2003, 04:12 PM
Best attempt at a Leon Phelps voice

Yeah... that's cool.

Back to normal

I woudl like to see the other conversation continue, and we'll make that happen IC here in a minute, at least my best attempt.

farr0095
1 July 2003, 07:31 PM
I know I owe you official XP quotas. They are coming as I review our last Episode for RP bonuses.

But, VP is today's discussion. I'm sure you all want to know how many VP you get for leveling up. And the answer is: the max! :D

Yup, we're going to max VP at each level. So, you can record that if you need to.

Lastly, I want to welcome coldskier0320 to our little soiree. He will be playing Deel, the Twi'lek Scoundrel whom you knew from the Royal House of Learning. He will be meeting up with you (as a surprise, however) after our little evening wind-down, currently in progress.

Howling Wookiee
2 July 2003, 04:22 AM
Thanks on the max VP, Farr. That will come in handy for mine and Galak's techniques. :) Also welcome aboard Coldskier. I'm looking forward to RPing with you.

Kanner Ra'an
2 July 2003, 04:39 AM
Welcome aboard coldskier. And thanks for the extra VP Farr, lord knows Galak and Rann need it.

red5_5
2 July 2003, 08:33 AM
Thanks for the max VP farr. Welcome aboard coldskier0320 I can't wait to meet Deel and start RPing with you.

farr0095
2 July 2003, 08:40 AM
Just an unrelated FYI to the above welcomes. I'm assuming that you guys might want a bit more RP continuing the discussions currently underway in the IC thread. I was going to let them continue then go back to the Queen's discussion. If you all are done, please let me know and I'll press on.

Howling Wookiee
2 July 2003, 02:45 PM
Well I'm done with Rann's explanation for his actions. But if anyone wants to continue on, just let me know.

farr0095
4 July 2003, 04:21 PM
Happy 4th of July to all our Stateside Friends. To those outside of the US, well, you can enjoy the day as well :-p.

I know that Howling Wookiee is off running around the countryside, and may not get a chance to post right away. So, in that respect, I apologize that some of my last post came directed mostly at Rann. But I'm sure you can all take offense (or agree, I suppose) with the nameless, argumentative Underground member.

Have fun!

Howling Wookiee
7 July 2003, 01:45 PM
Hey guys I'm back from my "countryside" adventure. :) Hope I did not slow things down over the weekend. I actually got online Sat. but my brother-in-law's internet connect was very, very, very slow. Brought back nightmares from my first internet connection, you know the old 1200 baud rate external modems..........::cringes::. AnyWho I'm back and in full force. See you guys in the boards.

farr0095
7 July 2003, 06:06 PM
Welcome back!

I'm loving where the thread is going. I'm too tired and beat up to continue it tonight, so hopefully tomorrow we can keep it rolling. Thanks for your great participation.

coldskier0320
8 July 2003, 01:15 PM
Well, I'd like to thank everyone for the warm welcome. I hope to have alot of fun with you guys. Shannon, thanks for having me along, you're a very talented RPer with a good grasp of the SW universe. Deel will be along in Ep. 3, I've written a respectable and thorough ( IMHO:raised: ) backstory for him and look forward to playing what i consider to be a fairly complex PC.

Peace out:),

coldskier0320

Rogue Janson
8 July 2003, 01:38 PM
Ooh, we have another scoundrel in the party. I won't be the one with all the skills anymore. (ahem, not that I'm suggesting the other characters are lacking skills :P)

I look forward to finding out what your character's all about and playing with you Coldskier :)

farr0095
8 July 2003, 05:30 PM
Well, I replied to the latest IC post in the manner that struck me. Having posted it, I realize that it's really not in the process of wrapping up this little evening soiree, which would be a good thing at some near point. But I also enjoy the RP we've got flying back and forth, and I think that's always good for character development (and as an added bonus to you all, XP) . :)

We'll wrap this up soon, I think, so we can move on to the next day and bring in an old friend, Deel Surool.

Howling Wookiee
8 July 2003, 05:58 PM
I'm feeling humorous again tonight so you guys have to bear with me.

GM will I get a DSP for this action:

Rann looks to the old drunk man with contempt as he babbles on about the Jedi Council. The Jedi padawan springs from his sitting position toward the man like a deranged nexu. Rann rests the hilt of his deactivated lightsaber to the man's temple and replys, "I know what your thinking, 'Did he recharge the saber last night or didn't he?'. Well punk do you feel lucky!!" Rann's finger rests over the activation button as the man sweats with fear............

Ha, Ha. I can visualize that. Been a long day................

farr0095
10 July 2003, 06:52 PM
Well, we wrapped that little evening up. I'm not terribly excited about the first half of my latest post, at least, but we do finally intro our newest addition.

On another note, I know some of you wanted to take some quiet time for reflection and the like. If there was some particular activity you wanted to accomplish, let me know here, by PM or email. If you really want to write up a meditation scene or something, work with me and we can do that.

Let me know if I can do anything for you guys.

coldskier0320
10 July 2003, 07:24 PM
ok, well its like 11:30 and my brain's fuzzy (as well as my vision, *expletive*-ing contacts) so im gonna type on Word, and if i get done, youll see it tonight, if not, ill try to get on tommara b4 work, definitely by tommara evening. Thanks for the welcome and intro.

Regards,

Coldskier0320

farr0095
12 July 2003, 06:51 AM
This current train of RP is terrific! Feel free to keep posting and playing off of each other's comments and interactions. This helps to form the group structure and define how the friendships work. If need be (the potential, as Rogue Janson put it could be "we could end up sitting around discussing clothes for the rest of the war") I can always bring action back quickly, and move us into Episode III. But please, this is marvelous and I don't want to squash it too quickly.

coldskier0320
14 July 2003, 03:50 PM
Oops, almost forgot, here, this might help, this'd be Deel's backstory, give you all some info about the man behind the cigarette...

farr0095
16 July 2003, 03:15 AM
Originally posted by Kanner Ra'an
The alcohol in Galak tells him not to let Rann ruin the fun, or the chance to insult Deel.
Um, just for clarification, is Kanner still drinking the next day after the evening party? I just ask in case you missed the post (#32) where you all slept off the evening and are at lunch on the next day.

Kanner Ra'an
16 July 2003, 04:22 AM
Oops sorry i forgot completely. late night + the alcohol in me = http://burns.thefinaldimension.org/contrib/ruinkai/rolleyea.gif. I've fixed it up.

farr0095
16 July 2003, 07:19 AM
Cool, man. That actually makes a lot more sense. ;)

farr0095
17 July 2003, 12:06 PM
Hey guys. I notice a sudden silence it seems in the game. Is everyone done with this conversation, or are there still things that need to be said? I don't want to rush you out of RP, but I don't want the game to stagnate either.

Let me know! :)

Howling Wookiee
17 July 2003, 03:36 PM
I vote we proceed on. I've run out of ideas for our conversation. I think it's time to start kicking some butts again. Just my thoughts.

Kanner Ra'an
17 July 2003, 06:50 PM
I agree. I cant take any more insults about Galaks clothes. I might actually start caring about them 8o .

red5_5
17 July 2003, 06:52 PM
I vote for moving on also. I can't wait to start helping liberate Naboo again!:amidala:

farr0095
18 July 2003, 04:59 PM
Hey guys. I'm hoping to hear back from coldskier if he wants to post before I press along. I guess he's been hard at work this week or something. ;)

Also, I'm out of town tomorrow going to a wedding for a friend of my wife. I'll be back Sunday and we'll press on into Ep 3 no matter where we stand.

farr0095
20 July 2003, 06:52 PM
You may have noticed that I've posted up the start of Episode III. You can access it here (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13299). I'll get you your XP for Ep 2½ here shortly.

Enjoy!

farr0095
22 July 2003, 03:20 AM
I'm enjoying the direction the thread has been going. Good way to keep in characters. I know its about time for a Dannt/Lialla post. But I'm about to head out for work this morning, so it'll have to wait until this evening. Don't let that stop you from replying to anything already said in the thread, however.

Have a great day!

farr0095
27 July 2003, 03:22 AM
I apologize for my delay in posting. I wasn't really waiting on everyone to post, although I'm glad that worked out as well. I just hit a short creative slump and popped in a computer game to get my mind on other things. Well, that kind of became my focus and I found I wasn't getting back into the creative stride until today. So, now without further ado, game on! :)

red5_5
27 July 2003, 08:36 PM
Hey all, I am not going to be posting much in the next few days. I have been working from 8:00am to 8:30pm for the last few days. I will be posting tomorrow night. So don't wait for a reply from me because it could be awhile before I get to it.

farr0095
28 July 2003, 02:00 AM
Thanks for the heads-up! We'll keep moving, but you definately won't get left too far behind. :) That's a beauty of PbP. Even if you can't necessarily keep playing for a bit, you can always go back and read the posts to find out what has happened.

farr0095
28 July 2003, 05:50 PM
I like this planning stuff. I was trying to think of a way to jump in, and came up empty handed. So carry on and maybe tell Dannt when you've got it all figured out.

farr0095
30 July 2003, 04:59 PM
Well, it looks like you guys have the plan figured out. Is there anything else you want to do before I move us along?

Thanks!

Kanner Ra'an
31 July 2003, 04:12 PM
I dont have anything else i want to say.

Howling Wookiee
31 July 2003, 07:50 PM
I'm all good too.

red5_5
31 July 2003, 07:52 PM
I am happy with how the plan is right now.

coldskier0320
31 July 2003, 09:26 PM
Let's go rip 'em a new one!

(I'm ready;))

CyborgJedi
1 August 2003, 09:00 AM
Hey i heard this is one of the best groups. I wanna join.

farr0095
3 August 2003, 05:26 AM
I'm certainly flattered that you've heard about our little soiree here. I’d love to learn where you’ve heard so much about us. As for joining, why don’t you email me or private message me and we’ll talk about those options. Since we just brought on another player, I’m not entirely certain I’m ready for a sixth, but I won’t say no upfront. You can also catch me on AIM or Y!M or MSN or ICQ to discuss. Thanks for the interest!

farr0095
5 August 2003, 02:45 AM
I'm hoping that everyone is okay and alive. I know our dear Kanner had a dangerous run in recently, but I thought everyone else is doing okay. I know my last post did not put you into direct conflict, but I'm sure you know from our past encounters that once you get into the thick of things, you will definately be headed up for some action.

Let me know if you cannot post for a while or something. And I really do hope that everyone is a-okay.

red5_5
5 August 2003, 10:19 AM
Well I'm here and I just posted. The last couple days have been busy. Hope everyone is ok.

Howling Wookiee
5 August 2003, 05:09 PM
Sorry guys I should have posted this earlier. I'm currently having work place conflicts, IE boss is a (insert most profound name you can think of here). My free time has consisted of hunting for another job in a dead job market (aviation). I'm back in full force now and back to my regularly posting schedule. Enough about my struggling life, GAME ON.

coldskier0320
7 August 2003, 06:30 PM
Sickness!!! Possibly the worst thing ever! To a PbPer, that is...i lost internet! my ISP cut me off, but im back, and should be back to normal, sorry about the scare. Other than mental trauma, im fine;)

farr0095
8 August 2003, 01:39 AM
Well, that pretty much accounts for us. I know Kanner's had to do a bit of traveling recently, so we're all covered. Glad to have you all back and in good shape! :)

farr0095
15 August 2003, 03:12 AM
Please hold off on posting your replies until I have "fixed" my post to try to make it work with your guys' plans. That should be this evening, since I'm currently at work.

Rogue Janson
16 August 2003, 08:38 AM
Can we go back to the original post? At least we didn't end up all in a heap in that one.

Rogue Janson
16 August 2003, 12:19 PM
Fresh from making Shannon rewrite his post, I'm going to make another pain of myself, with my rules lawyer hat (or wig) on. Hopefully this'll help avoid problems and rewrites though:

Remember: it takes a move action to stand up.

So after standing up from our big crash (providing shannon doesn't make us pass dex checks so we all fall over again) the characters can only take a move or an attack action.

On the plus side, I just remembered that prone characters get a +4 to defence against ranged attacks (which would nicely make up for Arani's lost 4 points of def for being flat footed).

farr0095
16 August 2003, 01:07 PM
Can we go back to the original post? At least we didn't end up all in a heap in that one.
No, especially since you were the one who complained about it in the first place. :P

Fresh from making Shannon rewrite his post, I'm going to make another pain of myself, with my rules lawyer hat (or wig) on. Hopefully this'll help avoid problems and rewrites though:

Remember: it takes a move action to stand up.

So after standing up from our big crash (providing shannon doesn't make us pass dex checks so we all fall over again) the characters can only take a move or an attack action.

On the plus side, I just remembered that prone characters get a +4 to defence against ranged attacks (which would nicely make up for Arani's lost 4 points of def for being flat footed).

While I hadn't thought of making you take Dex checks to get untangled, that is a really terrific idea. I'll have to mull that one over as I watch for the next set of posts to come in.

Also, on your defense, you may want to consider that some of you may not even be visible to the droids now, as other's might be (albeit unwillingly) acting as human shields.

But, to touch on the main point, RJ's right, it's going to take an action to stand (and hope your legs aren't all tangled up).

Rogue Janson
16 August 2003, 02:56 PM
When will I learn to keep my mouth shut. :rolleyes:

Howling Wookiee
17 August 2003, 06:38 AM
Got it. I don't know where my mind was. Standing up is a move action. I just have one question? How did I cause the pile up? Did I fall and take everyone down with me. Post did not really ellaborate on that one. I would figure a Jedi would have some kind of balance. :o

farr0095
17 August 2003, 10:03 AM
Well, as you were moving quickly and trying to hide (the general gist I got from everyone) to get into position, your Hide roll came up as a 1. Now I know by the book you only have critical misses during attacks and the like, but I like the idea that a 1 usually means a critical failure no matter what you're rolling for. It just adds a bit of flavor. (For the record, yes, that usually means I allow a Nat 20 to succeed most of the time too).

But, even if that wasn't enough, with the Hide and full move penalty (-5) your total came up to -3. That's particularily bad... in fact, I've never read rules on how to handle when the heroes get negative numbers for their skill checks. I imagine most would say an automatic failure.

But, going back to the 1 as a critical failure, I went ahead and got creative and decided that to alert the droids, Rann would knock everyone down. It was mostly just for flavor. Actually, the scene would be quite humourous in a movie, or if you were only watching from the sidelines. If Rann was a Gungun, we might even expect it. :D

So, there's your long-winded answer.

farr0095
18 August 2003, 06:03 PM
From the IC Thread
As the droid moves, another flash of lightning illuminates the plaza for an instant. A sharp crack of thunder follows almost immediately, a sure sign that the rainstorm moves in quickly, almost over the city. As the thunder rumbles like an angry god of war...

I suppose I may need to make this clear; what happens inside the hut and also the droid's communication is not for the characters to hear. Think of it as a cut-away scene, where you - the players - get to see what's going on (and maybe dread it a bit too) but for your characters to find out in a minute. I like doing that, since it forces me to be a better writer and gamemaster, and gives more flavor to the game. Let me know if it doesn't work for you and instead provides too much of a distraction.

farr0095
24 August 2003, 03:14 AM
I'm going to let Rogue Janson and red5_5 do a bit of dialog before I post, so that they can get their stuff worked out. Since there are no immediate threats, we don't have to stay strictly in rounds.

Good posts all around!

farr0095
28 August 2003, 08:18 AM
I apologize for my delay. I was out of town earlier this week with less Internet availability than planned. I hope to post later tonight or tomorrow.

Howling Wookiee
28 August 2003, 04:24 PM
Guys I will be leaving tomorrow evening (Friday) to go out of town. I will return back Monday night. I will not have acess to internet, therefore I will not be posting. Shannon, if you could just drag me along until Monday night. I will see you guys soon and have a good Labor Day weekend.

farr0095
9 September 2003, 05:41 PM
Currently the only one of the PCs who knows that there are battle droids in the area is Galak. If he chooses to shoot at one of the groups, he will attract Rann’s and Deel’s attention for certain. Unless warned vocally or actually shot at, neither Sia-Lan nor Arani will know about the droids. A difficulty to be certain, and hopefully this will not impact our game timing at all, but it is part of the situation.

Also, I plan to post on Thursday at the latest, regardless of who’s posted or not. I hope to keep the game moving a little more fluidly, even though I’m about to go on another business trip Friday through sometime next week. But I’ll carry my laptop and try to move things along.

I will note, however, that the maps may be delinquent. They take time, mostly because they are so large, and therefore consume lots of memory. But I want you all to have some idea of what’s going on around you. It has been my fault for making such a big map for this adventure.

Rogue Janson
10 September 2003, 11:44 AM
Before shooting he yells at the top of his lungs "DROIDS ". He then lets off a shot. The flash from his mussel is much brighter in the rainy weather, and the bolt stands out as it flies towards the attacking droirds. Hopefully the others can follow the shot towards the attackers, and hopefully they will be divided between him and the team.
That's the funniest spelling mistake I've seen for a long time. :D

I think you mean muzzle, kanner, unless galak's become distracted and whipped out his shell collection to look at. :)

farr0095
10 September 2003, 11:52 AM
That's the funniest spelling mistake I've seen for a long time. :D

I think you mean muzzle, kanner, unless galak's become distracted and whipped out his shell collection to look at. :)

ROTFL! That's great! I needed that laugh in the middle of the work day. Thanks!

Kanner Ra'an
10 September 2003, 12:07 PM
DOW!

Thats is whats i gots from no paying attention at english classes:o

Howling Wookiee
12 September 2003, 02:36 PM
Oh GM just for future references, I'm wearing a expedition jumpsuit (basically a flight suit with padded elbows and knees, with lots of pockets). I have no robe on. I stated this when we were in the cellar of the country home. <Confers with Yoda,> "Attention you must pay to details you must." JK. Thought I would poke fun at you Shannon.

farr0095
12 September 2003, 07:49 PM
While I do not think that problems are occurring with characters, I think that everyone - and namely the players of the Jedi characters (since the article targets them) - would benefit from this article on WotC's website (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=starwars/livingforce/swlf20030908notajediyet). Just a FYI.

coldskier0320
18 September 2003, 04:55 AM
Well, as you may or may not know, I just got my school computer. What this means is that I'll pretty much be able to post every week day. Not that I would...I can't think that fast...but i could...:D

farr0095
18 September 2003, 05:00 PM
I was going to post tonight, but I'm still recovering from my latest business trip and can't come to putting words on paper tonight. Sorry.

farr0095
24 September 2003, 05:29 PM
Okay, this is a bit too much! I know that the Holonet has automatic word filters that block out innappropriate language. In fact, I agree with that concept and practice. However, I wanted a different word for "bright pink" (after all, do you know how hard it is to describe lightsabers??) and so I chose the word (spaced out here so that it doesn't get automatically editted) "F-U-C-H-S-I-A". That's a perfectly legitimate word!

Argh!

×××HSIA!

×××HSIA!

×××HSIA!

Sorry for the rant, but I feel better.... somewhat.

Rogue Janson
25 September 2003, 02:25 PM
F-uchsia?
Fu-chsia?
Either of those look better?

Ahh unconsciousness, a situation I'm all to familiar with in my RPGing experience...

farr0095
29 September 2003, 06:12 PM
I've got the ideas all worked up, dice rolled, etc for the next post. But I just need some time to write it! :rolleyes: Hopefully tomorrow I will put it together for you. I'm sorry for the delay.

Howling Wookiee
30 September 2003, 03:18 PM
NP Shannon. We understand you need to get those creative juices flowing. Off subject, I was wondering what the intrest would be for a live (Chat type) rp. Everyone get online on a chat service (examples: Yahoo, AIM, ect.) about once a month and rp IoT. This of course is up to our esteemed GM. I think it would give the feel of the old table top game, with all your friends sitting around rping and chatting. I just wanted to throw that out there and get opinions. See you all in the boards.

Wookiee Out.

farr0095
6 October 2003, 06:51 PM
I'm hoping to post tomorrow. Sorry, it's been a long travel day, so I don't have the energy to put something together. Sorry!

Howling Wookiee
7 October 2003, 03:46 PM
Gentlemen,

I have a very serious matter to address you on. Do you feel that our GM is slipping? Do you think that he does not take the time out of RL to feel our need of SW material? Do you think he is selfish and not taking time from his busy job and homelife to give us what we need?

If you answered "YES" to any of the above questions, please join me in the fight to recall Shannon Farr as Invasion of Theed GameMaster. With your help and signatures we can oust this man who has let us all down and get someone in here that can get the job done. One Oct. 7, vote Arnold Schwarzenegger (had to go to CNN.com to copy and paste the name here/ I was not about to try and spell it), for SW IoT GM.

[This announcement is paid for by the friends to elect Arnold Schwarzenegger.]

I've been catching bits an pieces of the Caly Gov Race and figured I'd punn it in here. Hey, everyone else is doing it why can't we. :) This is purely a joke and not to be taken seriously (that includes you Farr, doing a wonderful job with the game [that should be worth a couple thousand XP for brown nosing right? :)] ). Caly is a circus and Arny is going to be the ring leader. I apologize in advance for my random punning. See you in the boards.

Kanner Ra'an
7 October 2003, 05:00 PM
KILL THE WOOK..................... oh its a joke. heh heh Lol.:o

Rogue Janson
9 October 2003, 06:32 AM
Nooo, then we'd end up with Arnie as our GM!

farr0095
9 October 2003, 05:49 PM
A quick post and a quick note. I'm going on vacation this weekend, so I won't get to this until Monday at the earliest. You all get a bit of quiet time (for a few rounds) as the Trade Federation reinforcements continue to press closer. Good luck!

Howling Wookiee
9 October 2003, 06:24 PM
Shannon, are any of us carrying medpacs or kits? I can't find the post where we first started out on this mission and our equipment. The reason I'm asking is that this padawan does not have Heal Another and need other means of healing the resident noble, Arani. I'll wait on my post until I hear from you.

Everyone enjoy the weekend! I know I will. :)

farr0095
10 October 2003, 01:26 AM
Good question. I show in my records - although I thought it was used, but since I didn't mark it as gone, it is still available - that Sia-Lan has a medpac.

Best of luck and all have a great weekend!

farr0095
15 October 2003, 03:13 AM
I'm waiting on Galak and Rann before I post, unless you guys don't have anything to do, then just let me know. And does anybody have an opinion that if you use Heal Another to stabilize a dying character, do they then also wake up?

Rogue Janson
15 October 2003, 06:01 AM
A character that has 0 or fewer wounds remains unconscious, whether or not they're stabilised (they just don't risk dying once they're stable...).

Howling Wookiee
15 October 2003, 05:15 PM
I'll have to agree with RJ. I've always played and GMed the a PC is concious when they have 1 or more WP. 0 and fewer you are unconcious.

On another note, I've been working 12-13 hour days the last week and half. This is my reason from being scare around here. I'm back on regular schedule and posting back to normal. See you all in the boards.

coldskier0320
16 October 2003, 03:02 AM
Yes, I agree, I'm still quite out-of-it.;)

farr0095
26 October 2003, 02:41 AM
I'm waiting on Rogue Janson and red5_5 before I shuffle us along, unless you guys don't have anything to add. Thanks!

red5_5
26 October 2003, 12:14 PM
Sorry for taking so long to reply. I've been pretty busy, but now it's calmed down. :)

farr0095
7 November 2003, 05:04 PM
My wife drug me out to a party tonight, so I didn't have the time to put together a post for you. Rather than do it half-way, I'm going to plan to address a post tomorrow. Sorry for the delay.

farr0095
8 November 2003, 02:10 AM
We're pretty much wrapped up for that adventure. I'm going to allow a round or so of final posts as you head upstream, and then I'll start putting together the next intro post, for the adventure that will follow, time-wise, very closely (well, actually a couple of days, most likely) to this one. I imagine that most everyone will not have an opportunity to address Galak's death now, since they would still be running on adrenaline as they escape, but during the next "adventure" that might be a prevalent RP point to address. Good gaming!

Howling Wookiee
8 November 2003, 04:01 AM
That was an excellent episode, except for the death of our favorite soldier :( .

Kanner, I surely hope you will be returning with another character. The game would not be same with out it.

See you in the boards.

Kanner Ra'an
8 November 2003, 08:30 AM
Kanner, I surely hope you will be returning with another character. The game would not be same with out it.

Dont worry at all. Shannon and i are already working up my next PC. No way i'm being cut out of this game. :)

Rogue Janson
8 November 2003, 10:38 AM
And I thought we'd got rid of him...

farr0095
10 November 2003, 01:15 PM
We're now on to Episode IV. You'll find it under the usual name. Thanks to everyone for making this so enjoyable! I look forward to bringing Kanner Ra'an back into the mix as we develop a new character for him.

I'll be sending out XP awards here shortly too. In the mean time, you can find our new adventure here (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14353).

Howling Wookiee
19 November 2003, 11:15 AM
Finally I'm back. I've been trying to acess the HoloNet for the last week with out any progress. I emailed Shannon to see if he was having the same problem I was. Which he did. Was everyone having trouble? Well anyway looks like its back up. Shannon, you gonna post next or are we supposed to continue on? See you all in the boards.

farr0095
19 November 2003, 01:20 PM
Yup, we were all having problems. Across the board. No word as to the source of problems on the main page, though.

Right now I'm waiting on coldskier to post Deel's reactions, then we'll intro Kanner's new PC, and soon to see likely a sixth join our game, a veteran gamer from many other PbeMs that I've played/GM'd. So, we'll see where that takes us.

coldskier0320
19 November 2003, 04:26 PM
Well, I have my post pre-typed, IMHO, it's a pretty good one. But it's on my school laptop, sooo...you'll see it bright and early tommorow (that's EST). Good to see you all again after The Great Silence (the extended HoloNet trouble) :P.

farr0095
21 November 2003, 06:45 PM
Hey guys, I'm going out of town tomorrow, so I'll be posting on Sunday at the earliest. I hope more of you jump in, and more than likely, you don't need me to post right away, since this is a major RP bit.

Rogue Janson
22 November 2003, 08:53 AM
Scratch what I originally wrote here (if anyone read it). I think I'm doing too much work and getting really confused.

Howling Wookiee
22 November 2003, 03:23 PM
To give everyone a heads up and FYI:

I'm an avid hunter and duck and deer season has opened up in my area. I will be scarce on the weekends. I will try to post on Friday evenings before I leave and Sundays when I return from our camp. I will more than likely not be on Sat. at all anymore. I don't see this as a problem with the holidays approaching and all our time devoted to RL........RL sucks! :) I will be on more during the week now. I have a new job that gives me acess to the internet all day long, Mon-Fri. Hopefully this will make up for my absense on the weekends.

I'm enjoying this game very much and can't wait to see what's up on the board each time I log on. I've RPed for the past 10 years and I would have to say you guys are the best bunch that I've had the pleasure of RPing with. And I hope it continues for a long while. "Does anyone have a tissue." :) Sounds like a farewell speech, but I'm not going anywhere. I just wanted to give props where props were due. Good gaming and see you in the boards.

Welcome back Kanner and Shannon where's the new guy/girl?

Edit (Forgot the main reason for posting here): I will be leaving to go out of town to spend Thanksgiving with the inlaws. I will be leaving early Thurs. morning and will return late Sunday night.

Wook Out!

farr0095
23 November 2003, 05:14 PM
This is going great! Keep up the RP, that's what we're here for. I'm not going to jump in just yet; anyway, we've got a few folks who haven't had a chance to sound off.

GeorgeA will be joining us soon, in game, so that will bring him into the mix.

I too am traveling (albeit with my laptop) over the next three weeks for business and pleasure. I'll let you know if I get to the point where I won't be able to post, but I don't forsee that happening.

Game on!

coldskier0320
24 November 2003, 02:57 AM
As with Wook, I'll be doing a lot of hunting over the next few weeks. I should be able to post as normal during the week and I usually dont post much over the weekends anyway, so you guys may not even notice a difference. The main thing here is Thanksgiving. I will be gone from thursday afternoon to sunday afternoon/evening. I might...might have the chance to get online during that stretch, but its pretty unlikely, so dont expect much from me during that time. Other than that, I'm having a great time!:D

farr0095
25 November 2003, 04:08 AM
I know everyone has a wild, crazy, busy week, and many of you have posted, but please continue this conversation. I don't plan to jump in for a little bit, and this kind of RP is how I generate Bonus XP for RP. The more the merrier! I actually do like to give out RP XP the most. I'll be traveling but checking email and hope to keep this thread rolling. Game on!

Rogue Janson
25 November 2003, 10:58 AM
I do like the way Rayger thinks that because we're shot-up, we must be the best. Interesting logic at work there. :D

I'm here and keen to post, btw, but I've nothing to say at the moment unfortunately.

Howling Wookiee
30 November 2003, 05:07 PM
Welcome back everyone. I hope you all had a good Thanksgiving with all your family and significant others. Had a nice visit with the in-laws here and glad to be back home. We'll I'm back to full posting capacity and will post when everyone else starts trickling in and posting. See you all in the boards.

farr0095
4 December 2003, 06:21 PM
Do any of you have anything else to post or should I press forward on with this thread?

Howling Wookiee
5 December 2003, 10:16 AM
Press on Good Man, Press on. We've have a long enough break.

Kanner Ra'an
5 December 2003, 11:18 AM
I say press on as well.

farr0095
18 December 2003, 04:34 AM
It seems to me that things are progressing nicely, especially in light of the upcoming holidays and many folks' travel plans. I'd like you all to continue your conversations. My intention is to allow your PCs to get to know each other a bit here, and express themselves. We will have action in the near future, I promise. I am trying to consider how to approach this with the holidays, but I'll likely have access throughout the season and will be able to post. Please continue your quality RP and enjoy yourselves!

red5_5
18 December 2003, 03:26 PM
Sorry for taking so long to post, the last week of school before break is a mess! I'll be home through the new year, so I will be able to post almost once a day.:)

farr0095
22 December 2003, 03:49 AM
red5_5, no worries, mate! (Now I'm stealing GeorgeA's lines! :rolleyes: ) I know that things get hectic and busy at the end of the year. But I hope that you all can keep going a bit during the holidays. I know that RP can be slow, and some of you might be itching for action (funny to me considering the last time that you were all itching for action it cost one life and nearly two more!) and I can promise you that it's coming soon. I just don't want to step on your virtual toes (or real toes, for that matter, since it hurts) and cut off your RP. Hope to see some posting soon! :)

Howling Wookiee
28 December 2003, 02:46 PM
Well guys I hope you are all enjoying your holidays. Been a very good one here so far. Everyone be safe and happy. BTW I will let those who want to post to post before I respond to Kanner and RJ's posts. See you all in the boards.

farr0095
6 January 2004, 03:09 AM
Well, I could step in and post again, but it appears as though Howling Wookiee would like that honor. I'd say press on and let's see where things go. I'm sure you're all anxious for action, but this RP could be crucial in the future. B)

farr0095
7 January 2004, 06:00 PM
After a long hiatus, I guess it's time to step back into the ring. I'm guessing by the lack of posting, people are tired of RP, but I beg you, please bear with me. Rorworr is going to be a GMPC, more or less, and give me someone of equal footing to keep with the group, and maybe bring in and out of the storyline from time to time. I'll likely have several of those kinds of characters. As per the IoT storyline and box set, Rorworr is another possible PC to play, and knows the PCs from their time at the Royal House of Learning, as mentioned in the post.

I left you an opening to talk with him a bit, and maybe get a different perspective on things. You know that his father was stationed on Naboo as a diplomat, and Rorworr came along with both of his parents. For a past time, Rorworr enjoyed flying and spending time in the forests of the countryside, as well as hanging out with his friends. He favors a bowcaster given as a gift to him by his father. Unmentioned in the post, but his fur is auburn, but usually looks mussed from his spending time acting like... well, a Wookiee.

Kian would remember him from the computer classes. While not incredibly gifted naturally, the young Wookiee tried hard and seemed to pick up general concepts. The rest of the group of young friends also recall that he enjoyed tinkering with technology. Naturally Raygar knows nothing about the Wookiee, except by their species' reputation. And of course, everyone likely knows that a Wookiee is a good friend to have, a worse enemy to have, and a definate asset when facing flimsy battle droids. :wookiee:

farr0095
8 January 2004, 06:09 PM
Well, I already started sharing this with Howling Wookiee since we finally caught up again in a chat (and everyone should feel free to chat with me if you catch me online). Here's my dilema: What do we do after the Invasion of Theed. I'm all geared up to take us through the end of this exciting period. After that, well, I imagine that most would prefer to play in the Clone Wars era, rather than the 10 years in between. So I could give everyone a couple of levels to account for the time, or we could play a couple of missions spread out in the middle. Or we could stick to stuff right after the Blockade, and have a lot of fun with that. The real problem, however, is that most likely right after the Blockade ends, the Jedi would have to return to their Masters for a while. And I've really got a great series of adventues in mind to get everyone back to Coruscant too, which could be the end of our games in the Ep I era. But then how do I get everyone back together for Ep II?

So, if you have an idea of how to keep the group together or get them back together, even though logically the Jedi would have to go have some one-on-one time with their Masters for a while (and get rid of these dark stains they might now possess), please, post them here!

Thanks.

Kanner Ra'an
9 January 2004, 03:33 AM
How about the coming war. If the republic is as peaceful as the movies suggest, then any veterns of combat would be in short supply. Possibly Naboo could offer to send some of the strike teams from the invasion of theed to help train others to resist such an invasion on their own worlds. Regular in the republics small army(peacekeepers and anti pirate forces most likly) would probably be busy drilling new recruits so people with experiance of any kind would probably be greatly needed.

Not a great idea, but it may get the ball rolling.

Rogue Janson
9 January 2004, 03:57 AM
I was actually thinking about what I think Arani would do after the end of the Trade Federation occupation the other day. Probably she'd go into commerce or trading of some kind, like her family. I've always imagined her becoming some sort of high society magnate, but that's probably a bit further off. In the shorter term she might be a bit like Mirax Terrik, a reasonably respectable trader, who still gets involved in adventures and stuff.

Other things I can envisage happening - the Arani family becoming involved in a dirty trade war with the Trade Federation. If, after the occupation, she was really angry enough, especially with the lack of progress with trials and the rise of the separatists, Arani might even be involved in direct sabotage of Federation stuff. Another thing I've always liked the idea of her becoming is an infiltrator.

In any of these roles, she might pull other characters along with her, if they were willing. I can definitely envision Deel and Arani going around together trading, as long as they didn't annoy each other too much. Actually, I can see them going into business separately, but always coincidentally ending up on the same planet (and trying to outsell each other while both getting involved in some kind of typical SW adventure).

In Kanner's scenario, Arani might enlist as an officer. Or she might end up in the same area as Republic forces and get involved in the whole thing - particularly if her friends were there. Actually, another thing I can envision is Arani 'taking over' a Republic team or unit she got involved with, especially if they had inadequate leadership.

Anyway, just some ideas about where I think Arani might be in 10 or so years' time.

Howling Wookiee
9 January 2004, 04:17 AM
Well it is apparent were Rann and Sia-Lan will be heading, with their respected masters. I would assume that they would finish their training and would have complete the Jedi trials and the graduation to Jedi Knights. Upon being "knighted" they would be given solo or team missions that would fall under the jurisdiction of the Order (that could fall under a very broad range).
Like I was telling Shannon, I would not have problem with "fast fowarding" to the AoTC era. Hand out some levels for the elapsed time. Everyone come up with some back story for the 10 years that have passed (that would generate excellent rp when we start out and get back together). Getting back together would be the kicker. I would suggest something along the lines of the Seperatists movement affecting us all. Jedi council would send the Jedi to investigate a planets sucession, Arani and Deel business could be affected by a pull out of a planet and they go investigate why, Republic soldiers and slicers could be sent out on intel missions. ect. ect.
Well that's my 2 cents comments, questions welcome.

coldskier0320
9 January 2004, 05:36 AM
I can see Deel doing one of two main things. First, and probably most likely, is that he would go into his family's merchant business. Deel, though rebellious and headstrong, will eventually have to make his own way. Down this path, I could definitely see Deel and Arani convincing their families to work together. The flip side to this would be that their families reject the idea, in which case, the teens might accept this, OR they might take the knowlegde about business they have and prove to their families that it could work by going into business together. This option would see the most amount of adventuring, as I cant imagine Arani and Deel working together without participating in shady goings-on that will make a great story later.:)

The other way would be that Deel feels some sort of fondness for the strike team lifestyle and turns over a new leaf, forsaking his fancy clothes and jewelry for a datapad and security kit. Or maybe...a middle ground. I could easily imagine Deel becoming an excellent spy in urban scenes, where he could at once enjoy all the creature comforts the galaxy has to offer AND get his daily fix of adventure. Hmmm...

farr0095
11 January 2004, 03:15 AM
Thanks for the feedback. Yeserday, I thought up a good future plan, I think. The adventures will be front-loaded, occuring immediately after the blockade ends, getting everyone back "to where they are supposed to be." Then I will likely make it so that the group reassemblies "on screen" every couple of years, maybe meeting "off screen" several times in the duration.

My general thoughts are that it would be great for Deel and Arani to "go into business together" and that opportunity may arise in game. However, that has to be up to the players themselves if they want that to happen or not. I'm still working on keeping Kian and Rayger in the action, but I think I can make that happen. Worst case, I write what has happened in the recent past to bring the group back together. I think this way we can have a few adventures between the end of Ep I and the beginning of Ep III (yes, that's intentional; I'm not sure how I feel about putting the Jedi on Geonosis).

Anyway, we'll see where it goes!

Also, I'd like to see posts from 1/2-2/3 of the group before we advance IoT. red5_5 is AWOL lately, but if coldskier, Kanner and George post, we'll be sure to move it on. Thanks!

farr0095
14 January 2004, 04:56 AM
I'm going to LA on business from today and getting back Friday. I'll have my laptop with me (and my general understanding of the rules ;)) so I should be able to keep up if we get a bunch of posts quick. I know that George said he'd get to it tomorrow (but since he's from the land of Oz, that's later today for us in the states). Hopefully we can move along quickly and get you guys into some serious trouble... um, I mean action. B)

Kanner Ra'an
14 January 2004, 02:00 PM
I've been thinking about Raygers spot in the future. Raygers tenure with the Republic would have run out by the time of the clone wars. By that time period he'll have returned to the balmorrian military. Possible Arani and Deel's buissness could take them their, or just have something to do with Balmorra in general. If its a problem PM me and will make something up.

Secondly i have a question about the compound. What is the general layout like and where are our characters.

Rogue Janson
14 January 2004, 03:05 PM
Bearing in mind Balmorra's industrial strength, does anyone know if they had anything to do with the separatists or were loyal to the republic?

farr0095
14 January 2004, 03:31 PM
I don't want to get into this in great detail. But, between the house and Theed there's an obvious hill; but that's not a good place to go. There are plains perpendicular to the line between the villa and Theed, and a wooded area is in the fourth direction (opposite from Theed). Otherwise, there are a series of buildings with a short stone wall surrounding them. I would say that none of the buildings will help much. It could be a race to the woods, and then hope you can hide from the troops there. Lastly, there are the other members of the cell to think about.

Kanner Ra'an
14 January 2004, 05:40 PM
Bearing in mind Balmorra's industrial strength, does anyone know if they had anything to do with the separatists or were loyal to the republic?

Not sure on that one. The companies that are listed as being seperatists are

Baktoid Armor Workshop, Haor Chall Engineering, Republic Sienar Systems, Kuat Systems Engineering, TaggeCo, BlasTech Industries, and the Corellian Engineering Corporation,

so Balmorra isn't listed. However the thing that bothers me is they manufactuer battle droids, so that would likly put them in the confederacy's camp.

farr0095
14 January 2004, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by Kanner Ra'an
so Balmorra isn't listed. However the thing that bothers me is they manufactuer battle droids, so that would likly put them in the confederacy's camp.

To me that just gives me lots of plot hooks. Now you might have to expect that... in ten years game time!

coldskier0320
15 January 2004, 08:47 AM
Are we armed? Also, what can we see?

Rogue Janson
15 January 2004, 09:10 AM
Did Deel get a bag of clothes & stuff like Arani? I presume Arani's pistol is in her bag with everything else (though it might require a search check to find, until then will have to hold off battle droids with make-up mirror, glitter and hairbrushes).

farr0095
15 January 2004, 02:26 PM
Everyone has a "standard" sidearm. So you could say that Deel has a blaster pistol. I don't see any reason for people to have blaster rifles though. Hope that helps!

farr0095
20 January 2004, 04:48 AM
Can everyone please tell me if they spent any Force points up through the previous adventures? I just need to verify my book keeping.

Thank you. :)

farr0095
20 January 2004, 05:18 AM
I posted today to move things along. Everyone's had long enough. So, fire away!

farr0095
20 January 2004, 07:36 AM
Oh, I should mention something. On previous maps, the squares were a meter. That is still the case. Of course, on previous maps, the character tokens took the entire square. That is no longer the case. I figured that even though it goes against most of the rulebook notes (which actually usually have a square equal two meters), I think it makes more sense to have the characters be regular size, about half-a-meter wide. So, that's a change for the astute observer.

farr0095
20 January 2004, 04:50 PM
Mostly a question for Rogue Janson... since originally there were two doors in the cellar, which door are you headed towards? I realize one has been blown apart, but your post wasn't clear if you're rushing up the steps or past Rann.

Rogue Janson
21 January 2004, 02:53 AM
Sorry, I had a feeling I hadn't made that clear enough. Arani's going the same way as Rayger, heading up the steps. Going to see if we can manage a phased withdrawal.

farr0095
23 January 2004, 02:20 AM
I should post this morning. All I can say is: it's a shame Rann doesn't have Combat Reflexes. He'd be getting AoO's like mad!

Howling Wookiee
23 January 2004, 04:01 AM
I was thinking the same thing. Best thing to do is retreat, regroup, and reap havoc in a bette place. Game on Everyone.

farr0095
23 January 2004, 06:36 AM
It was time to post. I haven't seen Nick (red5_5) lately, and while I've seen George (GeorgeA) he kept procrastinating or something. So, there's Round 8 (by my count... and number of posts I've made in this adventure thus far).

I'll post the map later today when I get home (I didn't bring the map image to work). Also, I haven't drawn in (as you may have noticed) everyone's bags that they may have been carrying. I already talked to Kanner Ra'an about this, but I know that Rogue Janson and coldskier both mentioned having clothing bags. Nobody has mentioned they picked them up yet, so, being the very kind GM that I am, I thought I'd make a quick reference that if you want to grab your stuff, you might consider it.

But I guess since I said that, I'll have to think about weight restrictions/limitations to movement. Kanner, we'll need to work out the weight of your gear then. Can you PM me some thoughts on that?

Also, another:
House Rule
Initiative Order
Since people tend to write off other's emails, if you reference someone else's posts or actions, I'm just taking that as a delay of initiative. Thus far it hasn't made any big differences and I don't suspect that it will.

Okay, enough of that.

Rogue Janson
23 January 2004, 07:53 AM
Actually, I've been carrying my bad with me - Arani's been rummaging around in it to find her blaster pistol.

coldskier0320
23 January 2004, 08:39 AM
Yeah, Deel had to get in his bag for his sidearm as well, I thought he was carrying it with him, so consider it that he is carrying his bag with him when he moves.

farr0095
23 January 2004, 08:45 AM
I guess I had envisioned that you both had them on the ground when you were rummaging through them. Whatever though!

farr0095
23 January 2004, 04:27 PM
Grr... You can't edit a post to include a file. So here is the latest map.

Another question. I haven't posted maps to the threads before because I didn't want to eat up too much space for the Holonet Forums. Then I couldn't post to my old Uni account, so I just attached the file. I found that I've got an additional 10MB from another source, that I could put up files. So, the question is, being concerned and honorable citizens of the Holonet, where do you think/prefer I should host the maps?

farr0095
24 January 2004, 09:24 AM
The way I read Howling Wookiee's latest post, Rann is attacking the droid at the bottom of the map, since I assume Rann had been facing the blasted doorway and the onslaught of troops. That is not the quickest way out of the room, however, so it may not be what you intended. Can you please clarify?

Oh, and for future reference, now would be a very opportune time to have purchased ranks in Tumble. ;)

red5_5
24 January 2004, 12:16 PM
Hey guys. Sorry for not being able to post, I just finished finals week. Now I should be able to post more often. :)

Howling Wookiee
25 January 2004, 05:01 AM
I did not realize I was facing the doorway. I will be attacking the droid that is between me and the others. Should be behind me and to the left. Hope that helps.

farr0095
25 January 2004, 05:30 AM
I believe that coldskier has been having some computer problems lately, so I took the liberty of doing a short NPC bit on Deel and moving us forward. Things have been going well, and I hope we can keep up a good pace.

I'll caution that I'm on a business trip Wednesday through Friday of this week, and I won't be taking my laptop this time. Maybe I can get a post out Wednesday morning, then again Friday afternoon to keep things rolling.

coldskier0320
28 January 2004, 05:28 AM
Thanks for running Deel, Shannon. Yes, my computer at home is out for repairs and the weekend followed by two snow days in a row has kept me away from the school network.

Howling Wookiee
31 January 2004, 06:22 AM
Ok, guys just wanted to let you all know that I was back. Probably did not realize I was gone. :) Well I've had a severe case of the flu and now I'm finally over it. I dropped Shannon a short email the other day letting him know that I would be outta pocket for a couple of days. Well through the use of drugs and 4 lonely days on my death bed I'm 95% back to health. Just wanted to update everyone and game on.

farr0095
2 February 2004, 02:21 AM
Yet more coming from the GM. I had wished to post on Saturday or Sunday. Alas, "Wishers and woulders be small householders." (Voltaire). Anyway, I need to get some input or a post edit from Howling Wookiee (Glad to have you back!) due to a conflict of actions. So, after that, we'll hopefully get the GM in gear.

Another short heads-up, is that I'm going to be in the field this week, doing an Operational Readiness Exercise on the night shift. That's two things I've never done before, an ORE and worked nights. So, we'll see how I handle it and if I have any steam to post.

Cheers!

farr0095
2 February 2004, 03:56 PM
I went ahead and put some of my OOC comments in there. Sorry, Howling Wookiee, but you got lucky that Rann avoided the crit there on a natural 20. Good thing his Total Defense/Deflection from last round carried over through that droid's actions. Don't forget that since you're wounded, you're fatigued, so -2 to Str and Dex.

Rogue Janson, I can't believe the your luck. Talk about Lucky! You went from a natural 1 to a natural 20! Nicely done!

Kanner Ra'an, you didn't declare an attack action, and I figured you planned to use Total Defense there. If you didn't want to, I can make the changes. But that likely means you'd take a lot of hits. You also nicely avoided a crit, and I can't believe the damage difference. How you take 5 damage to Rann's 14, well, it gets me.

So, that's the situation. Once everyone gets outside, we'll move quickly to the next major scene. :D

Kanner Ra'an
2 February 2004, 04:13 PM
Sorry, it should have been at the end of the post. I rewrite each of my posts 1001 times before i post it, so it must have got deleted. Sorry.

farr0095
2 February 2004, 04:16 PM
Are you saying you wanted to attack instead of be on Total Defense? I can make the changes quick and pretty easy.

Kanner Ra'an
3 February 2004, 11:50 AM
Sorry, total defense was supposed to be what was posted at the end. Not an attack.

farr0095
3 February 2004, 01:10 PM
Okay, that makes more sense. Better off too. ;-)

Well let Rogue Janson post and I think Howling Wookiee would like to get something in there too. Then we'll move forward.

farr0095
6 February 2004, 10:25 AM
I won't get to post until Sunday or so due to work schedule this weekend. That should allow a few stragglers to get back into the game. :)

Howling Wookiee
6 February 2004, 02:11 PM
Whatever you say slacker......What's more important, IoT or your job. You need to get your priorities straight mister. :) JK. I will be out of town visiting the inlaws (pray for me) this weekend. I will be back late Sunday night and will try to catch up then. Everyone have a good weekend.

The Wookiee

farr0095
10 February 2004, 04:00 AM
The wild and busy weekend ended. I think I wound up with a cold (sore throat) as a result of the cold and damp weather we played in. But it's good training and has to be done.

I've put up a post and would like to get lots of folks to sound off on the course of action. Irregardless, I'll plan to move us forward no later than Thursday and into the next phase of this episode. I had originally planned for this to be two separate "adventures" but we'll tie them nicely together.

Game on!

farr0095
12 February 2004, 06:18 PM
You get a nice night of rest. I suppose I could have continued my post through the next day, but I wanted to give a break to everyone.

Everyone will have enough rest to regather all lost VP. Additionally, Rann and Sia-Lan can each make one Heal Self/Another check on Rann if they would like to try to help him recover lost WP. Rann will not have enough time to naturally heal any WP.

Take a bit to RP if you'd like. I know I'd like you all to do that.

Real life wise, I'll out of town from tomorrow through Sunday and not taking my computer. Valentine's Day weekend is to be with my wife, not the Net. Sorry guys.

But Monday is a federal holiday so I should be able to post then too.

Have a great weekend!

coldskier0320
13 February 2004, 02:45 AM
Valentine's Day weekend is to be with my wife, not the Net. Sorry guys.

Good idea, Shannon, you def made the right choice. You don't hafta live with us HoloNetters, and you can just not enter the rants & raves forum if you dont wanna hear US complain, HER on the other hand...:P

Actually, I'll be out all weekend as well with the gf, as V-day and our (insert appropriate month, I dont remember) anniversary is on the 16th. (Ha! I DID remember for once!:D).

farr0095
18 February 2004, 04:14 AM
Nice long post for all of you. I'm trying to move us ahead and back into the action... that seems to be most everyone's preference. Let me know if you'd rather have more character development time. I'd say plot development, but I don't think we're hurting much there and I'm not sure what else I'd throw at you for that.

Mechanics notes: You're all full up on VP/WP. Rann will have a bandage and could potentially reopen the wound, but that's mostly for flavor. He's all healed up and ready to go.

New Name?: You might notice that we're getting near the end of the Battle of Naboo. I've talked to some about the name of the game... and even in the thread above. I've been rethinking my IoT use of designation. Now, I've got six very creative minds here. Can we think up another designation for IoT? Or maybe a name for the group or something? Or should we rename ourselves after the Battle of Naboo as we move into new adventures?

Thoughts?

Howling Wookiee
18 February 2004, 08:52 AM
I've been rolling this around in my head and keep coming up with "something" Saga. That is what we are doing after all creating and rping in our own litlle Saga, based of GL's original Saga. However I can't for the life of me, think up of a catchy name to add on to it............that is my half-thought-up idea. Anyone feel free to add or demolish the idea.

That's my 2 cents and I feel someone owes me some change. :)

The Wook

farr0095
21 February 2004, 05:28 AM
For those of you following along with the movie, we're right at the time before the soldiers accompanying Capt Panaka blow up the AAT with the Gian speeder's cannon. If you notice, we never see "Queen Amidala" in the scenes before the hangar, so I've got some Gamemaster Freedom for this scene. Coolness, I like it when a plan comes together.

Rogue Janson
22 February 2004, 01:45 PM
As I see it, a campaign title needs to reflect either the content, or a theme of the campaign. So - Invasion of Theed is about the Invasion of Theed; Paths of the Force is about the ways of the Force and those treading them; Jedi Twilight reflects the decline of the Jedi in the NJO and the fact our Jedi constantly got kicked in and it got rather downbeat ... etc.

Seeing as we don't really know what the next 'era' of the campaign's going to be like, titling's a bit tricky. From the theme of the campaign so far, I'd have to suggest something about bravery and friendship and all that, but it'd probably come out rather cheesy.

"Saga"'s a good word for a title, but at the moment anything "Saga" just makes me think of "Excel Saga", which is a completely deranged animé series.
So not much help there...

Rogue Janson
25 February 2004, 11:57 AM
I'm ready to post, if you could give us a quick overview of the layout of the area, Shannon.

farr0095
27 February 2004, 10:40 AM
The new map is of a different scale. Maybe the designers of a RPG know what they're doing. I rescaled everthing. The squares are now two meters each, so your move of "10 meters" gets you a move of 5 squares. The fact that this might put characters on top of each other sometimes is true, but as rules are an approximation for life, we can deal with it. Also, this means your character has a two-meter cube in which he/she can dodge and weave allowing the defense number to work without me always moving folks.

Also, more to the current post, you all get a surprise round. I'll remind you that you get one action during a surprise round. This means an attack or a move action. Therefore, those who can take a one-square step and have a clear shot at an enemy can shoot this round. Otherwise you'll have to move and next round start shooting.

And how are people feeling about this: "Since people tend to write off other's emails, if you reference someone else's posts or actions, I'm just taking that as a delay of initiative" as mentioned in a previous post? Is that okay?

Howling Wookiee
27 February 2004, 12:49 PM
I agree with the delay. That would mean that a PC is watching another PC and would therefore miss their initiative. IMHO.

Wook

Kanner Ra'an
27 February 2004, 01:12 PM
Sounds good to me.

farr0095
29 February 2004, 05:43 PM
Hey all. Howling Wookiee went ahead and gave me his actions for the Surprise Round and the First Normal Round. I think that's a great idea here, and will be happy to take that from you all. That will speed this up a bit more too. Thanks.